What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have lost the plot, ps I hope you find it soon.

A gentle 7.3 greeted me this morning, I am beginning to thing , a first for me , that quantity might have an effect as well as quality.

Well folks today I could be painting tank wheels, I wonder what you folks will be doing that's out of the ordinary. Whatever it is have a good one.

Ps while I shall be painting my minds will be pondering the problems of quantum gravity, I seem to stuck on the event horizon.

I’m having the same thoughts. Indulged myself last night with ‘allowed’ foods (nuts, cheese, pork scratchings, 90% dark chocolate). I think that might be behind my 8.3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, good news and not-so-good news I guess.

Doc gave me my latest HbAc1 results.... 34, that's eight months from diagnosis :)

The lump, might be a subcutaneous cyst but I'm being sent for cancer screening. Important to note that men can get breast cancer too.

At least the universe is diverse in its choices to bump me off ;):)

Congrats on your HbA1c. This is a fantastic result .

Still keeping my fingers crossed that the screening will return an all clear. When will you have your screening?

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thanks everyone. I hope tomorrow is better. The nurse will be talking to my sister shortly and I have a call into the doctor who will get back to me on Thurs. My sister didn't have to field calls from my mom where my mom was crying because the pain was so bad (she was out of the country). With the level of pain my mom was experiencing, she wasn't going to meals, she wasn't sleeping (very bad for her Alzheimer's) , she wasn't leaving her room, she wasn't going to exercise class or doing any activities. We are between a rock a hard place with all my mom's issues - Alzheimer's, chronic pain and irritable bowel syndrome. I know my sister wants what's best for my mom but she is trivializing the amount of pain 5 spinal fractures can cause. It's hard watching my mom decline and her Alzheimer's progress but letting her suffer in pain isn't going to make her Alzheimer's any better.

Bless you and bless your mother

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Doc gave me my latest HbAc1 results.... 34, that's eight months from diagnosis :)

The lump, might be a subcutaneous cyst but I'm being sent for cancer screening. Important to note that men can get breast cancer too.

Well done for your HbA1c that’s a terrific result

Yes men do get breast cancer it’s rare but does happen

I hope upon investigation that there is nothing sinister found

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@HarrisonK that is an amazing hba1c result - huge congratulations. Hopefully the other issue will prove to be the doctor being ultra cautious

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK that is an amazing hba1c result - huge congratulations.

I should quickly take the time to thank you and everyone else who has so supportive, even during the past few weeks of my whining that my Bg's were high ;)

This site and the people on it are as responsible for this success as I am.

Thank you all :)

(I'm practising for the Oscars)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I should quickly take the time to thank you and everyone else who has so supportive, even during the past few weeks of my whining that my Bg's were high ;)

This site and the people on it are as responsible for this success as I am.

Thank you all :)

(I'm practising for the Oscars)
Well done on your hbaca1 brilliant work. Just wishing you luck with your screening. Hope it happens quickly sonot too long to worry. Meanwhile celebrate the hbaca1

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Have decided that fasting definitely isn't for me. Had a busy day yesterday and had my first meal of the day around 11 p.m.(other than espresso with cream in the morning) -- blood sugars were a bit higher than normally and definitely wonky.

@Chronicle_Cat -- Hugs! Definitely a challenging situation, which puts a lot of stress on you. Went through something similar with my father, but not even close to what you are dealing with.
@HarrisonK -- Good luck today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out to be nothing.
@SaskiaKC -- Good luck on your HbA1c test tomorrow.
Agree on fasting for me too. I seem to get a more level result by just fasting for a max of 16 hours ( ie long overnight) and then 3 regular small meals no snacks. Mind you if you are so busy you can’t eat that could be stress inducing which could also raise the bgs! It’s not easy is it walking the tightrope! I find avoiding highs and lows and trying to keep it as steady as possible is probably my main aim these days. I’m happiest when operating in range of 4.8 - 5.4 including my 2 hour post prandial.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi all this my blood sugar was 4.9 I went to Freeman’s hospital to get my lungs checked lung function and chest x-ray were fine but I have been given a strong inhaler for my cough and if it dosent clear up in a week my parents have to ring Freeman’s and they will schedule a bronchoscopy my mum wants it done anyway because the last time I was like this the bronchoscopy came back and I had dirty water in my lungs. Also the virus I have is called rhinovirus

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My lowest today has been 3.2 :(! I woke up at 6.30am to a stupid loud motorcycle revving it's engine past my house! At that time! Idiots, I got that low at 8.30am on waking! I put these lows im getting down to significantly increasing my BSL control. My actual non hypo lowest today was 4.2 and my highest has been 5.9. My sugr app predicts a HBA1C of 42 so fingers crossed im in that ball park!