What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Ziggy2017

happy-anniversary-greeting-card-vector-16646610.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 for me this morning. Didn’t get to post as I was busy loading the car for the long drive to Cornwall.
Arrived safely in spite of torrential rain the last hour.

@Ziggy2017 happy anniversary. I can’t believe you were worried about a flu jab after all you’ve been through - but glad the jab was ok.
@Freema I hopeyou’ve had a wonderful birthday.
@Chronicle_Cat well done! Great results there, and a testament to your dedication.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Congratulations nobody said it's easy. Now stop wimpping about, the flu jab is less painful than the blood tests and you know it. It's also a dead virus. Now I can't stand the eye drops for the eye test....help
No eye drops for me :D and the flu jab was a little stingy but as you said blood tests are worse the eye test was just a thing I had to look into follow a light and then a little flash which made it a bit hard to see as all I could see was pink or blue circles in my eyes

Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tough week for me this week. I've been trying to get both my blood glucose level and weight down. I've been very strict with eating, so I think stress has been responsible. I've also had a bit of achilles tendonitis so I had some rest days or shorter workouts. I've been fasting more frequently than usual to counteract this.

Blood glucose was 4.9 this morning.

I did get a loss on my scale of 2 lbs (.91 kg) for a total of 54.99 lbs (24.94 kg) I'm now within 1.5 lbs of my lowest weight in over 25 years - 218.6 lbs today (24.94 lb). I measured my waist (don't do this weekly) to discover I've lost another 2", total of 7" so far which is good as I really want to reduce my visceral fat in my organs and around the waist.

You are doing so well. You must be delighted. Well done.

Reactions: ziggy_w