24 Hour Fasting

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all been doing 18/6 fasting for 3 months with great results. I find that I'm not hungry after 18 hours so often go 20/22/23 hours with one meal a day. I only reason I have one meal at the moment I'm still on medication that I have to have with food (I have cut this by half over last month) Looking at doing 3 - 24 hour fasts per week. At end of 24 hours what eating regime do you adapt? If I fast from 12.00 Sunday till 12.00 Monday 24 hours. Eat 12.00 till 1.00 what fast do you do before next 24 hours? o_O

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all been doing 18/6 fasting for 3 months with great results. I find that I'm not hungry after 18 hours so often go 20/22/23 hours with one meal a day. I only reason I have one meal at the moment I'm still on medication that I have to have with food (I have cut this by half over last month) Looking at doing 3 - 24 hour fasts per week. At end of 24 hours what eating regime do you adapt? If I fast from 12.00 Sunday till 12.00 Monday 24 hours. Eat 12.00 till 1.00 what fast do you do before next 24 hours? o_O
Not quite sure I understand the question. You want to do one meal a day 3 days a week? I would then do 2 meals a day the rest of the time. I chose lunch and dinner because breakfast was never a meal I liked much so found it easy to drop it.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just an observation, and a question!
Why do you need to eat at 'breakfast' 'dinner' 'lunch' and so on?

You fast to miss meals, why not eat at the time you feel like eating, it just does not have to be at a set time or period of the day! You can and probably do have many different times when you repast, depending on your day or your partners day and the family.
I eat when I want to, not by, its dinner and I have to eat!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You fast to miss meals, why not eat at the time you feel like eating, it just does not have to be at a set time or period of the day! You can and probably do have many different times when you repast, depending on your day or your partners day and the family.
Was that for me? I agree I just use those terms as thats what most people use..my first food is usually between 2pm and 4pm with later food between 7pm and 8pm . Most would say thats lunch and dinner.. I guess it's just a lazy shorthand for mealtimes.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Was that for me? I agree I just use those terms as thats what most people use..my first food is usually between 2pm and 4pm with later food between 7pm and 8pm . Most would say thats lunch and dinner.. I guess it's just a lazy shorthand for mealtimes.

Not really mate, just an observation to highlight why the general populace eat too much and try and think outside the box.
I was being creative in how to address intermittent fasting and when and how to end the fast

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Surely the first meal of the day is break-fast no matter what time of day you have it? ;):)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi @Lamont D, I don't eat at set times, like you I eat when I need to. I do at least an 18 hr fast every day from 20.00 to 14.00 next day. As mentioned I do go longer and have to eat at least one meal so I can take my meds. :)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not quite sure I understand the question. You want to do one meal a day 3 days a week? I would then do 2 meals a day the rest of the time. I chose lunch and dinner because breakfast was never a meal I liked much so found it easy to drop it.
Hi @bulkbiker thanks for reply. I only eat one meal a day at the moment on my 18/6 fasting. I don't eat after 20.00 till 14.00 next day so always a minimum of 18 hours. I was looking at doing 3- 24 hr fasts per week and wondered what others did regarding meals when they are not on the 24hr fast. I think I will just extend my 18 hr fasts 3 days a week and keep with what I'm doing to see how that goes. :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @bulkbiker thanks for reply. I only eat one meal a day at the moment on my 18/6 fasting. I don't eat after 20.00 till 14.00 next day so always a minimum of 18 hours. I was looking at doing 3- 24 hr fasts per week and wondered what others did regarding meals when they are not on the 24hr fast. I think I will just extend my 18 hr fasts 3 days a week and keep with what I'm doing to see how that goes. :)
Are we getting a bit tied up with language? If you are only eating once per day unless you are having 6 hour meals then you are already 23-1 fasting assuming you are only eating for an hour. Thats where I was getting confused.

Reactions: Terrytiddy