What's your Achille's heel T1 & T2?

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Peanut M&M’s (peanuts covered in chocolate and then covered in candy so they don’t melt and make a mess)
Flakey pastries like croissants, fresh from the oven with butter and jam.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Cakes, desserts, scones, bread. Given that I work at a conference centre and there's loads of all these things, plus colleagues who keep buying stuff to share, it becomes a gargantuan struggle.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
German Niederegger dark chocolate marzipan in all its various shapes and sizes - recently rediscovered,and the only food I can currently claim a serious addiction to.

Oherwise I don't think I could survive without my two little dogs, who usually feel the same about me when I have something tasty they might like to eat - particularly if it involves nice fatty or creamy low carb offerings.

Reactions: SueJB

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, cereal. Thats about it really!!!

Reactions: SueJB

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Dairy Bell Milkshake, I don’t do that anymore (I only had 2 a year) as the factory is now turning into a massive apartment block
With a milkshake shop on the ground floor , maybe ??

Reactions: Bluey1

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here in the Netherlands we're nearing the Feast of Saint Nicholas. (Santa, really). And there is SO MUCH SEASONAL, TRADITIONAL CANDY involved! And it's all sooooo good...

So, hello, additional 2 kilo's.

I gave everything I was given so far to my husband, who took it to work with him this morning, so I wouldn't be tempted at home anymore. Argh, and it went so well last year... Still allowing myself the tiny little truffles from the adventcalendar I got at Hudson's Bay though. Because I've been good all year, and one tiny little truffle after dinner won't kill me.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oppo do 3 good flavours, not cheap though which reduces the temptation to go bonkers
Haven't seen that brand in my neck of the woods. Not sure if it's sold elsewhere in Oz though.

D

Deleted Account

I only consider it an Achilles heel if it does me ill.
Sure, I eat bread and chocolate and pasta but I dose with insulin so I don't experience large BG spikes and I exercise a lot so don't experience weight gain.
Perhaps my Achilles heel is variety - I get bored eating or doing the same thing all the time so sometimes I do things and get a surprising BG response (high or low).