Hopefully Unnecessarily Worried ...

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
... I have my first HBA1C next week since diagnosis in November, when I was at 48. I've been testing and mostly my levels have been great, particularly in the past six weeks. Occasionally I get random 8s. So I am hoping I'm OK. I've not eaten at my parent's house in that time as they've been away, and usually tea there involves potato and so my levels were generally about 10 post meal. I'm just a bit worried that, despite all my good work foodwise, it won't have come down.

Reactions: Juicyj

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... I have my first HBA1C next week since diagnosis in November, when I was at 48. I've been testing and mostly my levels have been great, particularly in the past six weeks. Occasionally I get random 8s. So I am hoping I'm OK. I've not eaten at my parent's house in that time as they've been away, and usually tea there involves potato and so my levels were generally about 10 post meal. I'm just a bit worried that, despite all my good work foodwise, it won't have come down.
If you see good numbers when you test, you'll probably see a good HbA1c. You're doing great!

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do hope so! Thanks! I think I'm just having a wobble about it really.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm waiting for mine now just waiting for the doctor to call and I'm really nervous lol

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Yellredder what's causing you concern ?

This is purely a check not a test, it's just there to gauge control and whatever the result it's just tick the box and move on, I have had high/low over the years and each one gives me a moment to reflect and check what I need to do and to move on, if anyone was to judge me by a HbA1c then i'd ask them what they would do if in my shoes, that's if they dare to :hilarious:

Reactions: HSSS

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I enter all my readings at home into the app MySugr. Once you have entered enough data it generates an estimated HbA1c. I do this, but don’t rely on it being totally accurate, but it gives me an idea if my HbA1c is heading up or down

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Yellredder what's causing you concern ?

This is purely a check not a test, it's just there to gauge control and whatever the result it's just tick the box and move on, I have had high/low over the years and each one gives me a moment to reflect and check what I need to do and to move on, if anyone was to judge me by a HbA1c then i'd ask them what they would do if in my shoes, that's if they dare to :hilarious:

I don't want it to have increased after everything I've done.

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I enter all my readings at home into the app MySugr. Once you have entered enough data it generates an estimated HbA1c. I do this, but don’t rely on it being totally accurate, but it gives me an idea if my HbA1c is heading up or down

Is it not available on Apple? Looked on the App Store and can't find it.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Understand completely but if it has increased then you have the data and information to tweak if necessary.
Remember the HbA1C is for you primarily. No one is going to judge you, just help you if needs be.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6B7B667E-7B53-4AF6-8695-5D88882606B6.jpeg
Is it not available on Apple? Looked on the App Store and can't find it.
I have it on both my iPad and my iPhone. This is what I see if I search in the App Store (left is iPad, right is iPhone). Be sure to note the spelling it’s a bit odd!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

I think we can be too overly critical of ourselves with HbA1c’s - so if it’s gone higher then you need to do a bit of work if lower then what your doing is working, just remember to treat yourself as a best friend would and don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t get a better result.

I know my next one will be higher and I know why but it’s simply work in progress to me, I won’t beat myself up as it’s hard enough coping with all life’s other worries without this added on top.

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 31004
I have it on both my iPad and my iPhone. This is what I see if I search in the App Store (left is iPad, right is iPhone). Be sure to note the spelling it’s a bit odd!

Thanks - I spelled it correctly, but it just doesn't show up on mine! I read about it in here over Christmas and tried looking for it then, tried again today. No joy! Which is all a bit odd!!

I'm in a lot of pain just at the moment; maybe I'm just feeling a bit maudlin and all will actually be well. I have an appointment in two weeks with the same doctor who gave me my results back in November. Had a lot of fun with him, think he's training. Guess he'll have the job of giving me these results, as well as treating me for my pain!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks - I spelled it correctly, but it just doesn't show up on mine! I read about it in here over Christmas and tried looking for it then, tried again today. No joy! Which is all a bit odd!!

I'm in a lot of pain just at the moment; maybe I'm just feeling a bit maudlin and all will actually be well. I have an appointment in two weeks with the same doctor who gave me my results back in November. Had a lot of fun with him, think he's training. Guess he'll have the job of giving me these results, as well as treating me for my pain!
I can get it to appear if I type “glucose”, “blood sugar” or “diabetes” into the search, maybe try those?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

If your phone is getting on a bit, or your iOs is out of date, you may find the app isn't compatible. Some apps have almost qualifying criteria.

Those options probably aren't the only potential reasons, I'm sure.

Skippy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
@DCUKMod is right. My elderly iphone won't load the app. I have to resort to a bit of maths to work out a vaguely close HbA1c!

ViolaChiri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi in the same boat, waiting for my results on Monday as was also diagnosed in November 2018 so fingers crossed :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good news - see it wasn't so bad was it ;)