What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.4 today. Spitting rain here, long walk on the cards for me.
Happy holiday @shelley262, sleep when you get there I guess.
Keepin an eye on the weather myself, with a view to spending a few days on the coast, if it worked out.
Hope everyone is well, have a good Saturday.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Pleased with that although not sure if it was because I exercised before bed or because of the extra glass of red wine. I’ll repeat the exercise tonight but not the wine.

@shelley262 how exiting, have a wonderful holiday. Are you taking your glucose monitor?
Hi @DJC3 decided to take it with me and will test at times. The hotel we are staying in is a small one on the beach and does a Greek meal every day as part of the board deal so hoping that will suit me bg wise! Think they have some alternative choices but will be interesting I’m going to go with the flow as much as possible but will check collateral damage! You make dinner choices at breakfast so think may have to find Greek words for diabetic and carbohydrates before I go! Having said this - one week of a few highs isn’t going to be a problem and may be balanced out by lower stress levels - will let you know!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.4 today. Spitting rain here, long walk on the cards for me.
Happy holiday @shelley262, sleep when you get there I guess.
Keepin an eye on the weather myself, with a view to spending a few days on the coast, if it worked out.
Hope everyone is well, have a good Saturday.
Hope weather behaves and you get away. It’s very good for us. Hoping to get a few hours sleep before go and then sure will make it up over a relaxing holiday - books packed but also planning Long Island walks and long swims too all my favourite things. Will just do my best over the food but looking forward to the break from the regular stuff!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A disappointing 7.0 this morning though I succombed to crisps last night. I’m also packing today. Am off to Spain tomorrow for 5 days R&R with my brother and SIL. I am baking linseed rolls today to take with me for breakfast and have been promised fresh fish for dinner every night! Cant wait. Will try and recreate serrano ham and manchego rolls for lunch.
@shelley262 have a great time in Greece and hope the menu is helpful. I am bringing my meter with me too to keep me in line. Safe journey.
Have a great Saturday everyone.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A disappointing 7.0 this morning though I succombed to crisps last night. I’m also packing today. Am off to Spain tomorrow for 5 days R&R with my brother and SIL. I am baking linseed rolls today to take with me for breakfast and have been promised fresh fish for dinner every night! Cant wait. Will try and recreate serrano ham and manchego rolls for lunch.
@shelley262 have a great time in Greece and hope the menu is helpful. I am bringing my meter with me too to keep me in line. Safe journey.
Have a great Saturday everyone.
Enjoy your well earnt rest in Spain sounds ideal as you’ve had some influence on menu I love fish especially when staying near the sea. Hope it’s brilliant and safe journey to you too

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @shelley262 I am sure you will have good fish options too and lovely veg and salads. Enjoy every minute.
@PenguinMum and @shelley262 plus anyone else who is off or about to go on holiday hope you all have a great time. Am I the only person who is genuinely mystified by the need or allure of the whole holiday thing - it worries me and causes much friction chez moi. Mrs P seems to feel I should want to take holidays.