What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning all. 5.8 today. Nice looking day ahead, will do my walk first thing.
@HarrisonK hoping your cyst is nothing and dealt with qiuckly.
@Ziggy2017 hope your inhaler works as expected and you get some relief.
@Chronicle_Cat, sympathies for what you and your mother are going through, I hope things improve.
I hope everyone else is well. Hope you BG has rhyme and reason. Have a great Wednesday.
Thanks @Canvaspic unfortunately I still feel rubbish but hopefully next week I will feel a bit better

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm waiting for the secretary to call me back. The doc had marked it urgent so I guess it will be soon.
They have to be quick Harrison...you'll be on a pathway which means you'll need to be seen & diagnosed within 6 weeks...usually the first appointment is within 2 weeks...I can empathise entirely... the waiting is such an anxious time however much reassurance we receive... mercifully it is a much shorter time period nowadays...fingers crossed for a positive outcome

Reactions: Prem51

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 0800 maybe due to Oppo ice cream for pud yesterday, maybe not. Anyway its all gone till next summer. My biggest trial at the mo is a very large navel orange in the fruit bowl smiling at me.
@Ziggy2017 glad your scans went well and hope the new inhaler helps.
@ianpspurs hope you schedule in a power nap this afternoon.
Everyone have a great day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They have to be quick Harrison...you'll be on a pathway which means you'll need to be seen & diagnosed within 6 weeks...usually the first appointment is within 2 weeks...I can empathise entirely... the waiting is such an anxious time however much reassurance we receive... mercifully it is a much shorter time period nowadays...fingers crossed for a positive outcome

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure how the first part would pan out.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that, I wasn't sure how the first part would pan out.
It's quite bizarre how we are told so little initially Harrison...a biopsy is normally dealt with on a pathway...we should be seen in 2 weeks...have whatever procedure necessary ASAP...then the results all within the six week limit...I think sometimes the urgency of the situation without a full explanation of how the system works causes more anxiety ..understandably.

Reactions: Freema

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. I'm on 6.1 this morning . Im putting that down to the ribs and small bottle of zinfendale obtained from Tescos opposite Liverpool st station while waiting for my train home last night. The rest of the days consumption consisted of an omelette for breakfast , 200 grams of walnuts for lunch , numerous coffees , 2 litres water , and a night cap brandy. Activity as measured by my Fitbit was 9,900 steps ( around 4.5 miles).... Unless of course its London air which is so heavily polluted it does the job. ....Hay -ho ...On with the day...Hope its a good one for you all...

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's quite bizarre how we are told so little initially Harrison...a biopsy is normally dealt with on a pathway...we should be seen in 2 weeks...have whatever procedure necessary ASAP...then the results all within the six week limit...I think sometimes the urgency of the situation without a full explanation of how the system works causes more anxiety ..understandably.
The medical system seems content to share only certain information at certain times. I am surrounded by family who are in some way connected to the medical trade and while I love them dearly they have an implicit faith in a system which has blatant gaps in service which are separate from funding.

Reactions: Goacher55

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The medical system seems content to share only certain information at certain times. I am surrounded by family who are in some way connected to the medical trade and while I love them dearly they have an implicit faith in a system which has blatant gaps in service which are separate from funding.
I agree Orson...I have a niece who is now a consultant...her husband is also a consultant...rarely do I discuss my experiences with them...they see things from an entirely different stand point as do most of their colleagues.

Reactions: Goacher55

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I agree Orson...I have a niece who is now a consultant...her husband is also a consultant...rarely do I discuss my experiences with them...they see things from an entirely different stand point as do most of their colleagues.
Yep ...I know that feeling.... self empowerment has never been part of the medical model

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who trying to solve the world's most pressing problems ie who's going to make my koffy.

Today a 6.2 leapt out of the meter at me saying " Surprise "

Well folks today I am under heavy supervision until lunchtime, somebody does not trust me and the other me's to behave, can't understand why.......
Have a good one folks.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep ...I know that feeling.... self empowerment has never been part of the medical model
I'd go even further Orson...yesterday my local independent chemist was off limits...so I had to use one of the chains...in Boots in front of a large queue the pharmacist though nothing of administering a dose of methadone to one person queuing in front of us all...then demanding to know when my last blood test was...what the results were...when I last attended clinic...what were my INR levels...lastly what my daily dose of Warfarin was..again.in front of the large queue...I was furious...no attempt at privacy for any there...if there had been I would have told her that was none of her concern...all she needs to ask is do I have regular blood tests.

Reactions: Cumberland

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'd go even further Orson...yesterday my local independent chemist was off limits...so I had to use one of the chains...in Boots in front of a large queue the pharmacist though nothing of administering a dose of methadone to one person queuing in front of us all...then demanding to know when my last blood test was...what the results were...when I last attended clinic...what were my INR levels...lastly what my daily dose of Warfarin was..again.in front of the large queue...I was furious...no attempt at privacy for any there...if there had been I would have told her that was none of her concern...all she needs to ask is do I have regular blood tests.
*expletive* *expletive* so sorry you had to go through that . It just isnt right!