Xenical Orlistat 120mg.weight Loss Pill.

benford

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
DOCTORS
Today i had an appointment with my GP for a review on my Asthma and being given a Steroid tablet for exacerbations from November to March .The weight has piled on as if i did'nt have enough problems with weight anyway.The GP has now given me the above mentioned pill,Has anyone had experience of this Tablet and did it work for them.Thanks.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Today i had an appointment with my GP for a review on my Asthma and being given a Steroid tablet for exacerbations from November to March .The weight has piled on as if i did'nt have enough problems with weight anyway.The GP has now given me the above mentioned pill,Has anyone had experience of this Tablet and did it work for them.Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken I took that pill years ago. What it does is it stops your body from absorbing the fat in your food, right? It'll even give you racer tummy if your fat intake is higher than the pill 'likes'? Kind of a fat antabus. Again, if I get that part right, it didn't help me one bit. Perhaps a few kgs lost, and gained. I certainly wouldn't go for en encore on that one.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It gave me the runs, even when i strictly adhered to the guidelines of a very low fat diet. I also got cramping pains and didnt lose any weight.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't taken it myself, but have heard it tends to result in "disaster pants" at the worst possible times and impossible places. Much embarrassment in public is possible :(

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was offered it once. The doc described it as a 'security guard, to punish you if you ate high fat food by giving you the trots'. I refused it. I felt I had already been humiliated enough, without embarrassing myself in public. Also, it spoke volumes to me about what the HCPs opinion of obese people was.

In addition, I don't think the elimination of fat / prevention of fat being absorbed is the way to go.

Reactions: Indy51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh grief - another doctor who thinks we get fat by eating fat - I have had that from HCPs for decades - take this diet sheet they say - eat all these healthy carbs and no fat and the weight will just fall off.
Didn't happen - I just put on even more weight.
Do more exercise they said.
More than five hours a day?
I used to take the dog for a walk first thing, cycle to work, cycle back and take the dog out - I used to run to the next village and back each evening - the dog was very fit.
As soon as I compared my diet to the dogs I began to eat low carb and I lost weight easily - the doctor went ballistic.

Reactions: stevenkpalmer

benford

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
DOCTORS
Thanks folks i'll give it a little go and let you know how it goes if i can get off the Karsi.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes my heart surgeon recommended it. He didn't listen when I told him I wasn't eating enough fat for the tablet to make any difference. I was right. It didn't. :rolleyes:

I wish there was a tablet to make heart surgeons listen, might be more useful than Orlistat. ;)

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh God, yet another commercial “answer” to a human problem. If we are smart we stick to stuff over which we have some control. Sodding pills are not the answer to everything unless you own or have financial interests in big pharma. Resist!
Mind you, I have the metformin trots today. Working towards being pill free. Only 4 weeks into my new lifestyle so it will take a while. Old quotation “it’s a wise man who f@rts in the Sudan”. So today I have the Sudans. The joy!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I took it, then not much longer after that I couldn't tolerate my metformin. Messed me up. :(

Jmennaid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was prescribed this by GP when it was first licensed in UK. Can't remember if I had much weight loss but lord, it sure makes you check the fat content of anything that you eat. You learn quickly that the side effects are not pleasant and extremely embarrassing.

swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have lost a stone in weight due to taking Orlistat. Thats in a month. I was 13 stine now 12 stone. I thought maybe my scales were not right. But weighed at the docs and it is right ive lost that weight. You still have to eat a
Some fat for it to work . I haven't excersised so it shocked me ive lost this much already. I am not a big eater and am diabetes 2 so due to a fatty liver via being overweight. I was always slim till i just became less active and the weight went up. So ive not had all these symptoms others are having as said on here, maybe runny stools at times but thats expected naturally at times anyway. . But nothing worse and so everyone is different but i am very happy with my results.