Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Soooo.... First time ever. Bolus pen jammed on around 2 units Into a 14U dose...
Another new needle has remedied the issue after a couple of airshot tests...?

Wish me luck tomorrow.. I feel,a change of reusable pen & cartrige tomorrow night... Tech, what the heck!
It worked during a primary airshot then it didn't when it mattered. :banghead:

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Time for a duvet sandwich, I reckon!

Had a moderately hideous day on the behaviour front attempting to teach Welsh in my “usual” school. Gave out lots of detentions, confiscated lots of phones. Their day was ruined by their behaviour and mine wasn’t. So I call that a win. Bloods good, my new method of setting my watch alarm around half a mmol inside my upper and lower boundaries has meant I’ve been able to stay pretty much within the lines all day. Minor hiccup just now with a 2.8 - I think my homemade curry may not have had as many carbs in as I’d calculated... I suspect a sneaky American total carbs rather than net may have slipped under my radar. Hey ho. It happens. I think it was for the bitter melon in the curry.

Sleep well, friends ❤️

champ200581

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all :)

Sorry it's very late..... Wednesday's run away with me in a must of motor break issues and complications with the Highways agency and 26t vehicles I'm struggling to insure:banghead:

@Mel dCP thank you greatly for taking the time to type all of that to give me an insight as to how you manage- frankly love, your a ruddy marvel :angelic: i know it's not easy but you're achieving what we aspire too so awesome work none the less:couchpotato:
I will read over and digest more when I'm less jaded :dead: @Robinredbreast so sorry to hear about your purse, :( there are some mean opportunists out there.

Much love for a restful night too all x

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Soooo.... First time ever. Bolus pen jammed on around 2 units Into a 14U dose...
Another new needle has remedied the issue after a couple of airshot tests...?

Wish me luck tomorrow.. I feel,a change of reusable pen & cartrige tomorrow night... Tech, what the heck!
It worked during a primary airshot then it didn't when it mattered. :banghead:

Only had a jam happen mid dose on a disposable pen. I must confess to being a bit naughty occasionally and only changing my basal needle once a day in the past to cut down on needle usage. That's been stamped out of me now as when I switched to Levemir it seems to dry and clog inside the needle if left on and air shots wouldn't work. Thought the Novopen was broken at first!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Only had a jam happen mid dose on a disposable pen. I must confess to being a bit naughty occasionally and only changing my basal needle once a day in the past to cut down on needle usage. That's been stamped out of me now as when I switched to Levemir it seems to dry and clog inside the needle if left on and air shots wouldn't work. Thought the Novopen was broken at first!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Thank you - I'd been meaning to ask if anyone else had experienced not being able to reuse a needle with Levemir. I can reuse the Novorapid one all day, usually, but not the Levemir one.

Morning all...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Good luck for tomorrow!
emoji1695.png

Thanks, so far so good'ish... Most odd, the airshot was fine prior to injecting then it seemed to jam 2u in doing the deed.
Starting to wonder if it was a loose needle in the screw on aperture that hadn't quite pierced the cartridge membrane?
I use Lantus.
Had this happen with the old syringes a few times.
Hey ho!

@Robinredbreast , that's a pain in the A&E about your purse. Lost a wallet years ago in a pub.
Turned out the bike jacket I was wearing had a hole at the bottom of the inside pocket. The wallet had dropped through & slid round the back, consealed by the leather?

Not sure if you use a bag? Maybe worth checking the lining...
Here's hoping you find it.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I had a needle once where there actually wasn't a hollow tube down the middle - it was just a little shaft of metal. Most odd and I couldn't believe it, so we examined it through a magnifying glass and it was true - no hollow bit at all!

Anyway - good morning, my lovelies :) A happy 4.9 for me, and peanut butter on w/meal toast for brekkie. Yum. Haven't had that for ages. Wondering if the other nut butters taste as nice on toast.....

Stay safe all of us, enjoy the day and be happy :joyful:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, awoke on a 10.5, probably a little bit of stress kicking in from yesterday afternoon ?
Work tomorrow, so going to transplant my tomato plants today, I have Gardeners delight and Roma, cucumbers are growing steadily and I have peppers too.
I did 2300,00 + steps yesterday, so chuffed with that, as my daily goal is 1500,00. so may brave the cold weather, wrap up warm and go for a nice long walk :)
Take care

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Evening all :)

Sorry it's very late..... Wednesday's run away with me in a must of motor break issues and complications with the Highways agency and 26t vehicles I'm struggling to insure:banghead:

@Mel dCP thank you greatly for taking the time to type all of that to give me an insight as to how you manage- frankly love, your a ruddy marvel :angelic: i know it's not easy but you're achieving what we aspire too so awesome work none the less:couchpotato:
I will read over and digest more when I'm less jaded :dead: @Robinredbreast so sorry to hear about your purse, :( there are some mean opportunists out there.

Much love for a restful night too all x

Thank you @champ200581, unfortunately these things happen, have a good day yourself :)

Reactions: champ200581
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
RRB, please get a scanner ... missing images and memories hurt a lot. Never take a risk. Take care

Mike

Thanks Mike, I will look into a scanner. Hope life is being good to you, take care :)

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you - I'd been meaning to ask if anyone else had experienced not being able to reuse a needle with Levemir. I can reuse the Novorapid one all day, usually, but not the Levemir one.

Morning all...
This is definktely a Levemir trait which I never saw with Lantus. There are a couple of mentions of it happening when searching on this forum but I found this thread on the DAFNE forum which convinced me it can't be the pen.

Good morning all, hope you have a good day whatever you're up to.

Not been well the last couple of days but back to it today. Hopefully be able to eat more without just chucking bolus in every so often to stay out of double figure territory.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks, so far so good'ish... Most odd, the airshot was fine prior to injecting then it seemed to jam 2u in doing the deed.
Starting to wonder if it was a loose needle in the screw on aperture that hadn't quite pierced the cartridge membrane?
I use Lantus.
Had this happen with the old syringes a few times.
Hey ho!

@Robinredbreast , that's a pain in the A&E about your purse. Lost a wallet years ago in a pub.
Turned out the bike jacket I was wearing had a hole at the bottom of the inside pocket. The wallet had dropped through & slid round the back, consealed by the leather?

Not sure if you use a bag? Maybe worth checking the lining...
Here's hoping you find it.

Thanks Jaylee, it was a big A&E pain ! I had a shoulder bag and a shopping bag with a few items in it, the 3 of us checked both bags afterwards. I will have look around for another purse.

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
An image of a used needle :wideyed::wideyed:

I hate to pee on your bonfire, but that image has been pretty much debunked as a fake now - the images are real but the captions aren’t. I’ll try to find the explanation I saw about it if I have a moment later.

Anyway, morning all! Day off teaching today. Sewing club, a few hours on first responder call and the horror of parents’ evening at my son’s school. Is it bad that I hope for a non-urgent job where the ambulance crew take ages to arrive and I miss it?

Bloods fine overnight, happy at a 5.8 so let’s see what the day brings, eh?