What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morening
Serious post today.
26 years ago on this day a young man from the north of England died in hospital, his family decided to donate his organs for transplantation. I received his liver, his and his family's gift enabled me to see my children grow up, marry and have children.
So today is a mixed emotional day for me.
Transplantation works, one of the minor side effects caused by the anti rejection drugs is diabetes, I say minor because the alternative to not taking the drugs is death.
Please think about organ donation and discuss it with your family.

A gentle 6.0 for me today.

Have a good day as I shall try to.

I'm glad that they made this decision. Although it was heartbreaking for them, I'm sure it brought some comfort. (I speak from experience here, having made a similar decision just over 3 years with the death of my son.) I don't want to hijack your post, but I wanted to let you know how much this decision helps the donor families as well the recipient.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I'm glad that they made this decision. Although it was heartbreaking for them, I'm sure it brought some comfort. (I speak from experience here, having made a similar decision just over 3 years with the death of my son.) I don't want to hijack your post, but I wanted to let you know how much this decision helps the donor families as well the recipient.

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Many many thanks for making that decision.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

I can't even begin to imagine what you went through. And still are going through. But it must be heart warming for you knowing how your son has saved lives and stopped the grief of many others.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. 5.3 is very pleasing after a fish from the chip shop and 8 chips from someone else's plate! So enjoyed that fish. Back home today for week and a bit. It was so wonderful to eat with my dear friend (rice and chicken) and others after a torrid 10 dayfor her. Back home today to homemade chicken curry.
@Goonergal the flag will be out in our house too. Son No 1 season ticket holder. Have a great season.
@shelley262 hope you have settled backhome after your hectic week. What a lovely time with your Mum. I miss that.@ianpspurs hope you had a nice trip to Southampton and got to hold your second new grandaughter.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all koffy drinkers but not koffy drinking politicians.

A 7.2 for me this morning.

To those keen gardeners who have been painting their lawns gloss green, best wait till the rain eases and the sun shines.
Have a good one folks.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Sunday all
5.0 today again - slept later as still a few leg cramps last night disturbing me , although milder thankfully, I think long journeys cramped in car maybe don’t help I’m sure will be back to normal tonight.
Day at pc planned today compiling the low carb recipe booklet should be fun seeing it come together in one place but think it will take a couple of days.
@PenguinMum pleased your trip went well - yes I try and make most of time with mum it’s her 88th birthday at Christmas so know lucky to have her and has been lovely seeing her in better health past month or so
@ianpspurs looks like you’re having good family time enjoy