Saw my endo today - Latest HB1AC

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
So today was my first appointment with my endo and they did my HB1AC at the same time and got a shock.

Even after December and my poor adjustment and coming off sitagliptin and statins I’ve reached borderline levels. Consider me a life follower of LCHF and fasting because it is saving my life.

Thanks to all of you that have supported me and helped me to get to this moment, let’s get the levels down more eh?

-Karl

Reactions: Ponchu and Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So today was my first appointment with my endo and they did my HB1AC at the same time and got a shock.

Even after December and my poor adjustment and coming off sitagliptin and statins I’ve reached borderline levels. Consider me a life follower of LCHF and fasting because it is saving my life.

Thanks to all of you that have supported me and helped me to get to this moment, let’s get the levels down more eh?

-Karl
Brilliant results sir well done.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ponchu

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Ponchu

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
How cool is that, congrats on the stunning result!

Reactions: Ponchu
M

Member496333

Wow. Well done, Karl. Top effort and amazing results! I love a good success story, and most of us here can very much imagine how you must feel. It won’t be long before you’re saying things like “diabetes was the best thing that ever happened to me” :woot:

Reactions: Prem51 and Ponchu

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazingly well done @Caeseji You should be understandably very proud of yourself. I bet you feel like you're walking in air.

What did your Endo say to that result?

Reactions: Prem51

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

-Karl

Absolutely brilliant results, @Caeseji. Your hard work definitely paid off. Congratulations.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You absolute STAR....( and all the while being a little worried...:wideyed: )

makes me think you might of been a ringer..
i see what ya done...just posting in trying to lure us all into betting against ya dropping the HBA1c.....;)

No chance..:hilarious:

you came on strong checking for info and THEN put it all into practice.

well pleased for you.:D

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
@Prem51 @bulkbiker @Rachox @Tophat1900 @carol43 @Jim Lahey @Brunneria @annie07 @lovinglife @DCUKMod @ziggy_w @Flora123 @jjraak @Goonergal

Thank you all so very much for the replies and for those that put in ratings as well up there, it means the absolute world to me and seriously improved my optimism about living a long and happy life even with that demon called diabetes on my back. Catching it early and improving THIS much is a good counter for my future. I ended up getting that haircut I never had the courage to before yesterday and made up some homemade Piri Piri Chicken (1g carbs per 100g! Woo!) with some thick keto cheese sauce and got my family into the love for the food too. You've all been such inspirations to me to get myself back on track! Hopefully my next reading will be in the 3's club, I think the results got skewed with my recovery period in January so it could be lower than that for the next time.

Wow. Well done, Karl. Top effort and amazing results! I love a good success story, and most of us here can very much imagine how you must feel. It won’t be long before you’re saying things like “diabetes was the best thing that ever happened to me” :woot:

Honestly feeling that way right now, it's gotten my life back on track and got me slimming down considerably. The doctor estimated me at losing around 10-15kg since diagnosis and I still have plenty to go.

Amazingly well done @Caeseji You should be understandably very proud of yourself. I bet you feel like you're walking in air.

What did your Endo say to that result?

Good lord I really do feel like I am walking on air, even though it ended up being 10k steps around town yesterday :joyful: The endo looked overjoyed and was laughing along with me when I was halfway to crying. Said to keep up whatever I was doing because it was working and asked me if I was on insulin to which I replied I wasn't. So he took me right off the sitagliptin and left me on the met to keep up with weight loss but I don't think he expected to say to someone today that they are out of the diabetic range!

You absolute STAR....( and all the while being a little worried...:wideyed: )

makes me think you might of been a ringer..
i see what ya done...just posting in trying to lure us all into betting against ya dropping the HBA1c.....;)

No chance..:hilarious:

you came on strong checking for info and THEN put it all into practice.

well pleased for you.:D

Sorry jjraak but I have bamboozled all of you with my wily ways ;) Got to make my money somehow you know? Hahaha! You always do make me smile! It was time to make the change and get going with all this and eating **** good food and meeting some of the greatest people I have ever known through this forum :happy: