Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this lovely Tuesday morning. In CDG airport just checked in for my flight to South India for 10 weeks winter break.
Unfortunately succumbed to a delicious pizza last night so no surprise at the elevated FBG this morning

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
I’m just going to leave this here for those of you that are on Metformin and like to partake of a drink or two, especially with the Christmas festivities coming up:
https://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes/metformin-alcohol
Hey, Rachox, thanks for this - very useful! I have 4 Christmas Do's this week, and so far the plan is to consume alcohol on at least 2 of these occasions. I have never had a hypo, I'm the opposite - always hyper, so I don't want to find out what it's like on my nights out! :woot:

FBG this morning - 8.4

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
6.7 this lovely Tuesday morning. In CDG airport just checked in for my flight to South India for 10 weeks winter break.
Unfortunately succumbed to a delicious pizza last night so no surprise at the elevated FBG this morning

Totally envious. My only visit to India was work-related (Mumbai, Bangalore, Mysore) and much too short. Would love to see more of the country. Enjoy!

Reactions: Shem S
D

Deleted member 308541

7.1 today ☹️
Eating candles again mate... :D

Out of interest, do (m)any of you wear medical alert bracelets or similar?
I wear a Quoll digital medical card on a security lanyard as I do not like necklace type ones. This has all of my medical details, allergies, dnr etc on it accessed from the QR Code on the reverse side.

Hs9G6ul.jpg

Edited: Changed pix to one on my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ianpspurs

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Eating candles again mate... :D

I wear a Quoll digital medical card on a security lanyard as I do not like necklace type ones. This has all of my medical details, allergies, dnr etc on it accessed from the QR Code on the reverse side.

Hs9G6ul.jpg

Edited: Changed pix to one on my own.

Nah mate think it’s the crinkle cut frozen oven chips causing the problem normal straight ones are ok with me ! Strange how a shape of something would do that but I’ve noticed it before

D

Deleted member 308541

Nah mate think it’s the crinkle cut frozen oven chips causing the problem normal straight ones are ok with me ! Strange how a shape of something would do that but I’ve noticed it before
Now that's a coincidence, I found that our crinkles are heavier on carbs that the straight one a s well. last lot of of oven chips I ate sent me over 14.0 two hours after.

No more Lenore...