How to get the best result in tests HBa1c ?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Through this drawing that I designed according to my information
Many questions remains how I can get the best result as soon as possible in HBa1c
How to get rid of blood cells that are full of glucose
2.png
. By removing the damaged blood cells or waiting for their natural death ? And try to produce healthy and young cells ? Is iron enough to produce healthy cells and kill those that carry glucose ?
I seem to have blood cells being born healthy but get glucose for a period of time. But how long ?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I may not understand what your question is.

So far as I understand it, your blood is replaced every 3 months. The way to get rid of the glucose is to eat low carb all the time.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I think you may be misunderstanding the nature of the hba1c. It just gives you a measure of your average blood sugar for the last 3 months. For some people, with anaemia or various sickle cell conditions or unusually long or short lived blood cells, that measure isn't accurate. Indeed, insulin dependant diabetics can have "good" hba1cs but poor blood sugars if they have a lot of low blood sugars combined with high ones.
If you suffer from a condition which makes your hba1c inaccurate, or you want a measure of your blood sugar for the last 2-3 weeks, you can do a fructosamine test.
The important thing is the readings on your glucometer. The hba1c is just one way to try to measure that, and is particularly useful for those who don't do regular blood tests.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I may not understand what your question is.

So far as I understand it, your blood is replaced every 3 months. The way to get rid of the glucose is to eat low carb all the time.
thank you for replay
Certainly this method is guaranteed because blood cells live in a healthy environment
But you can I get rid of damaged cells in a quick way ?

Can damaged cells get rid of the accumulated glucose?
Or it can not get rid of the accumulated glucose around her unless it dies

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Take a look at this post I made 5 years ago (can't believe I was on here that long ago!), which explain the weighting on HbA1c measurements. Basically, 40% of the HbA1c is weighted within the past 30 days, 80% is weighted to within the last 60 days and about 20% of it comes from 90 - 120 days

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you for replay
Certainly this method is guaranteed because blood cells live in a healthy environment
But you can I get rid of damaged cells in a quick way ?

Can damaged cells get rid of the accumulated glucose?
Or it can not get rid of the accumulated glucose around her unless it dies
The cells are not damaged, they are simply functioning as they should do in the environment in which they exist. The term death is a bit misleading, as the red blood cells do not have a nucleus nor do they reproduce themselves but they are made in the bone marrow and sent off to do their best in the circumstances they find themselves, and then they are broken down for spares and the good parts reused at the end of their usefulness.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Someone shoot me down if I'm wrong here?

It's the plasma that transports a large portion of BG. (Along with other stuff & waste products?)
Red blood cells primarily transport oxygen? (Or maybe a red blood cell does get stuck to glucose a little, the same way a car picks up dirt on a road..?)

Anyhow.
Lowering BG then happens some fing like dis?? (Trying not to sound too much like an expert.) ;)

@kitedoc !??! :D

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Through this drawing that I designed according to my information
Many questions remains how I can get the best result as soon as possible in HBa1c
How to get rid of blood cells that are full of glucoseView attachment 29712 . By removing the damaged blood cells or waiting for their natural death ? And try to produce healthy and young cells ? Is iron enough to produce healthy cells and kill those that carry glucose ?
I seem to have blood cells being born healthy but get glucose for a period of time. But how long ?
The glucose attached to haemoglobin molecules is not the problem, it is just an indicator of the high glucose level in the blood plasma. To extend @Jaylee 's analogy you get an indication of the pollution in the air from the dirt on your car, but it is not the dirty car that is the problem it is the pollution. Cleaning your car doesn't change the pollution in the air.

Reactions: Jaylee

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Sans titre.png
The glucose attached to haemoglobin molecules is not the problem, it is just an indicator of the high glucose level in the blood plasma
I do not agree with you, my friend When glucose increases hemoglobin, this means a decrease in the transfer of oxygen to the body Because the blood cells are responsible for the transport of oxygen hba1c is not only a measure of blood sugar level in the body within three months

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not agree with you, my friend When glucose increases hemoglobin, this means a decrease in the transfer of oxygen to the body Because the blood cells are responsible for the transport of oxygen hba1c is not only a measure of blood sugar level in the body within three months
If you are diabetic and your HbA1c is 7% that means that 7 percent of your haemoglobin molecules have glucose attached, 93% are normal. Bearing in mind that a non-diabetic has a HbA1c of about 5%, I don't think the additional 2% is going to make much difference to the ability of the blood to carry oxygen.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
DTDq72uVMAAWGG8.jpg
If you are diabetic and your HbA1c is 7% that means that 7 percent of your haemoglobin molecules have glucose attached, 93% are normal. Bearing in mind that a non-diabetic has a HbA1c of about 5%, I don't think the additional 2% is going to make much difference to the ability of the blood to carry oxygen.
It seems to me that we need to clarify something
According to my information, each one carries 5 percent of glucose
The amount may rise to 15 percent in each cell
Not as you said, 5 percent of cells carry glucose in full body

Last edited:

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Fasting will increase autophagy (destruction of damaged or redundant cellular components occurring in vacuoles within the cell):
Just a simple question
If I keep my blood sugar level under control for three months, will I get a result as a healthy person?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Just a simple question
If I keep my blood sugar level under control for three months, will I get a result as a healthy person?
Maybe. For sure if you don't you won't, though.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just a simple question
I did (although I’m type one). Kept my BG under really tight control, and got a non diabetic HbA1c of 40.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 29721
It seems to me that we need to clarify something
According to my information, each one carries 5 percent of glucose
The amount may rise to 15 percent in each cell
Not as you said, 5 percent of cells carry glucose in full body
Just to clarify, HbA1c measures the percentage of haemoglobin molecules that have a glucose molecule attached. It doesn't matter if you were to measure all the haemoglobin in a litre of blood or in one blood cell, as it is a percentage. Note that each blood cell contains about 270,000,000 haemoglobin molecules. So a non diabetic with HbA1c of say 5% would have 13,500,000 haemoglobin molecules in each cell with glucose attached. If you have an HbA1c of 15% then lack of oxygen is going to be the least of your problems.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ladies and Gentlemen thank you all. Keep on educating members of the Forum like me. Am enjoying every bit of the posts and learning simultaneously.

Reactions: SamJB and HICHAM_T2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 29720

That could be a reasonable point. Certainly one of the symptoms of DKA canbe a shortness of breath?

Edit to add link. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/diabetic-ketoacidosis/

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
but why not every cells they can death after 3 month
To be replaced by others did not live in a high level of diabetes
3 months is the average life span of a red blood cell. Not every red blood cell has died after three months. Also, for some people the average red blood cell lifespan is longer than 3 months and for other people it's shorter. Also, your blood cells may live longer if you are healthy compared to if you're sick. The longer a red blood cell is alive, the more it gets glycated. One way to get a better HbA1c is to donate blood, but that's cheating!

Reactions: Guzzler and EllieM