What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s interesting. Have to think about menus a bit more but not hungry very much. I’m eating a bit of my home made dark chocolate each day also.
I’m thinking Steaks tomorrow but need something to go with them.

Salad goes well with steak IMO. Or just tomahtoes. Or mushrooms.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It could be a compression low, Dunelm. They tend to happen if you lie directly on the sensor for a while. It struggles in those circumstances.

According to my Libre graphs, I routinely run at two point two overnight, then come up in the morning.

As for your earlier comment about upward blips, related to bathroom breaks, I see those, by about zero point one, I just think it's my body ensuring I have the energy to get up safely and do what needs to be done. I have mentioned it to anothe Libre user, and she sees the same thing.

Apologies, numeric keypad won't appear on my iPad this morning for some reason.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up at 06:30 after a decent sleep which makes such a difference...spent most of the day in a fug yesterday after my very early start...managed to get the 'birthday' bike in the back of my car yesterday...although we had to drive home with the roof down & it was freezing...lots of laughing...looks of disbelief from other motorists...did we care...not a jot...woke to a 5.9

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

bit of a restless night for me, was too warm at first and pushed the duvet down a bit then woke up early to a frosty morning and quickly pulled it back up :hilarious:

Now I'm out of bed, lagged in my thick socks and dressing gown, got the heating on and I'm really looking forward to my coffee ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
5.7! Right that proves it beyond doubt. The medicinal qualities of a drop of scotch to cure a cold. I refrained from the hot water, lemon and (obvs) the honey. Just the amber liquor in its purest form.
Next time I get cold I may try Bourbon.

An exciting day awaits. Off to Manchester for the Chinese New Year parade, then off to the Etihad with my eldest (he’s a City fan) - the visitors today are Chelsea. Big game.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It could be a compression low, Dunelm. They tend to happen if you lie directly on the sensor for a while. It struggles in those circumstances.

According to my Libre graphs, I routinely run at two point two overnight, then come up in the morning.

As for your earlier comment about upward blips, related to bathroom breaks, I see those, by about zero point one, I just think it's my body ensuring I have the energy to get up safely and do what needs to be done. I have mentioned it to anothe Libre user, and she sees the same thing.

Apologies, numeric keypad won't appear on my iPad this morning for some reason.
Thank you. I wondered if sitting in a sauna messed it up somehow but it’s OK now, or so it seems.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I wondered if sitting in a sauna messed it up somehow but it’s OK now, or so it seems.

I know I have seen some very low numbers, of that and a bit lower, when I have been very busy, and very hungry, but to be honest, I just did something about the underlying cause, either had a drink or grabbed some food.

To be honest, for me, not being on any medication, if I feel fine, I just move along from the low numbers. If they're higher than my personal running range, then I might scowl, but then move along anyway.