What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you still in Cornwall? We arrive next Saturday- Have you found anywhere selling low carb pasties?

Yes still here.
Low carb pasties - oh how I wish!
The local butcher makes his own, Mr C has one most days for his lunch but I make him eat it walking home - I daren’t have it in the house!
I’ll wave next Sat as you pass by - will you be going via A30? We’re not far off

Reactions: rhubarb73

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My Nan used to make them they where so big she could only just fit them in the oven and I have never tasted the like since she used to give me half of one for lunch I could never have eaten a whole one.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi everyone had a great day at Portrush quite a long drive up but I had a book so it was ok. We stopped for some lunch around 1pm my brother and I had sausage and chips (small portions) my other brother had a sausage bap my dad had a bacon bap and my mum had leek and carrot soup with Wheaton bread. After lunch we went to the arcades I won a minion from Despicable me 3 and I won my brother a spiderman toy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No fbg but a little corrective to some of my dour posts. This image of the Suffolk P grandchildren is what will have me cursing and banging my head against brick walls to get my fbg lower than a snake's belly. Leo and Isabel P

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-12_20-26-57.png
    upload_2018-8-12_20-26-57.png
    351 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Yes still here.
Low carb pasties - oh how I wish!
The local butcher makes his own, Mr C has one most days for his lunch but I make him eat it walking home - I daren’t have it in the house!
I’ll wave next Sat as you pass by - will you be going via A30? We’re not far off

I expect we will go A30 - we are heading to St Ives so most of the way down. Long journey from Yorkshire: hoping the little Rhubarbs in the back don't drive us potty. "Are we there yet?"

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
No fbg but a little corrective to some of my dour posts. This image of the Suffolk P grandchildren is what will have me cursing and banging my head against brick walls to get my fbg lower than a snake's belly. Leo and Isabel P
Aw they are lovely

Reactions: Cumberland

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night all 6.3 tonight slightly worried about hypos due to having two the other night even though my BG was 7.0

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I expect we will go A30 - we are heading to St Ives so most of the way down. Long journey from Yorkshire: hoping the little Rhubarbs in the back don't drive us potty. "Are we there yet?"

Oh I remember those days! Usually starts about 10 mins into the journey!

Hope you have a good trip and please bring some sunny weather

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Out of hospital. No more white toast with jam for breakfast .. so I have a few notes, the choices available are not exactly diabetes friendly but I was able to choose accordingly and to be fair I didn’t want to eat! Since I’ve been home I lost 9 lb in my hospital week but 4 days were nil by mouth. I’m back to intermittent fasting and relearning a diet schedule without a gall bladder wish me luck 6.2 tonight