Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Am I the only one have this conversation with myself?

Me 1: Did you see that article about the risk of running out of insulin in the UK if there is no Brexit agreement?
Me 2: Mumble mumble grumble mumble bleep bleep Brexit. I’m fed up with all this Brexit.
Me 1: Yes, but this could seriously affect you.
Me 2: surely the government wouldn’t do something which could be fatal to hundreds of thousands of Brits.
Me 1: do you want to risk it?
Me 2: don’t we every time we renew our prescription?
Me 1: probably but that is a known scenario. Brexit isn’t.
Me 2: Mumble mumble grumble mumble bleep bleep Brexit. I’m fed up with all this Brexit.
Me 1: come on you have to think about this
Me 2: so what do you suggest? Stockpiling insulin?
Me 1: maybe
Me 2: but if lots of people stockpile insulin, there will be a shortage
Me 1: true. Do you want to be one of those people without insulin?
Me 2: no but I also don’t want to be one of those people causing a problem for others

Or does no one else have these kind of internal debates?
I believe it is alright to talk to oneself but to to answer oneself back is a worry. Then again I fit onto that category so you will need to consider that my answers may be being answered by my doppelganger !!
Here in the Antipodes we worry that the boat from Europe carrying insulin supplies might be waylaid. Or refrigeration fail etc. Any disaster scenario is possible. In the end local production is probably the answer but is there the demand to do this in each country? Maybe as the technology becomes more streamlined this might be possible - yes a 3 D insulin printer in every insulin-requiring diabetic's household. And others to print the fglucose meter, strips, pen or pump and consumables. And of course to keep priorities in order @Knikki would have a 3d printer for cakes, @Mel dCP a zero carb food printer , a Ruler of the multiverses T shirts and logo badge maker and another for pump accessory range, @porl69 a logo maker showing bowlus and basal set up like the scales of justice and the list goes on. Me ? A 3d kite printer, 'nuff said.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here in the Antipodes we worry that the boat from Europe carrying insulin supplies might be waylaid. Or refrigeration fail etc. Any disaster scenario is possible

All I can offer in response to this fear is this song.

Those ships from Europe have been arriving with their cargoes for hundreds of years, not always successfully admittedly, but.........I just love Andy Irvine, really.

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I believe it is alright to talk to oneself but to to answer oneself back is a worry. Then again I fit onto that category so you will need to consider that my answers may be being answered by my doppelganger !!
Here in the Antipodes we worry that the boat from Europe carrying insulin supplies might be waylaid. Or refrigeration fail etc. Any disaster scenario is possible. In the end local production is probably the answer but is there the demand to do this in each country? Maybe as the technology becomes more streamlined this might be possible - yes a 3 D insulin printer in every insulin-requiring diabetic's household. And others to print the fglucose meter, strips, pen or pump and consumables. And of course to keep priorities in order @Knikki would have a 3d printer for cakes, @Mel dCP a zero carb food printer , a Ruler of the multiverses T shirts and logo badge maker and another for pump accessory range, @porl69 a logo maker showing bowlus and basal set up like the scales of justice and the list goes on. Me ? A 3d kite printer, 'nuff said.

http://imgur.com/m9hNYUC.jpg

I think this is what happens when hypo-printing occurs!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mornin’ everyone. Why is the summer the time when my part time Work peaks?
I’m looking enviously at your little peaks readings @Knikki after my own wonderful high plateau as I whiled away the afternoon ambling slowly towards the Dartford Bridge, along the M11, gently dawdled towards the A14 etc etc - it should have taken two and a half hours less to make the journey!
Q: how do you stop and test every two hours if the hard shoulder’s closed and the queue’s already got a fair number of frustrated steering wheel thumpers in it!
Ah well.
The scenery was sometimes lovely.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Mornin’ everyone. Why is the summer the time when my part time Work peaks?
I’m looking enviously at your little peaks readings @Knikki after my own wonderful high plateau as I whiled away the afternoon ambling slowly towards the Dartford Bridge, along the M11, gently dawdled towards the A14 etc etc - it should have taken two and a half hours less to make the journey!
Q: how do you stop and test every two hours if the hard shoulder’s closed and the queue’s already got a fair number of frustrated steering wheel thumpers in it!
Ah well.
The scenery was sometimes lovely.
? CGM connected to a screen on your dashboard ??

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
? CGM connected to a screen on your dashboard ??

Ah, now there’s a thought: however, it’s bad enough glancing at it to see if I’ve enough leccy left to go through built up areas without emissions.
I’d love a heads up version, on the windscreen, like pilots have for instruments, but only there when button pushed on steering wheel otherwise I’d be watching that and not the road!

K

Knikki

Morning all!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Ain't T1D great?

So after yesterdays Alps drawing on the Etch A Sketch I went to the gym and also had a Pizza :eek::eek:

Yes I know what your thinking "You did what? you not see your libre all over the place are you mad??"

Well, it was all in the green last night a total SIG, no highs no hypos :smug: :p woke at a 5.9 and running at 6.9 at the moment.

Coffee me thinks :angelic:

@kitedoc 3D printer for cake? that is for edible cake ain't it? ~goes off to hunt round Google and Amazon~

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Several hours later from my 6.8 start and with no Bolus (round of applause) I'm sat at 6.2.
My dilemma is I'm hungry but at 6.2 I'm happy.
Shall I or shan't I.
I'm in work so can't rustle up bacon and eggs.
I have a banana apple biscuits and crisps to choose from.............or of course nothing and just be contended in the knowledge my levels are ok??

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Knikki it worked for pizza? WOOHOO winner :)

24 hours went for a burden last night after tea. Totally messed it up!! Was 11.4 an hour after tea so a correction dose, checked 30 mins later and was on 15 so a BIG correction dose.....30 mins later 14....went to bed 10.8 with a downward trend and thought that would be ok....woke up 13.8 DEAD straight line as soon as i got into bed (just the jump from 10.8 to 13.8). So will start again now as am on 7.6 with a straight line again.....
Several hours later from my 6.8 start and with no Bolus (round of applause) I'm sat at 6.2.
Shall I or shan't I.
I have a banana apple biscuits and crisps to choose from.............or of course nothing and just be contended in the knowledge my levels are ok??
Defo the bag of crisps :) 13g of carbs??

K

Knikki

Shall I or shan't I.

Well guess I am the wrong person to ask but I would eat something :) yep they all contain some carb/sugar combo of some sort form some where, but I would watch my Etch A Sketch and maybe correct if the old arrows start doing a Rocket Man :)

K

Knikki

@Knikki it worked for pizza? WOOHOO winner :)

Yeah bit of a gamble as I went to the gym came home stuck pizza in and was 2.6 :bored:. Pizza was 110 carb :woot: so split dose and did 5.

When it was time for the beauty sleep I was at 4.3 in went the rest so another 5 plus Lantus at 11 and two Jaffa Cakes and in the greens all night :happy:

The little mail chat we had certainly helped.

Cheers :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Yeah bit of a gamble as I went to the gym came home stuck pizza in and was 2.6 :bored:. Pizza was 110 carb :woot: so split dose and did 5.

When it was time for the beauty sleep I was at 4.3 in went the rest so another 5 plus Lantus at 11 and two Jaffa Cakes and in the greens all night :happy:

The little mail chat we had certainly helped.

Cheers :)
So much easier to handle exercise with the pump I find. But thank heavens for Jaffa cake !!