High meat content sausages?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
You will need your own farm , Jim so that you can make your own milk, cheese, butter, sausages, bacon and eggs etc. :D
"We" get our milk, cream and butter from a local diary, we are going to Jimmy's Farm (the famous chap who does programmes with Jamie Oliver) to check out bacon and sausages. We get our eggs and meat mainly from a farmers market and I get my duck eggs from a small local farm. For reductions Morrisons is a good bet.

Reactions: Caeseji

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"We" get our milk, cream and butter from a local diary, we are going to Jimmy's Farm (the famous chap who does programmes with Jamie Oliver) to check out bacon and sausages. We get our eggs and meat mainly from a farmers market and I get my duck eggs from a small local farm. For reductions Morrisons is a good bet.
When I get a chance I am going to look into the local farmers here. There’s loads of em around. I nearly went this weekend but took the nipper elsewhere. (Trampolining and Taekwando).

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to keep quail - they are quiet, easy to raise and provide both eggs and meat.
They might be back on the menu before long, if self sufficiency becomes necessary.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having the Heck sausages tonight with cauliflower mash and wilted spinach- for some reason I put 3 bags on my shopping delivery so need to eat it up - hubby will also have a fried egg

D

Deleted member 308541

I often toy with making our sausages, but we don't eat enough to really get the decent practise in to the technique,
One of my favourite jobs is plaiting sausages, it's very relaxing to do.

We make about ten kilo at a time when we have enough bits and pieces to make them with. The binder we use is not gluten free, and probably not very low carb either. Nice spicy snags though,

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you'll find that any half decent butcher in the UK would mince up some steak for you. My local guy makes his own black pudding and other bits that sell out in hours .. Well I say local its about a 10 mile drive but we go once a week and stock up. His ducks breasts are also tastier and cheaper than the ones we used to get in France!

Yes we do similar. But nowadays we live in a town which is almost devoid of butchers and greengrocers and fishmongers. For us, like you, the proper butcher is a ten mile drive. As a child, living in central London, they were a two minute walk away. So I think things have dis improved, if that can exist. It’s why people are going round buying rubbishy food from supermarkets