3226E3A7-F68E-4772-B277-38389D6CF6E3.jpeg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That five minutes between readings might make the difference! ;) Or you didn’t set the clocks right? :joyful:

Taken from same drop of blood - Codefree clock wasn’t reset when I set up the Tee2. Now remedied!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Indeed although I'm still getting wildly different ones..

View attachment 30531

Currently testing a third meter for Home Health..
So your two Home Health meters are pretty close but the Spirit Healthcare one is lower. Similar difference to what I was getting with my Spirit Caresens Dual against the higher readings I got from the Code Free.

Reactions: Oldvatr

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So your two Home Health meters are pretty close but the Spirit Healthcare one is lower. Similar difference to what I was getting with my Spirit Caresens Dual against the higher readings I got from the Code Free.
Yep certainly looks that way..
Also they both seem to need more blood than the Tee2 as well.

Evesam

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got free replacement for my 'faulty' tubs of Codefree strips. These are performing more normally again, however, still in the dark about unexpected 'highs'. Might enrol on the Low Carb programme for 3 months. I wonder how other people have found this...?

Reactions: Speedbird

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After an initial period of good behaviour the Codefree seems to have gone back into the naughty corner.

8A98BA1E-E98C-4570-902E-C94D939C8891.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no! Is it a new pot of strips?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no! Is it a new pot of strips?

Yes, new pot - not from the dodgy batch. Will keep double testing for a bit - one thing I noticed today is that the smaller size of the Codefree tub (which I like for carrying around) makes it much harder to get strips out when it’s full, so its open much longer and you handle a lot more strips each time. That must have an impact.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, new pot - not from the dodgy batch. Will keep double testing for a bit - one thing I noticed today is that the smaller size of the Codefree tub (which I like for carrying around) makes it much harder to get strips out when it’s full, so,it’s open much longer and you handle a lot more strips each time. That must have an impact.
That’s what annoyed me as much as anything about the Code Free, the inconsistency. I prefer the bigger tubs that come with my Caresens Dual too, much less fiddly to get them out. What’s the expiry after opening of the Tee2 Strips? Code Free are 6 months, Caresens last 18 months.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s what annoyed me as much as anything about the Code Free, the inconsistency. I prefer the bigger tubs that come with my Caresens Dual too, much less fiddly to get them out. What’s the expiry after opening of the Tee2 Strips? Code Free are 6 months, Caresens last 18 months.

Not sure. It doesn’t say on the tub and I threw the box away when I opened it. Will need to check another box when I get home. Looked on the website but couldn’t find it there.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure. It doesn’t say on the tub and I threw the box away when I opened it. Will need to check another box when I get home. Looked on the website but couldn’t find it there.

@Rachox just checked the manual. Says strips can be used until expiry date printed on tub even once opened. Expiry date on current tub is September 2020 so over 18 months.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It would be interesting to hear if they have a longer expiry after opening too

Edit to add, crossed posts!

Reactions: Goonergal