What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Giving the hug because obviously not exactly where you want to be and when things are fine you usually add I'm ok with that. No driving for you for a while either I imagine. Hope you sort it soon and have a good day and tomorrow starts more in line with where you nee to be.

Thanks Ian

Yeah I was just a little bit shaky this morning so had a couple of biccies with my cuppa

I’m currently at 6.3 so feel ok

Thank you for the man hug

Cheers
Ian

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I opted for single malt. That’s not a healthy choice I know but effective
May not have been a healthy choice when you awoke today but by bedtime there will probably be a link to a youtube lecture (with graphs and a guy in red MMGA baseball cap) saying it is 2nd only to meat as the cure for all known ills and societal problems. Only "THEY" don't want you to know. :angelic:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May not have been a healthy choice when you awoke today but by bedtime there will probably be a link to a youtube lecture (with graphs and a guy in red MMGA baseball cap) saying it is 2nd only to meat as the cure for all known ills and societal problems. Only "THEY" don't want you to know. :angelic:

Bacon, and good scotch are the only things we have to prove the existence of the gods (old and new).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I will be left-handed today. My left hand gave me a score of 6.33333333333, while my right hand could only manage 6.66666666667.

I fear winter is gone from here, evidence the round of robins out on the patio yesterday afternoon and these lovelies, blooming three weeks before their time:

daffodils for UK.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.5 for me today. Feeling much better but oh so tired, just want to sleep! Chilled day dont need to do much. Online grocery delivery soon so no need to go out yet. @Bubbsie wrap up warm on the “bike” run what a good friend you are!
@SaskiaKC bacon and pineapple pizza? Over here its more bacon and mushroom in the shops. Ham and Pineapple used to be around but havent seen it in a while. I sometimes miss being able to go to Pizza Express with OH for a pizza. I usually like the goats cheese and veg ones or Chicken and peppers. I might try the LoDough and make my own at home. Anyway hope you enjoyed yours!

Thanks. It was delicious! Canadian bacon is more like ham than bacon; some pizza places serve ham with pineapple instead of Canadian bacon. I don't know what the difference is. Probably depends what part of the pig they come from?

I think I ate at a Pizza Express in Cambridge when I was there. Nearly 20 years ago! Good grief. Oh, well.

I hope you have gotten some good sleep today and are feeling rested.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
YEHAWW....:D:D:D

No more wet proofs, dry roads, long days....bring it ON..;)

I hear ya. But spring just means pollen, tornadoes, and an early return of summer's high heat and humidity. Oh, well, we have AC here, and I CAN get up and walk to the drugstore as early as 9:00 am to pick up that prescription, so not stuck on a hot street corner waiting for the light to change in the middle of the day. And it's no worse than nearly dying of heat stroke in an un-air-conditioned car!

I just wish they would reverse the time changes so that we would have an hour more of daylight in the wintertime and an hour less in the summertime, when we need the sun to set so we can pretend the day has cooled off a few degrees.

I guess with today's full face masks you don't worry about getting bugs in your teeth and up your nose on your daily commute?
biker.gif
waveyellow.gif

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 again for me this morning.

I wish winter was gone from here. I had to buy another bag of salt to de ice the proch stairs, walkway and driveway. @neithskye I hope you are feeling better, falls onto ice are awful. I was out your way yesterday (Misssissauga, Brampton), I live in Scarborough and was stuck behind a salting truck most of the way in heavy traffic on the highway coming home.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. It was delicious! Canadian bacon is more like ham than bacon; some pizza places serve ham with pineapple instead of Canadian bacon. I don't know what the difference is. Probably depends what part of the pig they come from?

@SaskiaKC , it is from a different part of the pig - bacon or streaky bacon is from the belly, Canadian bacon is usually from the loin and is like ham . BTW most Canadians call Canadian bacon, "back bacon" (don't know why as it doesn't come from the back) or "peameal bacon" (for the bacon with cornmeal coating on the outside). Peameal bacon was invented here in Toronto. I don't know if it's sold widely in the rest of the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peameal_bacon

Reactions: HarryBeau

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
MAN FLU....How to reverse it.
A . J. RHUBARB

Amazon.
Hardback £16.99
Kindle ......£7.99
reviews 1117 (AVE 4 5)

Thank you for the review. The medicine certainly helped but I'm not certain it was 100% effective so I may try a 2nd dose, maybe slightly larger this time. Science is all about putting the theories to the test....as they say in research papers "further studies are required."