What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1522251680904.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all.

@HarrisonK lets hope that the promising news turns into good news.

Exactly 5.0 today. Higher end of normal for me - restless night. Know I’m always up at silly o’clo I, but there’s something about having a train/plane to catch that persuades my inner clock that it needs to wake me up several hours and several times more than normal.

Off to Birmingham for work today. Hope you all have a good day.
I'm going Brum Brum to Brum tomorrow.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
5.3 today as I’m up earlier than usual so I’ve caught it before the dastardly DP kicks in.

@Goonergal are you going anywhere near the Hotel Chocolat in Brum?

Probably. Depends when my meetings end. Hoping for an hour or so of retail therapy. Definitely going to Five Guys for dinner before heading home.

Need to stay away from the chocolate though. Solely a tea sourcing exercise! Do you want some if I find it?

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Proper journey through the fbg maze this morning. Took me everywhere from 7 to 3.2 before I trusted 3 successive readings of 4.8. I guess it is a good way to dispose of probably dodgy strips. Frosrtymcfrostyface and the finger tingling syncopaters performing live here this morning - just to make sure I understand all the joy in the world went with summer

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...one of those can't be bothered days for me...had an appointment with the anti- coagulation clinic this morning... can't be bothered being prodded & pricked with needles (rearranged it)...had an assignation with paperwork again can't be bothered...having a session with some peace & quiet...more coffee with hot buttered toast in approximately 5 minutes...more my kind of liaison...woke to a 5.6

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. A good reading but is the continued aftermath of 8 chips at the circus - Bg reached 6.4 at highest but is the slowest decline I’ve had as was still 6.0 four hours later. A day of 2 dozen kids and lots of Halloween fun,games and mess (thankfully not in my house) and of course a whole buffet of treats I can’t eat. Going to get me a curry on the go in the slow cooker so I can look forward to something yummy to eat after hopefully refusing all temptation

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. A good reading but is the continued aftermath of 8 chips at the circus - Bg reached 6.4 at highest but is the slowest decline I’ve had as was still 6.0 four hours later. A day of 2 dozen kids and lots of Halloween fun,games and mess (thankfully not in my house) and of course a whole buffet of treats I can’t eat. Going to get me a curry on the go in the slow cooker so I can look forward to something yummy to eat after hopefully refusing all temptation
Hope you have fun @nd manage to navigate your way through all the sugary stuff that seems to mean hallowe’en enjoy great idea to have something waiting for after should help