Rubybaay

Hi everyone!

I am a Master’s student at UCL (University College London), and am currently conducting a research project that focuses on the role of mobile applications (apps) in the self-management of diabetes. Given the chronic nature of diabetes, mobile apps already play an invaluable role in empowering diabetics to manage their own condition. However, there is still a low active usage of mobile apps amongst diabetics today. Therefore, my goal is to do more research, by conducting a short survey (survey link below), into how we can make diabetes apps more useful and valuable to diabetes patients. This will involve looking at the trends on how diabetics use mobile applications, the solutions that diabetics are looking for in mobile apps, and the drawbacks of currently available diabetes apps. The aim is to eventually draft a proposal with recommendations on improving the functionality of diabetes management apps so that they are better tailored to patient preferences.

I would really appreciate it if you could spare 5 minutes of your time to complete it. It does not ask for any personal details, and your responses are anonymous. If you would like to see the results of this survey I am also more than happy to share them with you once the study is completed.

Your support would be very much appreciated - Thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2CXYQ5H

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You may have missed a question I posed on another of your threads so I will repeat it here , if I may.

Is your degree to go toward a qualification in Medicine? Or is it something akin to Market Research?

I cannot fill in your survey, sorry, my old Tablet won't make a secure connection.

Rubybaay

You may have missed a question I posed on another of your threads so I will repeat it here , if I may.

Is your degree to go toward a qualification in Medicine? Or is it something akin to Market Research?

I cannot fill in your survey, sorry, my old Tablet won't make a secure connection.

I'm doing a Master's in 'Drug Discovery', but my previous BSc degree was in Biomedical sciences (so quite similar to Medicine):)

Reactions: saaiim and Guzzler

TerriH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Noise, hooligan drivers and most of all rude, selfish and totally inconsiderate people.
I am type 1 54 years long!! if you would like a contribution I would love to help but when I click on the link it is not available for me!!

*Edited to removed personal details

Last edited by a moderator:

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am type 1 54 years long!! if you would like a contribution I would love to help but when I click on the link it is not available for me!!
Probably because the survey was done about a year ago so is unlikely to still be available
PS. @TerriH its is normally a very bad idea to put your email on open forums - you should remove it :)

Reactions: Rachox

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
This is an old thread so the link may be redundant now.

@TerriH I have removed your email address to protect your identity, best wishes J.