What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Emma the odd 'diversion' doesn't do any harm...sharing food is such a social event...did similar myself & while my numbers are slightly higher than usual...we had such a good evening it was worth every extra mmol...a 5.7 definitely a win;)
Yes you’re right. It’s my first ‘treat’ since diagnosis and had somewhat mixed feelings afterwards of oh god what have I done, what if my Bg goes way up. But I’ve realised that one offs aren’t the end of the world. Life still has to be enjoyable and social events are actually few and far between so know it’s about being balanced overall and not focusing on one meal :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Hold on to your hat....4.9 at 0800. Did it again 5.1. Why? Had cod loin and green salad for supper followed by small pack of salted almonds. But usually eat protein and tenderstem brocolli so is it really that different. In any case it will be a rarity. Bamboozled!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Hold on to your hat....4.9 at 0800. Did it again 5.1. Why? Had cod loin and green salad for supper followed by small pack of salted almonds. But usually eat protein and tenderstem brocolli so is it really that different. In any case it will be a rarity. Bamboozled!
Ah, the old nolens volens routine (ask @DJC3 ) Forget bamboozled, just take care and try to avoid being boozled - the bam is very important:angelic:

Reactions: Cumberland and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes you’re right. It’s my first ‘treat’ since diagnosis and had somewhat mixed feelings afterwards of oh god what have I done, what if my Bg goes way up. But I’ve realised that one offs aren’t the end of the world. Life still has to be enjoyable and social events are actually few and far between so know it’s about being balanced overall and not focusing on one meal :)
Absolutely Emma

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

it chucked it down all day yesterday so I only had a short walk but I hope for better today :)
off to make a sponge pudding with apple for mr gee and his mum, chocolate sponge (LC) for me with full fat greek yoghurt ;)

Hope your weekend is treating you well :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
@alf_Josiah It's funny that all schools for generations have taught that the earth is flat. When I was at school the maths teacher was adamant that the sum of the internal angles of a triangle is 180 degrees hence the Earth must be flat, as that only holds true on a plane surface.

My BG was 4.8 this morning. leaving me feeing a little flat.

Ah planar geometry, sounds flash if only I knew what it meant, shhh but don't mention pie on this forum, all we'll get if you do is " reoccurring" recipies. hehehehe
Your teacher must have had a good sense of humour. My teachers taught useful subjects like safe cracking, house breaking and robbery.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
To everyone who wished me well grateful thanks

I’ve had 2 hypos again this morning

Fasting 3.9 treated
Then 3.4 treated again

Currently at 5.7 so that’s better

Now it’s raining here so I hope wherever you’re all from that it’s better

Have a good afternoon and evening

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Howdi
I was late testing this morning as I was rushing about getting my boys to Junior Park Run. It was a debut run for my 5 year old, and another top 10 finish for the older one - he's a good athlete. He was wet through by the finish but really enjoyed it. My first test was therefore post-prandial with 2 scrambled eggs contributing to the mix. So 6.5 was not too shabby and has left me wondering if I missed out on an elusive score in the fives.
Might have a jog myself in a bit if it ever stops raining.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.7 today

it chucked it down all day yesterday so I only had a short walk but I hope for better today :)
off to make a sponge pudding with apple for mr gee and his mum, chocolate sponge (LC) for me with full fat greek yoghurt ;)

Hope your weekend is treating you well :)
Just about to take Harry for a walk even though it's peeing down here...made some sugar free jellies & on the way home buying some full fat extra thick cream...may do the low carb chocolate cake for tomorrow (with full fat cream)...could just eat one of those now.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To everyone who wished me well grateful thanks

I’ve had 2 hypos again this morning

Fasting 3.9 treated
Then 3.4 treated again

Currently at 5.7 so that’s better

Now it’s raining here so I hope wherever you’re all from that it’s better

Have a good afternoon and evening
Peeing down here Cumberland...off out for a walk soon...those hypos sound bloody awful...relieved you're back up to an acceptable level...as @PenguinMum says be kind to yourself this afternoon.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning.

Tried making a bitter gourd dish - karela ( last night to go along with dinner as it is supposed to help lower blood glucose). https://www.diabetes.co.uk/natural-therapies/bitter-melon.html

My Indian son-in-law told me that it was authentic (I always run my Indian cooking past him - he & daughter live in our basement apt.). I used onion, garam masala, Kashmiri chili, mustard seed and a little bit of tamarind.) Recipe called for jaggery (palm sugar, left it out and substituted small amount of stevia.) I also salted the gourd before squeezing out the juice (to make it less bitter). . My son-in-law told me "I don't usually care for bitter gourd, it's bitter so I only eat a little with rice to reduce the bitterness". (No, can't do that on low carb) . My daughter and husband also found it quite bitter. I hate to think how bitter it would be if I hadn't squeezed out the juice. Still have a bit in the fridge (guess I'll be the only eating it.). It's effect on blood glucose seems minimal to me but at least I've tried a new vegetable now.