What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
Snap @rhubarb73 : 6.2 for me ( but without the treat of peaches last night) so no breakfast as I’m above my self imposed limit of 6.0. Got a roast to look forward to later though.
@PenguinMum I’m glad you and your friend enjoyed your time together, she must have been so pleased you came.
@shelley262 I hope you have a better night tonight - the car journey, probably didn’t make it easier. Good luck with the recipe section today.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Morning all
Snap @rhubarb73 : 6.2 for me ( but without the treat of peaches last night) so no breakfast as I’m above my self imposed limit of 6.0. Got a roast to look forward to later though.
@PenguinMum I’m glad you and your friend enjoyed your time together, she must have been so pleased you came.
@shelley262 I hope you have a better night tonight - the car journey, probably didn’t make it easier. Good luck with the recipe section today.

Are you still in Cornwall? We arrive next Saturday- Have you found anywhere selling low carb pasties?

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morening
Serious post today.
26 years ago on this day a young man from the north of England died in hospital, his family decided to donate his organs for transplantation. I received his liver, his and his family's gift enabled me to see my children grow up, marry and have children.
So today is a mixed emotional day for me.
Transplantation works, one of the minor side effects caused by the anti rejection drugs is diabetes, I say minor because the alternative to not taking the drugs is death.
Please think about organ donation and discuss it with your family.

A gentle 6.0 for me today.

Have a good day as I shall try to.

Big hugs alf

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Me three! Also take magnesium (although too much can lead to unexpected toilet visits!)

I'm not that mad about takin supplements .. I've found that eating a bag of pork scratchings after an intense period of activity ( an hour or so of tennis usually ) certainly helps. Possibly because of the high salt / fat / protein. Content ?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s straight 6 this morning. Not overly bothered as had a 6 course Chinese dinner last night. I think that the culprit was the Gewurtztraminer that someone contributed. Oh, and the prawn toast, and maybe the spring rolls, and the wontons. Oh well.

It’s raining at present so the AstroTurf is getting a wash.

Have a great day if you can :angelic:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi... I'm a similar boat I think. I've been using pink Himalayan salt and swapped to an American lake salt which is meant to be higher in other minerals. I only get cramps occasionally but its a pain when it happens... I'd welcome any specific thoughts ....
@OrsonKartt - I have suffered with cramps for many years and tried all sorts of so called remedies. I find this what eases them is a magnesium oil spray rubbed into my legs and to take water a couple of times a day with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
Edit. @Goonergal, not sure if a magnesium pill is as efficient as an absorbent magnesium spray. Maybe give it a whirl. I get Mine fron H&B.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrsonKartt

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Are you still in Cornwall? We arrive next Saturday- Have you found anywhere selling low carb pasties?
Don't know about low carb but if it's a good pasties your after you could do worse than the pasty shop in Padstow where I used to live for a few years one visit there and my brother in law's life as a vegetarian came to an abrupt end. I did tell him repeatedly to spit the meat out but he just wouldn't listen.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
As I have MG I tend to stay clear of magnesium and just put up with the cramps.
And this is why.

Magnesium is known to act at the neuromuscular junction by inhibiting the presynaptic release of acetylcholine and desensitizing the postsynaptic membrane. Because of these effects, magnesium has been postulated to potentiate neuromuscular weakness. We describe the case of a 62-year-old woman with myasthenia gravis and a metastatic thymoma who was admitted to our intensive care unit for management of a myasthenic crisis. The patient's neuromuscular weakness worsened in association with standard intravenous magnesium replacement, and the exacerbated respiratory failure necessitated intubation, mechanical ventilation, and an extended stay in the intensive care unit. The effect of magnesium replacement on myasthenia gravis patients has not been well documented, and we present this case to increase awareness and stimulate research. In addition, we discuss the relevant medical literature.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4591897/

Though for most people it acts to relax muscles and stop or prevent cramps.

Reactions: Cumberland

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
@OrsonKartt - I have suffered with cramps for many years and tried all sorts of so called remedies. I find this what eases them is a magnesium oil spray rubbed into my legs and to take water a couple of times a day with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
Edit. @Goonergal, not sure if a magnesium pill is as efficient as an absorbent magnesium spray. Maybe give it a whirl. I get Mine fron H&B.

Cheers for that I've just ordered some

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I’ve had a rough night and morning

Awoke at 3am with a 3.1