How Many Carbs do You Limit Yourself to Per Day?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would help me enormously to know how many grams per day people are limiting themselves to.

I see figures of less than 20, less than 50 and less than 100 grams per day banded about but wonder which are the most representative?

Reactions: Freema
M

Member496333

At the moment low enough that I don’t bother counting. No more than half a palmful of broccoli and some spinach per day. Plus a bit of dairy. I’d guess at around 10g but definitely less than 20g. That’s obviously full-ketogenic though. It’s not for everyone I’m sure.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At the moment low enough that I don’t bother counting. No more than half a palmful of broccoli and some spinach per day. Plus a bit of dairy. I’d guess at around 10g but definitely less than 20g. That’s obviously full-ketogenic though. It’s not for everyone I’m sure.
I see you have them screwed right down to a minimum, Jim.

Reactions: kitedoc
M

Member496333

I see you have them screwed right down to a minimum, Jim.

Yeah for sure. Honestly I only really eat the green veg because I like it. Very often I’ll have cauliflower in place of broccoli so I’d guess on average I’m at 10g.

Reactions: Prem51

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
30-40g
Everybody has a different level of carbs that allows themto maintain good blood sugar levels. It varies from person to person and in my experience it changes over the course of time.
The only way to work out your carb threshold is by testing testing and then testing some more

Reactions: luv2spin and Prem51

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think about it as such. No to bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, cakes et al, so meat, dairy, veg and loads of fish seems to work for me.

Reactions: Prem51 and Listlad