"Keto Crotch" .. or why you should never believe anything you read any more..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinating twitter thread about the rise of "keto crotch" the problem that no-one has ever reported having

Link to content removed, due to the language and profanity contained therein. DCUKMod

Apparently the titter link has some mild profanity which breaks DCUK forum rules.. sorry I hadn't noticed.
The guy who wrote the twitter thread is called John Zahorik so if you google his name along with twitter you should be able to find it. But watch out for the mild profanity if that is likely to offend. Thanks M

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I have it.... "Keto Crutch" - "a thing used for support or reassurance."

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now I know why I've always thought Ben Greenfield was an absolute ******- because he is. Tweets for sale, FFSo_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There have been a few "press" reports about this recently, I think there is a thread on here somewhere. I use the term press advisedly, as one report was from the Daily Fail.
Anyhow it seem to be more females "reporting" a problem, no hard evidence.
As a bloke who has been in ketosis for at least 4 months, I have not experienced any such thing, at least nobody has mentioned anything!

M

Member496333

Jackanory. Much like everything else doing the rounds in the anti-keto propagandasphere. Including most of the science. By science I mean sponsored statistical mumbo jumbo.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There have been a few "press" reports about this recently, I think there is a thread on here somewhere. I use the term press advisedly, as one report was from the Daily Fail.
Anyhow it seem to be more females "reporting" a problem, no hard evidence.
As a bloke who has been in ketosis for at least 4 months, I have not experienced any such thing, at least nobody has mentioned anything!
The Twitter thread shows that the whole thing has been "invented" and propagated by paid for reports from very few people.. it has then spread around the world and become a "thing" even though the "evidence" is thin if existent at all.. very frightening.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
The Twitter thread shows that the whole thing has been "invented" and propagated by paid for reports from very few people.. it has then spread around the world and become a "thing" even though the "evidence" is thin if existent at all.. very frightening.

What is frightening is what else is complete tripe in modern 'science' Just how much of our modern knowledge is biased or corrupted so badly by politics or commerse. It cannot be just keto?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
What is frightening is what else is complete tripe in modern 'science' Just how much of our modern knowledge is biased or corrupted so badly by politics or commerse. It cannot be just keto?
Yes, same in the IT world, being a technologist I have seen what the big 3 in particular get up to, although Apple and Microsoft are playing nicely these days, in terms of cooperation.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Errm,,,
"dirty" keto ---> Keto Crotch??? :wacky:

(Sorry - my association of these two new terms gave me a good laugh...)

Robbity

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Why is it they have to keep on inventing new and outlandish claims just so the low fat crowd and big-pharma can keep profiteering off of us? Dirty keto crotch just honestly sounds twisted to me and now thanks to @Robbity that phrase is going to be repeating in my head at work today.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is funny and it should be pointed out that those with 'high carb crotches' are more likely to have thrush and infections 'down there' if their blood sugars are high.
It seems it is frighteningly easy to invent a myth.
Then there's the interesting human factor of our natural biases e.g. if I see a headline along the lines of coffee causes breast cancer I far more likely to be sceptical (being a female coffee addict). Ditto Keto Crotch which a sugar addict may take seriously if they are struggling with keto or low carb.
Sometimes I load up YouTube with Vegan videoes just to correct my bias but often I'll stay in the comfort of my echo chamber.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My newest favourite tweet

Screenshot 2019-03-06 at 15.45.41.png

Reactions: Flora123

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just remembered from 5 years back when I was first attempting to get into ketosis, reading a comment - I believe in relation to the use of Ketostix - from a man who could smell his waste ketones when he was urinating. Obviously a very short term smelly, but maybe such reports would be enough to trigger all this keto crotch nonsense.

Disclaimer: for the record this is a mere observation and in no way intended as a justification, but it does show how things can get twisted and distorted. :banghead:

Robbity

PS I have a pair of doggy dedicated crotch sniffers who've never shown any interest in that part of my anatomy...

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, thanks to this thread, I read the various articles that all seemed to blast the news around the western world at the beginning of March - I don't know how I missed them, let alone the local one online (NZH). Thank goodness for such a mercy?

It does in fact read like a bad dream, or a very strange food-detail in a dystopic-future movie - eating beans and grains ensures a healthy vagina, whereas fats and spices like tumeric, onions and garlic, does not. Well!

And the word 'stinky'! Ghastly word! As far as I could see it was entirely directed at we females - nothing at the blokey crotch. Supposed to be that a low carb diet with fat causes a gut-biome disruption that encourages infection was the idea behind it, if I read correctly. Eating spices and garlic and onions, coconut oil, and heaven forbid - animal products - as bad for vaginal health, and sensory aesthetics due to strong smelling food. Nothing about gut biomes being way-of-eating adapted, and all the complexity of that.

Yes, it does rather read like high-carb food-propaganda - agreed. Ditto for Anglo-Saxon dietary sensibilities. There was nothing about high blood sugars feeding candida, which low carb eating is the obvious dietary response/remedy, in the articles I read. Just that low-carb causes vaginitis, and a little flutter at the cause being a wonky gut biome. Not enough beans and grains.

Good grief.

A propaganda-hit below the belt for we spicey-food loving Keto women indeed.