climbing back on the wagon

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
its a bit difficult tonight, so i may have another cup of bovril and go to bed.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It may be too late (you may already have drunk your Bovril :) ) but try a splash of cream in your bovril. It gives it a lot more oomph.

Well done Lucy. You have had a hard few days. I hope you are celebrating having made it so far :D and I hope you have a lovely peaceful weekend.

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people
lucylocket61. I too have fallen off the wagon today, my birthday, and once I started I couldn't stop. I am panicking now that I'm not going to get back into ketosis and all the past two months has been for nothing. I hope we both have the strength to get back on track. Good luck.

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
lucylocket61. I too have fallen off the wagon today, my birthday, and once I started I couldn't stop. I am panicking now that I'm not going to get back into ketosis and all the past two months has been for nothing. I hope we both have the strength to get back on track. Good luck.

The great thing about the wagon is you can climb back on! I have fallen off so many times but this time does feel different, don't beat yourself up, forgive yourself and then climb back on with me....you can do this, there are many here who will support and encourage you. I am in your corner

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people
The great thing about the wagon is you can climb back on! I have fallen off so many times but this time does feel different, don't beat yourself up, forgive yourself and then climb back on with me....you can do this, there are many here who will support and encourage you. I am in your corner
Thank you Mufflana. Climbing back on right now. Just gotta watch out giving myself too much insulin now. Thank you for the support.

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Mufflana. Climbing back on right now. Just gotta watch out giving myself too much insulin now. Thank you for the support.
You are welcome!....we all need support at times. Just take it slow and together we can do this

rolypolypudding

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
about 4 days ago i fell off the wagon rather a lot, with a recurrence of my eating disorder big time. I have now stopped myself again, and recognised the trigger.

But I know I have 3 days or so ahead of me to come down from my high blood sugar levels and overcome the carb cravings.

so I am going to us this thread to whinge, moan and generally talk myself through this.

onwards and upwards.

any advice on dealing with the cravings welcome.
I also have binge eating disorder, and know only too well the struggles that you are having. However you should pat yourself on the back because at least you had a wagon to fall off,whereas I've yet to get on it,lol!
You might want to try cognitive behavioural therapy to deal with the eating disorder. It has worked for some people,though it is not a magic wand, you have to continue working on the exercises after the therapy has finished, especially when you feel a binge coming on. There's also plenty of dietary advice on this website.
I have signed up with my local health trainer to get some one-to-one support. It's worth checking with your GP as there may be such a service in the area where you live.
My progress has been hampered by my reluctance to accept that I will have to make changes to my diet, but I'm tackling it bit by bit e.g. finding and trying replacements for carb.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have binge eating disorder, and know only too well the struggles that you are having. However you should pat yourself on the back because at least you had a wagon to fall off,whereas I've yet to get on it,lol!
You might want to try cognitive behavioural therapy to deal with the eating disorder. It has worked for some people,though it is not a magic wand, you have to continue working on the exercises after the therapy has finished, especially when you feel a binge coming on. There's also plenty of dietary advice on this website.
I have signed up with my local health trainer to get some one-to-one support. It's worth checking with your GP as there may be such a service in the area where you live.
My progress has been hampered by my reluctance to accept that I will have to make changes to my diet, but I'm tackling it bit by bit e.g. finding and trying replacements for carb.
thank you. I have had therapy, I just still fall off the wagon sometimes. I am getting better at knowing my triggers and preparing for them.

Reactions: mondFi

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thank you. I have had therapy, I just still fall off the wagon sometimes. I am getting better at knowing my triggers and preparing for them.
My most powerful urge to eat carbs comes when I see an "unfairly" high reading on my meter. I imagine the glorious comfort of eating a whole bar of milk chocolate. And at the same time the rebellious teenager in me is saying, "Look what you made me do!!! It's all your fault." I haven't actually done it yet, but maybe even the fantasy and desire is strong enough to raise my bg?

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
My most powerful urge to eat carbs comes when I see an "unfairly" high reading on my meter. I imagine the glorious comfort of eating a whole bar of milk chocolate. And at the same time the rebellious teenager in me is saying, "Look what you made me do!!! It's all your fault." I haven't actually done it yet, but maybe even the fantasy and desire is strong enough to raise my bg?
I swear i could've wrote this