Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve just received an NHS message changing a Diabetes Clinic, and the person to see - again. It’s the third one this year, the third time there’s been a new incumbent and a new time. Poor struggling NHS. Thank goodness for this great forum.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Late morning all
I think Xdrip is broken lol. Went to bed 6.5 woke to a 6.5 and sat on a 6.5 now......what is going on? BGs are around the same also. Long may it continue.....It will all go Pete Tong later for sure
@Fairygodmother dry white port sounds really good to be fair....may have a look out for that later :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, thought I must have died in the night as I woke to a flat line 5.1 - had to check with a blood test, and that said 5.2 :)

Delivering son to his dad for the weekend, and then braving Sainsbury’s for the things Lidl don’t sell...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The kite flying and running also highlights the tribal inequalities in a country where, as in so many, the heavy hand of the foreigners (so many different countries: France, Russia, the USA, the U.K.) duffed things up!
Right, before I get too serious, has anyone tried dry white port, the new kid on the block? I think it’s great, not too syrupy for a T1 and tastes good! It’s a nanniversary solstice special here!
@Fairygodmother Whiteport was one of my Christmas favourites. In a good one you can taste the fruit, in a dry one... it's almost like a Chablis.. a bit steel like but still with a hint of sweetness. OMG!! I sound like some snotty dotty from the TV!!But honestly they can be sweet or dry and obviously the former really makes my BG sing. I saw some in Sainsburys last week.

Just had a wonderful little parcel delivered, a gift from Mr B's aunt. Full of cheeses, Perl wen, Wensleydale, Caerphilly etc and ham hocks and bacon. Does cheese freeze?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Fairygodmother Whiteport was one of my Christmas favourites. In a good one you can taste the fruit, in a dry one... it's almost like a Chablis.. a bit steel like but still with a hint of sweetness. OMG!! I sound like some snotty dotty from the TV!!But honestly they can be sweet or dry and obviously the former really makes my BG sing. I saw some in Sainsburys last week.

Just had a wonderful little parcel delivered, a gift from Mr B's aunt. Full of cheeses, Perl wen, Wensleydale, Caerphilly etc and ham hocks and bacon. Does cheese freeze?

We used to freeze big big blocks of cheddar in West Africa on the rare occasions they were flown in and they were ok when defrosted but it may have been scarcity that made them seem so good.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
We used to freeze big big blocks of cheddar in West Africa on the rare occasions they were flown in and they were ok when defrosted but it may have been scarcity that made them seem so good.
Very true @Fairygodmother I vaguely remember doing the same in Paraguay but can't think what it tasted like. Just wondering about now as it's so freely available. I just don't want it to go to waste.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think Xdrip is broken lol. Went to bed 6.5 woke to a 6.5 and sat on a 6.5 now......what is going on? BGs are around the same also. Long may it continue.....It will all go Pete Tong later for sure

Without checking, I could have sworn you posted this word for word not too long ago...................???!!!

Reactions: kitedoc

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Without checking, I could have sworn you posted this word for word not too long ago...................???!!!
Pretty much the same mate....hence why I think it's broke
5.7 now so it is working lol

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just seen that Watership Down’s on the beeb tomorrow. I’ve just seen next door’s new baby rabbits, a pair of super sweet lop ears and don’t think I want to get out the tissues for the animation gang.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, this very wet, shortest day. Mad Friday also, according to my policeman son.
@SueJB read The KiteRunner some years ago. Very good.
Sitting on a 6.2 about to go for my swim fit session. Will I need a jelly baby or not, will assess before getting in.

No jelly baby needed. Nice straight line, took a unit after to compensate for Adrenalin surge and the straight line continued. Then needed to activate new sensor and it’s a right dogs dinner. Hoping it will settle out tomorrow like the last one did.

Reactions: kitedoc

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very true @Fairygodmother I vaguely remember doing the same in Paraguay but can't think what it tasted like. Just wondering about now as it's so freely available. I just don't want it to go to waste.

On the odd time I have frozen cheese. I have grated the cheese, prior to open freezing it. I must admit, wherre cheese has been frozen, I have tended to use it as cooking cheese. Frozen from grated means as much or as little as is requirred can be shaken out into the top of whatever is being cooked.

Personally, I wouldn't freezea soft cheese.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@therower - Have you seen this on Twitter?

upload_2018-12-21_19-45-23.png

Fantastic news. Get your bids in early, and tell your buddies (probably in that order!)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Beams contentedly at the whole wide world.

Main Paid Job finished until 7th January. All-morning grazing on party food survived.

Food Shopping done until well into next week. With luck, I won't have to venture into a shop before Thursday at the earliest.

Sunday Job about to take over until midday Tuesday and all tasks done for that. Well, all the ones I know about... Including the words and music rewrite that I remember saying I needed to do after last year's debacle. (If I am to lead the singing of some ditty which has been written to a Well Known tune, but the words don't quite fit the music, then I need it written out in full, with the words under the music, so I can catch the pitfalls. Not just thrusting the words at me in a poor format and layout, and expecting me to be able to read it, read the music from a different source and assume the congregation will catch on because"Oh, everyone knows the tune, they'll pick it up... Um, no, they won't.)

House cleaning taking place tomorrow.

Holiday proper begins 25/12/2018 at 12.00 noon.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, Japes, T1 can be messy at times, but it's always a winner when we get ourselves into that, "yeah, it's working for me right now" groove - I'm there just now!

Yep, definitely for now, it's all good.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all, thought I must have died in the night as I woke to a flat line 5.1 - had to check with a blood test, and that said 5.2 :)

Delivering son to his dad for the weekend, and then braving Sainsbury’s for the things Lidl don’t sell...
Please do not overdo it in your unwell condition!!

Reactions: porl69

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
On the odd time I have frozen cheese. I have grated the cheese, prior to open freezing it. I must admit, wherre cheese has been frozen, I have tended to use it as cooking cheese. Frozen from grated means as much or as little as is requirred can be shaken out into the top of whatever is being cooked.

Personally, I wouldn't freezea soft cheese.
Works well for grating Parmesan cheese.

Reactions: DCUKMod