ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Disturbed sleep last night and night before. I think I'm going to sleep in this chair. I'm ready to go back to sleep. Yawn !!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Disturbed sleep last night and night before. I think I'm going to sleep in this chair. I'm ready to go back to sleep. Yawn !!
You weren't the only one who couldn't sleep. Ron was up too. He came to bed at 11,few hours later he got up then back to bed then up again. High bgs because of it .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You weren't the only one who couldn't sleep. Ron was up too. He came to bed at 11,few hours later he got up then back to bed then up again. High bgs because of it .
I had cottage cheese and ham before bed. Woke on 6.4 even thou 8s through night. My basal insulin may be the support thou.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I had cottage cheese and ham before bed. Woke on 6.4 even thou 8s through night. My basal insulin may be the support thou.
Yesterday Ron's was 6.1lowest it's been in ages . Today 11.which has become the norm since being put on beta and calcium blockers last year .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yesterday Ron's was 6.1lowest it's been in ages . Today 11.which has become the norm since being put on beta and calcium blockers last year .
Do the blockers affect our bgs? They slow my metabolism so I guess they must.
I've been late in taking my blockers in past and I started with palpatations and chest pains. I cannot stop mine yet.
I took them as instructed before precedure on Wednesday but struggled with low blood pressure before it corrected, then oked to be discharged. Phew!
Told to rest, nothing else... at home.
It was difficult and I was exhausted so I ended up in bed, sleeping meds off. Mr was keep checking on me, apparently (as instructed).

Solid sleep last night til 0545 this morning. I'm back to town to finish off football boots shopping. Yesterday was exhausting for Mr to look after kids so much on his own, this week. On top of 6wk caring and refereeing. I was exhausted by being sent on wild goose chase due to his anxiety and my tiredness not to question more. Chased paperwork that wasn't so urgent afterall. Humf.
I think Mr is starting to fret about my op. Once kids back to school I will talk him down. We'll get some adult time. Words not for kids to hear about my op.
Kids have hogged every minute because older one refused to go out incase he misses anything. I reassure him but he prefers winning on his Playstation by rallying his friends to protect him from losing and he protects them. Not the same on a bike to the park.
Little one has tormented us all. Ha ha he's a g#t!!!
I love seeing little one so active, like older boy was. This boy will never sit down. School have their hands full. As do we. He still cannot read. Gulp!!!
Once I'm more energetic I will fight for more sit down time with him but currently it's just totally exhausting.
Sitting here typing.... in peace!!!! Shh+hh! Ha ha
Heaven.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've slept for 9hrs. Me! I'm in shock. I remember Mr ickihun coming to bed. He makes sure everyone can hear him. I'm still trying to talk him into a hearing test. One day I may succeed.
9 hrs but woke bursting for loo. I think otherwise I would have been there even longer.
Older boy starts senior school today so I've agreed to walk with him to the bus stop in an hours time.
Soooo I'm off to take tablets, injections, be the alarm clock and have a wash, then dress.
Then help son look his best. :)

Reactions: PatsyB

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
awoke at 3.30 thought it was 4.30 so got up went to loo washed hands and face cleaned teeth then went back into bedroom and looked at clock it said 3.50 so checked sugar level and was 4.2..had a b lue riband that I keep by the bed and went back to sleep. awoke at 6.30 and level 10.1 woops

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
awoke at 3.30 thought it was 4.30 so got up went to loo washed hands and face cleaned teeth then went back into bedroom and looked at clock it said 3.50 so checked sugar level and was 4.2..had a b lue riband that I keep by the bed and went back to sleep. awoke at 6.30 and level 10.1 woops
Oh. Your liver hadn't kicked in by 03.50, it seems.
I used to do shift work so my liver dumping was in its element.
Even now when little one wees bed I'm up then back in bed.
Hope you have settled in new home ok?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Awake again.

Had a high bg about 6pm so went to bed to get it sorted.

Woke just after 1am so I'm just warming up now (03.12), as woke freezing cold.
Thought I'd post then go back to bed.

Hoping everyone is tucked up in bed cosy.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Oh. Your liver hadn't kicked in by 03.50, it seems.
I used to do shift work so my liver dumping was in its element.
Even now when little one wees bed I'm up then back in bed.
Hope you have settled in new home ok?
yes thank you, is weird how I wake at 3am and then takes ages to get back to sleep I think maybe things play on your mind and you tend to work them out or try to he he glad I fell back to sleep though as feel tired out this morning

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Woken in agony. My back and shooting pains down my legs. I forgot to take painkillers before bed but realised once I crawled into bed. But was too tired to get back up. If only I could leave tablets near my bed. Nope. This autistic little one is like a toddler, into everything. Observes everything too. He pays a game where a Halloween charater jumps out on you. He absolutely loves it. Very good at it too. I would normally take t off him but we talked about it and he sees it as just hide-boo. Kids!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
don't you just hate it when you are awake in the night and can not get back to sleep, I am or used to be a good sleeper so the first thing I do when I wake in the night is test my b-g-l as it is usually when it drops that wakes me up

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
don't you just hate it when you are awake in the night and can not get back to sleep, I am or used to be a good sleeper so the first thing I do when I wake in the night is test my b-g-l as it is usually when it drops that wakes me up
A rough night for me again. I went to bed on a 5.5 at 10pm but awoke to a 7.6 at 03.30am. But at least solid sleep til I awoke.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Have you tried a liver block? A fatty protein before bed. Nuts or little squares of cheese or similiar.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
awake at 3 am last night I never know what wakes me up but managed to go back to sleep after about an hour :D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Back on lansoprozol and mebeverine.... and inhalers.
Tight chest, even now.
I'm convinced iron levels related. I'm taking multivitamins with iron thou so it shouldn't be.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Back on lansoprozol and mebeverine.... and inhalers.
Tight chest, even now.
I'm convinced iron levels related. I'm taking multivitamins with iron thou so it shouldn't be.
I've been tweeting Ron's current meds and he seems alot better . Since last Saturday there's been a big improvement.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Nite nite xxx I'm cross eye'rd. I'll try and do a catch up Pm tomorrow hun. Inbetween kids appointments. :)

Reactions: PatsyB

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
was tired last eve went to sleep @ 9:30 but woke at 1:30 watched a little tv then went back to sleep, can not complain though as slept all nigth the night before :D