1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Approved Research On Diabetes

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by Rubybaay, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Rubybaay

Rubybaay · Member

Hi everyone!

I am a Master’s student at UCL (University College London), and am currently conducting a research project that focuses on the role of mobile applications (apps) in the self-management of diabetes. Given the chronic nature of diabetes, mobile apps already play an invaluable role in empowering diabetics to manage their own condition. However, there is still a low active usage of mobile apps amongst diabetics today. Therefore, my goal is to do more research, by conducting a short survey (survey link below), into how we can make diabetes apps more useful and valuable to diabetes patients. This will involve looking at the trends on how diabetics use mobile applications, the solutions that diabetics are looking for in mobile apps, and the drawbacks of currently available diabetes apps. The aim is to eventually draft a proposal with recommendations on improving the functionality of diabetes management apps so that they are better tailored to patient preferences.

I would really appreciate it if you could spare 5 minutes of your time to complete it. It does not ask for any personal details, and your responses are anonymous. If you would like to see the results of this survey I am also more than happy to share them with you once the study is completed.

Your support would be very much appreciated - Thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2CXYQ5H

• Like Like x 2
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

You may have missed a question I posed on another of your threads so I will repeat it here , if I may.

Is your degree to go toward a qualification in Medicine? Or is it something akin to Market Research?

I cannot fill in your survey, sorry, my old Tablet won't make a secure connection.

3. Struma

Struma Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Done ✔️
    Compliments for a good survey!

4. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Did the survey for what it's worth...

5. Rubybaay

Rubybaay · Member

I'm doing a Master's in 'Drug Discovery', but my previous BSc degree was in Biomedical sciences (so quite similar to Medicine):)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rubybaay

Rubybaay · Member

Thank you!

7. Rubybaay

Rubybaay · Member

Thank you :)

8. TerriH

TerriH Type 1 · Member

I am type 1 54 years long!! if you would like a contribution I would love to help but when I click on the link it is not available for me!!

*Edited to removed personal details

#8 TerriH, Jul 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
  9. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Probably because the survey was done about a year ago so is unlikely to still be available
    PS. @TerriH its is normally a very bad idea to put your email on open forums - you should remove it :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

This is an old thread so the link may be redundant now.

@TerriH I have removed your email address to protect your identity, best wishes J.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook