Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
aw cumbs im working all of them cos its part of my working week but only in till 12 so not too bad and its double time not allowed holidays between 25th dec /1st jan not too bothered cos were ogonna go see grandsons when i finish and then off to tommys sons for dinner so all good .it will be the 1st xmas i havent cooked cant wait .:happy::joyful:

Bless Karen
So many dedicated caring folk like yourself working and missing their family time at Christmas and New Year

I know that the ward I used to work on had all day visiting over the Christmas and New Year period rather than the usual afternoon and evening visiting slots

Karen I salute you

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Scott-C have to agree with your post and my own experience of, in our area, the ADAPT course. I was also diabetic for 37 years before going on course and had pretty much not bothered a great deal with. The course has toatlly fired me up, and by attending the course this meant I met criteria for Libre which has also fired me up.

If you get a chance to go on this course I can recommend it no matter what stage you are at in your type 1 life

Great advice

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had a genuinely heartwarming chat with an office colleague yesterday.

She's T1 too, from the same generation as me where we were just taught to think about those old fashioned Carbohydrate Exchanges and Digestive biscuits and that was about it, none of this fancy pre-bolusing or anything like that.

We're in different departments on different floors, so we rarely see each other, but I bumped into her yesterday in passing, and she said she'd done the DAFNE course a week or two back and absolutely loved it!

She was totally fired up about it, really enthusiastic about all the new things she'd learned, how she'd realised the importance of basal testing, getting carb counting a lot sharper, not overtreating hypos and so on, and rethinking things she'd been doing for years.

I think there's a lot of us from that generation when things were more basic, we were more or less left to fend for ourselves, and we sort of missed the newer techniques coming in.

Having gotten a lot out of DAFNE myself a couple of years ago, it was really good seeing how engaged she felt about it, like a new chapter in T1 life had just opened!

DAFNE was a real eye opener to me when I attended 2 years ago

So much information learned

I’d recommend it to anyone with T1

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all. It's the shortest day today. I've got 7hrs 47mins starting at 8.09 to enjoy Friday and the winter solstice but not sure where to start.
Madam revealed 5.3, very happy as I had 5 frites for supper along with some caraway, beetroot and horseradish. Might start reading the Kite Runner

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, this very wet, shortest day. Mad Friday also, according to my policeman son.
@SueJB read The KiteRunner some years ago. Very good.
Sitting on a 6.2 about to go for my swim fit session. Will I need a jelly baby or not, will assess before getting in.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am celebrating the shortest day of the year with the shortest working day - 2.30 p.m. finish rather than 3.00 p.m. as is usual for Friday! The main advantage of being one of the early starters at Main Paid Workplace is that I finish earlier on two days a week, 3.00 p.m rather than 4.00 p.m., which means those days have become chores/shopping evenings.

Then, I'm celebrating the early get out with the fact we get paid today rather than on the last working day of the month by going and tackling the shopping so I don't have to shop again until about next Thursday-ish.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning all - bleeping Dexcom has woken me up today reporting a low with no number so checked on bg meter and it’s a 4.1, so calibrated and hope it’s just a one off. In for a short work day too today so looking to get home and finish wrapping.. glad it’s friday !!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, blood sugar overnight bit higher than I want, but ok now.

I decided yesterday to celebrate the winter solstice, somehow. After thinking about it, I'm going to try going up Calton Hill to see it I can see the sunset over the castle, not sure this will work, but can only try.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, waking to a 9.0 rising to 9.8 with my feet on the floor so waiting the injection down before eating, the rain seems to have stopped so a last attempt at working I think, looking on the bright side the days get longer from today :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I am celebrating the shortest day of the year with the shortest working day - 2.30 p.m. finish rather than 3.00 p.m. as is usual for Friday! The main advantage of being one of the early starters at Main Paid Workplace is that I finish earlier on two days a week, 3.00 p.m rather than 4.00 p.m., which means those days have become chores/shopping evenings.

Then, I'm celebrating the early get out with the fact we get paid today rather than on the last working day of the month by going and tackling the shopping so I don't have to shop again until about next Thursday-ish.
What do ya mean? It's the longest here down under ??

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all. It's the shortest day today. I've got 7hrs 47mins starting at 8.09 to enjoy Friday and the winter solstice but not sure where to start.
Madam revealed 5.3, very happy as I had 5 frites for supper along with some caraway, beetroot and horseradish. Might start reading the Kite Runner
Loove the Kite Runner. Mainly the kite battles etc but it is a powerful story !!!

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Again, ground hog day.........late on parade, a low mid morning, busy busy! However once things have settled here and everything has been checked to be working for a conference in the new year I'm off to our teams work christmas lunch and might not be back.......well that's the intention unless I get called back............if my phone has any charge left :p

BGLs have been reasonably well behaved.
If only groundhog days occurred with brilliantly normal in-range BSLs !!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Evening! Got mahoosive antibiotics from the doc, she said apparently there is some gack on my left lung and I was right to have gone. She asked if I had ketones - they were at 1.1 this morning so I said so - slight raise of eyebrow until I said I ate minimal carb so that’s normal for me. She said that I was clearly doing something right, looking at my HbA1c :) BG back in range for about the first time today, been 7s and 8s until now :(

Did five hours on call as a first responder this afternoon, but no business for us today. So I did some crochet in the car...
May the anti-bugs work quickly rather than taking the 'chemist union-regulation' 36 to 48 hours to kick in.
Please keep coughing up the gunk!!

Reactions: Cumberland