Consistent if slightly odd results..

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You’ve messed with my head by laying them out in a different order this time :eek:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’ve messed with my head by laying them out in a different order this time :eek:
I wondered who would notice! It was originally going to be the order I used them in but the Codefree reflected the lamp too much so I had to move it.. sorry..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice range of FBG's this morning..
IMG_2080.jpeg

and the Codefree does indeed say 5.9..

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tonights post dinner readings are

View attachment 30040

Surprising agreement between the two newbies..

I haven’t been parallel testing (as I’m away this weekend) but I started using my Caresens Dual yesterday and all the readings have been high 4s when I would have expected low 5s. I had one 5.4 when I’d have expected a high 5. Very pleased with the consistency so far, no retests required. Haven’t looked at the specifications but feel that the Caresens Dual needs less blood which is good for my fingers :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t been parallel testing (as I’m away this weekend) but I started using my Caresens Dual yesterday and all the readings have been high 4s when I would have expected low 5s. I had one 5.4 when I’d have expected a high 5. Very pleased with the consistency so far, no retests required. Haven’t looked at the specifications but feel that the Caresens Dual needs less blood which is good for my fingers :)
I'm finding the same with the Caresens and the Tee2 a lot less blood required and less wasted strips.. I think we'll start on the Tee2 full time for the New Year ...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm finding the same with the Caresens and the Tee2 a lot less blood required and less wasted strips.. I think we'll start on the Tee2 full time for the New Year ...

I’m loving the lesser blood drop needed and the consistency. My levels have stabilised after experimenting with my Metformin dose for a few months so I will reduce testing after Xmas and continue with the Caresens so long as my purse copes!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m loving the lesser blood drop needed and the consistency. My levels have stabilised after experimenting with my Metformin dose for a few months so I will reduce testing after Xmas and continue with the Caresens so long as my purse copes!
Tee2 strips are far cheaper and seem to give similar results? Might be worth the 9.99 for the meter?
£7.75 for 50 strips.. not quite the Codefree price but...

D

Deleted member 308541

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tee2 strips are far cheaper and seem to give similar results? Might be worth the 9.99 for the meter?
£7.75 for 50 strips.. not quite the Codefree price but...

Yes I may well reconsider but have a supply of strips for the Caresens Dual winging there way to me now. I will watch your testing with interest.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The price of your strips are different to here in Australia, most of our strips are sold by the 100 box. There are only two strips that are by the 50 box. I wonder why we get a bigger supply.

You will like the price of CareSens here in Australia.

This is the latest NDSS order form, but you can get them from NDSS affiliated pharmacy..

https://static.diabetesaustralia.co...alia/6800f24b-5a06-4bff-b75b-88cf3e423acb.pdf

I'm assuming those prices are subsidised by the govt? the costs here to the NHS are far higher for most strips..
DuNgaINW0AAlh8G.jpg-large.jpeg

these are the costs to the NHS for strips per strip so from 11p to 30p each!

Unfortunately I think the cost of the flight may have a serious effect on the savings on the strips !

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays FBG's Back to the usual disagreements...

IMG_2085.jpeg

They certainly get closer the lower they go though..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Although after saying the lower the closer we then get this...

IMG_2087.jpeg

Just walked the dog..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As they say, Life intervenes. So, would you class that as a hypo or a MISREAD? Would you be able to drive under those circumstances seeing as none of them is over the DVLA 5.0?

As I'm taking no meds and feel fine of course I would drive... as would anyone else in the population who would have no idea of their blood sugar levels at any time unless they were taking hypoglycaemic causing meds and therefore should be testing?.