BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First time for dissent!
Caresens reads higher than Codefree

IMG_2088.jpeg

3 hours after dinner (roast duck breasts) and just back from last dog walk of the day..

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time for dissent!
Caresens reads higher than Codefree

View attachment 30079

3 hours after dinner (roast duck breasts) and just back from last dog walk of the day..

Ooo interesting! Since using the Caresens, I have had all readings in the 4s apart from one 5.4 and one 5.0. Without parallel testing I reckon that they are around 0.5 lower than what I would have got with the Code Free.

D

Deleted member 308541

And they are the prices to the NHS not us poor souls who self fund..some strips can cost up to 50p each that's about 88 cents per strip..
<<<Insert expletive of choice>>> I am pleased that I do not live in the UK at those prices.

D

Deleted member 308541

Indeed Im tempted to move to Oz, once you get your politics sorted!
I do not think that will happen anytime soon, the ALP will the next federal election and the fun starts again.

Your avatar has passable resemblance to David Hurley the next Governor General that takes office next year.

a0e53d6972161ec63eb6f4afdf333fbb472cac59

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not think that will happen anytime soon, the ALP will the next federal election and the fun starts again.

Your avatar has passable resemblance to David Hurley the next Governor General that takes office next year.

a0e53d6972161ec63eb6f4afdf333fbb472cac59
I'll try and sneak in using his name then....

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Latest email from HH, not very encouraging :(
“I am still waiting for the manufacturer's final report. They have said they could not find any incidence of elevated readings with that LOT so they are running extra comparisons using some other meters as well as several different LOTs of SD Codefree strips.”
Strange so many of us have found this particular batch a problem.
I haven’t the heart to tell them I’ve already defected! But this email I’m afraid, doesn’t do anything to restore my confidence in my Code Free :grumpy:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Latest email from HH, not very encouraging :(
“I am still waiting for the manufacturer's final report. They have said they could not find any incidence of elevated readings with that LOT so they are running extra comparisons using some other meters as well as several different LOTs of SD Codefree strips.”
Strange so many of us have found this particular batch a problem.
I haven’t the heart to tell them I’ve already defected! But this email I’m afraid, doesn’t do anything to restore my confidence in my Code Free :grumpy:
I suspect they are probably using a laboratory standard titrated sugar solution smilar to the ISO test. They are probably not using human blood samples that contain other substances, and different oxygen levels e.g. haematocrit that we know meters are affected by. I note on my meters that the difference increases markedly with increasing bgl levels.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have received the final report from the manufacturer via HH.They conclude that the Code Free is performing within allowable limits, but don’t seem to have separated out the batch in question! HH are asking for that info. I’ll attach the file they sent me with the results. I haven’t had a chance to read and digest it properly but I thought I’d post it for you all to have a look at.

Attachments

• Claim Report(UK)_20181220_Rev.0.pdf
    477 KB · Views: 167

garyb888

I have received the final report from the manufacturer via HH.They conclude that the Code Free is performing within allowable limits, but don’t seem to have separated out the batch in question! HH are asking for that info. I’ll attach the file they sent me with the results. I haven’t had a chance to read and digest it properly but I thought I’d post it for you all to have a look at.

Proof that one believes what one wants to believe...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Final email from HH on the subject, unfortunately I can’t open the new data provided, but I consider the matter closed now. I have lost faith in the Code Free and have converted to the Caresens Dual for now which seems to show much more consistent results, as in I haven’t felt the need for retest at all. My Code Free will be kept safely as a spare.

“Hi Rachel,

They have now provided me with the raw data (attached here).

From their testing, there does not seem to be a problem with LOT S0318075. I could not find any problems when I tested either but there was quite clearly an issue with that LOT due to the nature of the complaints we received from experienced users.

However, out of a batch of 13,800 packs of 50 strips, we were only contacted by a handful of people so I do not think the whole LOT was affected and hopefully now that that LOT has been exhausted, these problems will not be repeated.”

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Final email from HH on the subject, unfortunately I can’t open the new data provided, but I consider the matter closed now. I have lost faith in the Code Free and have converted to the Caresens Dual for now which seems to show much more consistent results, as in I haven’t felt the need for retest at all. My Code Free will be kept safely as a spare.

“Hi Rachel,

They have now provided me with the raw data (attached here).

From their testing, there does not seem to be a problem with LOT S0318075. I could not find any problems when I tested either but there was quite clearly an issue with that LOT due to the nature of the complaints we received from experienced users.

However, out of a batch of 13,800 packs of 50 strips, we were only contacted by a handful of people so I do not think the whole LOT was affected and hopefully now that that LOT has been exhausted, these problems will not be repeated.”
Pretty poor service from HH did you send them a link to this thread? I'll happily send them my data through too..

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pretty poor service from HH did you send them a link to this thread? I'll happily send them my data through too..
I haven’t sent the link but they did acknowledge that I was not the only ‘experienced user’ that had complained. I’ve given up on the Code Free as you know, but have it as a spare with plenty of strips!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t sent the link but they did acknowledge that I was not the only ‘experienced user’ that had complained. I’ve given up on the Code Free as you know, but have it as a spare with plenty of strips!
Just sent them an email but guess won't hear anything back until 2019.. will let you know if I do..

Reactions: Rachox

garyb888

i am looking into the Caresens product line and I see there area few different kinds of meters available. Does anyone know if different Caresens meters require different strips?

Thanks for any advice...

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They do. You need to check the website to see which strips go with your meter of choice. The strips are a bit more expensive than the codefree.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They do. You need to check the website to see which strips go with your meter of choice. The strips are a bit more expensive than the codefree.
Remember that the VAT should be claimed as exempt by registering with the company.