Fallen off the wagon

Rabbitchops_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve fallen off the wagon big time in the last few months. I was really good for over two years no **** only healthy, lost loads of weight and proud of how well I had done, now the weight is nearly all back. I’ve been single for a number of years then last year I met someone and all of a sudden my old bad habit of binge eating started again, cake, chocolate and crisps. The person is not in my life now but I still can’t stop eating rubbish. Don’t know how I’m going to lose the weight again.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Look at the wagon. Couple of steps up that's all. ( metaphorical ).

You did it once already and made a proper job of it. Just stop doing it for others.

Do it for YOU.

I will be there on the wagon hand out to give you a lift, (or take the p whatever works) .

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so sorry things have gone awry. But you did it before, you can do it again!

If you can give food away, put it in a box and go through the house, filling it as you go. People you know or the foodbank may be quite happy with what's on offer! Rid your house of any binge-y and high carb stuff. Clean slate. Then go shopping. (Not while hungry, of course. ;) ) If you're thinking you might binge anyway, make sure food's on hand that won't put the pounds on. Pork scratchings, crunchy bacon, cheeses, extra dark chocolate, olives, nuts, celery sticks with cream cheese, things that won't do any big harm. Start cooking from scratch (if you've stopped), maybe look up keto cake recipies. Stock up on eggs, meat, veggies... Treat yourself to proper food.

Just... Love yourself a little. You can do this.

Reactions: Rabbitchops_

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I think you have just taken the first step by reaching out so Well Done on that score.
You know you can do this, you did it once and you can do it again. As @Spl@ has said, this time do it for you.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
First step is the most important you’ve recognised what’s happened and made a decision to do something about it. You’ve got some good advice already you need to get rid of the dangerous high carb food and restock on the good stuff.
Good idea too to look at what types of low carb treats you like such as high percentage cocoa chocolate or if you like baking low carb products. Maybe some exciting new ideas for meals and puddings from
Www.dietdoctor.com?
You could build up a whole menu of things thatyou enjoy and have a go at being really kind to yourself the rest will follow once you are back on the wagon. Welcome back we are all here to support each other in both the good and more challenging times. Big hug on the way

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loads of useful advice already, my two penny worth is to have a read of the success stories and testimonials sub forum. It’s very inspiring.

M

Member496333

Leave the waggon behind and walk. Being on a waggon implies discipline and deprivation, which in my opinion is not the mindset you might need for long term success. The trick is to embrace the new way of living, not fear it.

Just my random thoughts :)

Emily D.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't give your power away to someone else. This person wasn't good for you from the beginning if they turned you away from loving yourself enough to stay healthy. Maybe instead of comfort eating, comfort yourself with a walk (you won't want to but will feel better afterwards), with an early night in a bed with fresh linen, with a scented candle or with good wine or a food treat that won't harm you, my go to one is argentinian prawns panfried in a little butter. Lately, if I'm depleted/down in the dumps at the end of the day, I just give up and go to bed. Waking up fresh next morning makes me stronger for facing the challenge again.

Rabbitchops_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Look at the wagon. Couple of steps up that's all. ( metaphorical ).

You did it once already and made a proper job of it. Just stop doing it for others.

Do it for YOU.

I will be there on the wagon hand out to give you a lift, (or take the p whatever works) .

Thank you for the helping hand really appreciate it.

Rabbitchops_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so sorry things have gone awry. But you did it before, you can do it again!

If you can give food away, put it in a box and go through the house, filling it as you go. People you know or the foodbank may be quite happy with what's on offer! Rid your house of any binge-y and high carb stuff. Clean slate. Then go shopping. (Not while hungry, of course. ;) ) If you're thinking you might binge anyway, make sure food's on hand that won't put the pounds on. Pork scratchings, crunchy bacon, cheeses, extra dark chocolate, olives, nuts, celery sticks with cream cheese, things that won't do any big harm. Start cooking from scratch (if you've stopped), maybe look up keto cake recipies. Stock up on eggs, meat, veggies... Treat yourself to proper food.

Just... Love yourself a little. You can do this.

Thank you for the advice, I will have to look up the keto recipes. I think I will have to get some nuts and olives for when I get the munchies

Rabbitchops_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First step is the most important you’ve recognised what’s happened and made a decision to do something about it. You’ve got some good advice already you need to get rid of the dangerous high carb food and restock on the good stuff.
Good idea too to look at what types of low carb treats you like such as high percentage cocoa chocolate or if you like baking low carb products. Maybe some exciting new ideas for meals and puddings from
Www.dietdoctor.com?
You could build up a whole menu of things thatyou enjoy and have a go at being really kind to yourself the rest will follow once you are back on the wagon. Welcome back we are all here to support each other in both the good and more challenging times. Big hug on the way

Thanks for the tips on low carb treats it’s made me want to research what nice things are out there that are not bad for me. Thank you for the big hug one come back at you.

Rabbitchops_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Leave the waggon behind and walk. Being on a waggon implies discipline and deprivation, which in my opinion is not the mindset you might need for long term success. The trick is to embrace the new way of living, not fear it.

Just my random thoughts :)

I like your random thoughts they do make a lot of sense. Thank you

Rabbitchops_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't give your power away to someone else. This person wasn't good for you from the beginning if they turned you away from loving yourself enough to stay healthy. Maybe instead of comfort eating, comfort yourself with a walk (you won't want to but will feel better afterwards), with an early night in a bed with fresh linen, with a scented candle or with good wine or a food treat that won't harm you, my go to one is argentinian prawns panfried in a little butter. Lately, if I'm depleted/down in the dumps at the end of the day, I just give up and go to bed. Waking up fresh next morning makes me stronger for facing the challenge again.

Emily thank you for your wise words you are so right he wasn’t the one for me from the start, I feel so much better being on my own again. I love the idea of a scented candle and early bed maybe with the occasional beer. I must start walking again I hadn’t done as much lately. Thank you again x