Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.....well was coughing up to 3am last night and eventually dropped off.....Mahoosive yawn to go with @Knikki and @helensaramay yawns. woke to an annoying 11 (no alarms thou!) on a steady 7 now, so thats good
@Mel dCP we never had really badly behaved kids when I was in school....we were too scared of getting a thump off the teachers!
@helensaramay that bread looks soooo good :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good luck Mel.
What would you have done to change things for yesterday’s lost kids?
Apart from put them in straitjackets and gaffer tape their gobs shut? I’m not sure there’s anything else I could have done, tbh. They’re almost finished school, are convinced there’s no point, and have zero respect for any teachers, especially supplies.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@porl69 I know how you feel with your cough. I'm now in my 4th week of coughing. My pump is on 180% basal, but I am getting better as this time last week it was at 200% basal. GP said it's a virus (big surprise!) so just have to let it run its course.
My daughter brought some Greek Mountain tea back from Crete. It seemed to help loosen up my cough, so I ordered more from Amazon. I must admit, my husband ordered it as he didn't have to pay the same again in postage.

It's obviously not a cure but it does make me feel a bit better for a while. . . . but so does chocolate, Magnums and gluten free cake!:)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Apart from put them in straitjackets and gaffer tape their gobs shut? I’m not sure there’s anything else I could have done, tbh. They’re almost finished school, are convinced there’s no point, and have zero respect for any teachers, especially supplies.

That’s so sad! I suspect all the futures they might have had have been wiped out by the move from the human to the machine. (I’ve been reading ‘Utopia for Realists’ by Bergman and ‘Romantic Economics’ by Noble). What a pity praise has been directed towards academic success at the cost of practical skills. However, behaviour’s another super-complex matter.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hamish and I went to a physio appointment yesterday and his progress was praised, well done Hamish!
The dressing’s off now. Did any of you have the childhood experience of peeling off dead sunburned skin? There was a treasure trove of non-viable skin under the dressing - sorry if too much information - but such a second childhood pleasure!!! Has to be some compensation for the pain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon everyone, it is wet and cold here, I went out this morning, but staying in this afternoon !!
Awoke on 6.5. so I am happy with that ( and I made a homemade veggie curry last night :hungry:) finished my book this morning and trying to decide on what book to start next :bookworm:

Heads up to any gardeners, my local Morrison's Barista Bar is giving away bags of used coffee grounds as fertilizer for the garden and to keep pests away ( the insect type) lol so now I have bag, Worms love coffee as much as we do and they turn the soil over and aerate it :)
Apologises if you are eating noodles of spaghetti o_O:p

K

Knikki

I have found a new cake orange sponge cake with chocolate gnash :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Been interesting day so as I have spent most of it below 4, which while not great, is no big thing. The advantage of not having to concentrate on much also helped. Back in the shed now, brew and jump in the hot tub. :)

Reactions: kitedoc

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Morning.

It's stopped raining here and I can hear, but no see, cloud to low, the RAF trainers flying around. Years ago you would see Harriers, Tornadoes and Helicopters flying too but not these days, they are rare :(

Still sat here laughing at the incompetent Westminister while looking at a lovely view out this here holiday shed.

Have a fun day.

Have some Typhoons around Keswick going up and down the Valley. Very loud!

Reactions: porl69

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely sunny day in the Lakes. An 8 miler done and levels good.
@Mel dCP the problem is, that years ago these children would not have been in school kicking their heels, but would have been out earning money, starting out in life.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all! Had a not too hideous day today, didn’t get changed or anything, which is always nice ;) bg steady as she goes, just a couple of corrections to keep me on the straight and narrow. While my target range is 4-7, I keep the wrist buzz alarms on my watch at 4.4 for low and 6.6 for high - so with a bit of luck I can correct before I go out of range. Seems to be working well so far. Hope you all had a good one!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yep - didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but then a couple of other things that I hadn't planned on doing at all suddenly became urgent... ever the way!

Now I'm home until Thursday morning. Yippee!! We can suit ourselves :joyful:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am to be commended for more or less good behaviour during a talk on Healthy Eating from an outside visitor who really hadn't got the measure of our students...or me. Not sure who needed to raid the biscuit tin more, 15 minutes before lunch, them or me, and I'm not normally even tempted to have any of the biscuits despite being the custodian of the supplies.

In fact, the need for biscuits was so strong there were willing and able volunteers to go to the local shop to top up supplies! (I've normally got to persuade someone to go... I'm limited in who I can ask to do this as, despite their age, most of mine are not allowed off campus independently, and a couple I can only send under strict conditions).

Last edited:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Night night fellow teabags. Just had a night of silly lows, off the scale on the Libre just saying LO, which I believe is below 2.1. Stayed that way for over an hour despite some biscuits, coffee with sugars. Finger test was saying 3.2, felt not too bad. Now at 6.2 some 2 hours later. No doubt will hit a huge high later, overnight.

Type 1 ; for those who dont like normal

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Night night all, happy (biscuity?) dreams.

champ200581

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening All!

Hope we're all well? its cold and wet here too but lets be honest we were back to work with bump yesterday and anything is a bit jaded after a hol ;)

So wondered if i can pass some thoughts by you all, as it seems like I've been feeling a bit lonely and rather like I'm the the only one paddling this canoe :(

I've ha this condition for 25yrs now and the last 6 months I'm really struggling, my partner think the yo-yo bloods co inside with the Libre fitting but I feel this is only as it's exposed the real patten rather than the split second check of the usual BM.....I want to keep the Libre but I'm not gaining the more level blood I'm like though the A1c is much,much better over all than it's been for the last 3 years....... I wonder if any of you have ever had counselling for the condition- I tend to anxiety bouts and when something in my life isn't proceeding to the plan I'd expect, I try and control it more and more.... with the diabetes I try and low carb but even doing this they reads aren't steady and then I get frustrated and go off the rails and totally off the rails :banghead: and eat the wrong thing :hungover: also anyone invested in the miow miow :happy: worth the money? :greedy:

Does any follow the Dc Bernstein method of control? and if so have you had success in the self hypnosis? I feel if could go totally cold turkey on the carbs for a period i could break the habit? :facepalm:

well sorry for the essay, LCHF dust cakes and tea for anyone who waded through it, there's no urgent reply needed, but if anyone has and thoughts or ideas it would be appreciated- I should mention my diabetic nurse is excellent and very supportive and I'm trying to get a pump but it does take a long time :rolleyes:

thanks for reading team you're super helpful xx