What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who still in bed. Lazy gits.....no I am not jealous, no I am not jealous, no I am not etc.
A delicate 9.8 for me this morning, no sympathy required anything below 10 is good for me.
Well folks got to go money shopping and I'm trying to remember where I left my sawn off shot gun and where my confiscated catapult has been hidden.
Not sure which is more harmful a shot gun pellet or a cat fired from a catapult, my money is on the catapult....
You need to be much more careful with your money alf - Mrs alf_j will skin you alive if all yer money goes on a catapult:angelic:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all it’s my lung transplant 6th anniversary today unfortunately I can’t even enjoy it as I have to go get a flu injection and have a diabetic eye test I know it’s really silly but I’m terrified about getting my flu injection so much so I can’t even eat because I feel so sick but anyway I hope everyone has a good day
Happy anniversary

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Been a bit under the weather until this morning. Waiting on an appointment with the cardiomyopathy clinic to try and get my extreme tiredness and breathlessness sorted out. Got carted into hospital in the summer and spent three days in the cardiac care unit. It all seems to be taking such a long time...blah, every little thing just knocks me out. Blood sugar was 8.8 this morning, but I put that down to the heavy cold I have been fighting with! Hope everyone is having a good day, I am off to take Mr P to the doctor's to get his poor leg looked at. It hasnt been the same since he fell last week.

Reactions: trick60 and Freema

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been a bit under the weather until this morning. Waiting on an appointment with the cardiomyopathy clinic to try and get my extreme tiredness and breathlessness sorted out. Got carted into hospital in the summer and spent three days in the cardiac care unit. It all seems to be taking such a long time...blah, every little thing just knocks me out. Blood sugar was 8.8 this morning, but I put that down to the heavy cold I have been fighting with! Hope everyone is having a good day, I am off to take Mr P to the doctor's to get his poor leg looked at. It hasnt been the same since he fell last week.
Do take care, sounds like you have been having a horrible time. Hope no serious injury to Mr P’s leg. Sending you best wishes.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all it’s my lung transplant 6th anniversary today unfortunately I can’t even enjoy it as I have to go get a flu injection and have a diabetic eye test I know it’s really silly but I’m terrified about getting my flu injection so much so I can’t even eat because I feel so sick but anyway I hope everyone has a good day

Oh dear the flu jab didn’t hurt much when I had it a week ago️ happy aniversary dear Ziggy

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for all your kind regards today
a6c63866-a4a9-4ff8-b9f2-5572bebbbc0c.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like my body is finally recovering from the hen party weekend and all the prosecco! Bloods back to normal. Even after late night choc and creamy coffee.

We had a lovely bonfire night but today I've been blue lighted in to care for my grandaughter who is smothering with a cold. Beats painting and decorating any day :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Take care both.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds as though you have been specially selected for everything that can be thrown at your family. Really hope things soon turn around for you both.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tough week for me this week. I've been trying to get both my blood glucose level and weight down. I've been very strict with eating, so I think stress has been responsible. I've also had a bit of achilles tendonitis so I had some rest days or shorter workouts. I've been fasting more frequently than usual to counteract this.

Blood glucose was 4.9 this morning.

I did get a loss on my scale of 2 lbs (.91 kg) for a total of 54.99 lbs (24.94 kg) I'm now within 1.5 lbs of my lowest weight in over 25 years - 218.6 lbs today (24.94 lb). I measured my waist (don't do this weekly) to discover I've lost another 2", total of 7" so far which is good as I really want to reduce my visceral fat in my organs and around the waist.

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Glad to say I’ve had my flu jab glad it’s over stung a little bit but nothing unbearable feeling quite sleepy now not sure wether it’s due to the flu jab or the fact I got myself so worked up I tried all day to tell myself it was nothing but when that anxiety kicks in it’s hard to get rid of my lovely friends from Australia sent me a Tree of life necklace for my transplant anniversary really lovely necklace

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 dont understand why it is this High , but tomorrow might be worse my family are comming for dinner at my birthday party today , we are having some treats though mostly of the healtier kind
have a very happy birthday freema :happy:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad to say I’ve had my flu jab glad it’s over stung a little bit but nothing unbearable feeling quite sleepy now not sure wether it’s due to the flu jab or the fact I got myself so worked up I tried all day to tell myself it was nothing but when that anxiety kicks in it’s hard to get rid of my lovely friends from Australia sent me a Tree of life necklace for my transplant anniversary really lovely necklace
happy anniversary ziggy2017 :happy:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Congratulations! Hopefully the sleepiness is just reaction from relief after being worked up over the flu jab. I know it would be with me.

Happy Anniversary!