jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, how many carbs in the sweet water?

haha....shall meter and test this year.

it was described for us before visit as a 'Lake in the middle of a jungle"..which sounded cool.

however, whilst technically true, .
( it is tho a tantrum inducing trek across a long narrow path through back end of town, in the BAKING heat )

it is sat maybe 100 feet from the ocean and Beach ( totally empty )

speciality is they offer to cake you in mud (yes, got it done, £2 or similar )
lay in sun and dry out, when caked..go for swim in lake..hence bodies look pale despite many being indian or
well suntanned ala my missus..(one waving ..poseur :rolleyes:;)
heartsthree.gif
)

Reactions: Antje77

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9722B5F4-53F4-49AB-9A45-61D1F4205192.jpeg

No carbs in cats. (It does look like a friendly nibble with no harm actually caused)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cat doesn't look too happy though
that dog will be sleeping lightly for the next few weeks ;)...Lol

What have we DONE???!!!??? All your typing ... all my texting with my cousin ...

hA3D76BA2

100% chocolate! Good for you! Eat it all up!

Reactions: Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
haha....shall meter and test this year.

it was described for us before visit as a 'Lake in the middle of a jungle"..which sounded cool.

however, whilst technically true, .
( it is tho a tantrum inducing trek across a long narrow path through back end of town, in the BAKING heat )

it is sat maybe 100 feet from the ocean and Beach ( totally empty )

speciality is they offer to cake you in mud (yes, got it done, £2 or similar )
lay in sun and dry out, when caked..go for swim in lake..hence bodies look pale despite many being indian or
well suntanned ala my missus..(one waving ..poseur :rolleyes:;)
heartsthree.gif
)

Totally empty .... why? Sharks? Jellyfish?

"Lake in the middle of a jungle" sounds as cool as the English translation of Lucerne's lake: Lake of the Four Forest Cantons.

Only I'm picturing Goa's with Johnny Weissmuller diving in and swimming. :)

How did you do the animated emoji? I've been thinking we need some of those on this BB.

Reactions: jjraak

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why does all social media eventually consist of pictures of cats and dogs?

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
I read a thread about the meaning of "of which sugars", but I still don't quite understand.

Let me just ask a simple question.

If a product has 32% carbohydrate, and 47% of which sugars.... what does this mean?

Are the sugars an extra category of carbohydrate, or are they just a subset of the overall carbohydrates?

If I had 32% carbohydrates and 47% of which sugars, would the total carbohydrates be 32% or would they be (32% + 47%) = 79%?
I was told to ignore the which sugars part and use the full carb number and this has worked out fine although I know the fibre contents should be considered I also ignore that, clear as mud but I would advise using the carb in grams when dosing

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You just reminded me of the time I had a huge great black dog and a tiny little patterned cat - every day the cat came along and ate half a teaspoon of the dogs dinner, just to show him who was boss - and he would look at me and cry in case the cat ate it all and left none for him (the dinner weighed a bit more than the cat) when she'd finished she would sit down and wash her paws and whiskers (dog practically in hysterics by then) and saunter off leaving the dog to engulf the rest of the food. I know I could have shut the cat out and let the dog have his dinner unmolested - but he was rather full of himself and it probably did him a lot of good.

"Next time I'll know better than to ask for a baby brother."
bwRHJsB.gif

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Totally empty .... why? Sharks? Jellyfish?

"Lake in the middle of a jungle" sounds as cool as the English translation of Lucerne's lake: Lake of the Four Forest Cantons.

Only I'm picturing Goa's with Johnny Weissmuller diving in and swimming. :)

How did you do the animated emoji? I've been thinking we need some of those on this BB.

Sea is nicer on other side of bay, more facilities.
and sea is rough across most of goa...
undercurrents, critters..(
shhh.gif
).
think more Jumping up and above the waves, rather then gliding gracefully across them

( will, private message the emoji.)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told to ignore the which sugars part and use the full carb number and this has worked out fine although I know the fibre contents should be considered I also ignore that, clear as mud but I would advise using the carb in grams when dosing
The fiber isn't included in the total carbs in most of the world, so we Europeans SHOULD ignore them. Are you in th US?

Reactions: slikwipman

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice. Shall I post in my own language in the future? How's your Dutch?
If you are English, why would you think the fiber/fibre/vezel content should be considered for dosing?
Possibly a dig at the US spelling rather than yours.

I’m astounded at the abilities of some people in here using English as their second language. They often have a better command of it than us native speakers. Every Dutch person I’ve ever met has spoken amazing English. When I was a teenager my family used to host students, many from the Netherlands. Out of interest what age do they start teaching it?

Reactions: slikwipman