What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today.
Last night a GP friend of mine introduced me to her friend who organised the recent PHC conference which was covered in the Daily Express yesterday with great coverage for LCHF, Aseem Malhotra and an editorial comment from Dr David Unwin.
I’ve put her in touch with @Debandez so maybe some of the Birmingham magic dust can be shared with them also. Maybe every batch of T2s thinks this at some point but I genuinely feel that change is coming: that a breakthrough in public and institutional consciousness maybe in sight.
Meanwhile back to the day job.
I think you might be right :) it's been a long time coming. Fingers and everything else crossed! Happy to share anything with anyone if it helps the cause.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with your procedure @alf_Josiah. Hope Mrs alf fusses over you.
5.6 for me today. Anything in the 5s acceptable especially if I have a run of them but there really isnt much logic as to why.
@Ziggy2017 hope you start to feel better.
Have a great day everyone.
Pleased for you re numbers @PenguinMum. Have to part company on the no logic issue - pretty certain there is but that is one of Rumsfeld's known unknowns:banghead: (goes back to Drs never admitting they don't know).

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a difficult time getting enough blood out for a reading for this morning (didn't go to washroom during night and therefore drink water), I had to try several times. First reading was erroneous - 1.7! (I'm Type 2 and have never gotten a reading this low - never gotten a real hypo before.) Retested and got 5.2.

Last edited:

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would suggest you do what I did and go to your Doctors and get them to do a fbg and test your meters at the same time.
Thank you.
I hope I can get somebody to listen to me.
The Practice's DN is one pompous so and so, who decreed after a 5minute rant, that because my BG is 'normal' I should not test.
I have decided we shall not cross paths henceforth.
I will stick to the main Dr there at the practice, who gets me on my 'control diabetes without medication' level

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Thank you.
I hope I can get somebody to listen to me.
The Practice's DN is one pompous so and so, who decreed after a 5minute rant, that because my BG is 'normal' I should not test.
I have decided we shall not cross paths henceforth.
I will stick to the main Dr there at the practice, who gets me on my 'control diabetes without medication' level
its sad and bad that the medical system is so messed up. The power ratio from medical practitioner to patient is so much in favour of the medical professional . It shouldn't be like this. ......

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
9.1 fbs is high. So why are you pleased with it? I would try to lower it if I were you. Anything above 7.0 is considered high for me.

Hmmm. We are all different and have different medical issues and are on all different types of medication. Some of us are type 1 and some type 2, each has it's own issues.
Please check out my profile and with the medication I take the serious medics know to achieve anything below 10 first thing in the morning is a success.
I am sure @Cumberland knows his condition ( s ) and knows what he is doing.

This forum has taught me not to judge any other member based on our own experiences and conditions.

Good luck on your quest for acceptable numbers for you.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
its sad and bad that the medical system is so messed up. The power ratio from medical practitioner to patient is so much in favour of the medical professional . It shouldn't be like this. ......
I now believe the medical profession, especially those that deal with chronic diseases like diabetes, have lost credibility.
I shudder to think about what other health conditions, we are being mislead about.
Stuff like Cancer, Multiple sclerosis etc, who knows how current orthodoxy could be contributing to the problem, instead of helping.
I used to believe Drs were right on all things to do with health, at all times.
Now I struggle to not see them as mostly clueless.
Another group I cast a sceptical eye on, are research scientists....Yep!! the same ones who for years, led the world to believe that Insulin is great for type11 diabetics.
When as it turns out, the stuff is actually what worsens the condition, and drives most of pathology associated with the condition.
Thank God for information technology...Its so hard to hide the truth these days.
This the age of empowerment.