1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

High meat content sausages?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Caeseji, Mar 11, 2019.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Sacrilege... or make your own....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

"We" get our milk, cream and butter from a local diary, we are going to Jimmy's Farm (the famous chap who does programmes with Jamie Oliver) to check out bacon and sausages. We get our eggs and meat mainly from a farmers market and I get my duck eggs from a small local farm. For reductions Morrisons is a good bet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · BANNED

When I get a chance I am going to look into the local farmers here. There’s loads of em around. I nearly went this weekend but took the nipper elsewhere. (Trampolining and Taekwando).

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I used to keep quail - they are quiet, easy to raise and provide both eggs and meat.
    They might be back on the menu before long, if self sufficiency becomes necessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. lovinglife

lovinglife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Having the Heck sausages tonight with cauliflower mash and wilted spinach- for some reason I put 3 bags on my shopping delivery so need to eat it up - hubby will also have a fried egg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

One of my favourite jobs is plaiting sausages, it's very relaxing to do.

We make about ten kilo at a time when we have enough bits and pieces to make them with. The binder we use is not gluten free, and probably not very low carb either. Nice spicy snags though,

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnme

johnme Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes we do similar. But nowadays we live in a town which is almost devoid of butchers and greengrocers and fishmongers. For us, like you, the proper butcher is a ten mile drive. As a child, living in central London, they were a two minute walk away. So I think things have dis improved, if that can exist. It’s why people are going round buying rubbishy food from supermarkets

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook