What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 (and others) following on from #defaultgate and my centrist dad standpoint this caught my eye and obviously fell into my confirmation bias elephant trap.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46031332
According to the calculator the average BMI for men in my age group is 28,8 and my waist size is lovable. However, when I input height and weight in cms and kgs my BMI is a whole 1 lower 21,1 v 22.1

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

going to take mum out for lunch today, it's frosty here first thing so I'll be wearing my 'big' coat, (and my woolly tights ;) ).

Hope your day goes well :)
You can wear all the coats and wooly tights ya like, won't disguise the fact you absolutely smash this bg control malarky and do it with the best version of how to eat and live I have seen on here. Legend.

Reactions: DJC3

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Madam's fbg was too disappointing so I'm sulking and not telling. And I still ache and have 74 tulip bulbs still to plant.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Madam's fbg was too disappointing so I'm sulking and not telling. And I still ache and have 74 tulip bulbs still to plant.
Since you are type 1 I sympathise - obviously being a) male and b) a bit dim I can't really understand but have a virtual hug on behalf of the National Village Idiots Union

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning chums

Back to Earth with a bump today.. I had a buggar it day yesterday. Following on from a good hba1c, cholesterol and weight loss.. I had a I’m going to eat everything day.. so 8.2 this morning.. I’ve just caught up on so many posts. In response to IF and OMAD. I find intermittent fasting easy for me to follow and as for OMAD. I did this for around a month. It fit in with my teaching job well but my tea consumption increases so much.. I do find intermittent fasting is much better for me. I usually fast until between 12 and 2 and stop eating around 8. It’s not an exact science but I usually have a 6 hour food window. Yesterday was slightly different as I think I had. 4 hour fasting window and 20 hours of eating. Back to a form of normal today though..

Have a lovely day peeps kim xx

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all fellow citizens of Ankh-Morpork.
If you are not a citizen you can have a good afternoon.

After a bad night I was greeted with 9.9 still below the magic 10 so I'm ok with that.

Well folks I know what today has planned for all of me's hehehehe
I hope your today goes well. Enjoy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a buggar it day yesterday. ...... Back to a form of normal today though..

Have a lovely day peeps kim xx
Yesterday sounds just peachy to me and the sun still rose as per. Read the posts here, normal is always just over the horizon. Up an at 'em tiger:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably. Depends when my meetings end. Hoping for an hour or so of retail therapy. Definitely going to Five Guys for dinner before heading home.

Need to stay away from the chocolate though. Solely a tea sourcing exercise! Do you want some if I find it?

Oh yes please! I only have 3 teabags left. No HC near me sadly. How will I get it from you though? I’m off back to Cornwall on Tues.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6 Wednesday morning. Pretty good after a bowl of oatmeal at bedtime.
And I just learned that black coffee tastes as good as coffee with cream.

I'm going to a Hallowe'en party later today. Hopefully I won't eat anything.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6 Wednesday morning. Pretty good after a bowl of oatmeal at bedtime.
And I just learned that black coffee tastes as good as coffee with cream.

I'm going to a Hallowe'en party later today. Hopefully I won't eat anything.
Oh my. NOTHING tastes as good as coffee with cream except coffee with cream and brandy. Forgiven though - just don't keep making the same mistake:angelic: (Halloween sits very badly with my Baptist Sunday School start in life but then so does brandy in coffee. Fortunately, I am now a confirmed Anglican. The brandy is fine for Anglicans, Halloween not so much. Just shows what a devious, twisted old fella I am:arghh:)

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.3 this morning, despite eating some ginger nuts last night to settle an upset stomach. It's not been quite the same since a rather disastrous go with Victoza a little way back. Otherwise everything is fine here in sunny London. Hope the little mini-ghosts and goblins eat all those Haribo sweets I bought in the supermarket tonight...or I may find myself tempted!