Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all, hope you're all well and BGs are behaving themselves.

Went climbing Tuesday night, followed by a 5k run and cycling to work yesterday. I think I may have overdone it, though, so taking a rest day today.

I'm sorry to hear about your purse, @Robinredbreast . You never know, it may turn up - mine did after being stolen once.

Fingers crossed :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I usually find that just when I think I might be getting a handle on it, it turns round and bites me in the bum. Not sure if I can say ass? I'll soon find out :D

Reactions: jackthejoker

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For today at least! (sorry! we all know the nature of this beast.......you've tamed it today, hope it carries on, but!)

Defo a lot of tongue in cheek from me @slip , been doing this too long. I can go for a couple of days with decent BG but can guarantee that it will come back and bite me in the butt.

Still I am savouring my moment:woot::woot:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Greetings fellow teabags hope you are all having a good day.

Something has gone seriously wrong in my type 1 world. For the first time ever , my BG for past 2 days have never hit double fugures. Mainly sitting between BG 5.5 and BG 7.5 which for me is unheard of. I had tweeked the pump slightly especially for mornings and seems to be helping.

I have finally cracked this type 1:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
Woohoo. Winner

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if I can say ass? I'll soon find out :D
Why not? Donkeys are fun! :cool:

Still struggling to stay in range after being unwell (though I feel much better) - I wonder if it's given me a bit of temporary resistance. I'll consider upping my basal instead of managing it temporarily with extra Fiasp shots.

Got my next batch of Libres prescribed this week and went to collect them. They aren't prescribable via GP in my area for some reason so my consultant seems to have to spend time signing them off for everyone who wants them. Also means I end up with a bunch of them in one go (if pharmacy doesn't want to split and do an owing). No doubt some clever person at the CCGs idea - not complaining as I'm lucky to get them, just feels like a less than efficient system they've set up for them.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good Morning all - and it's Friday :singing::playful::D

I thought yeserday was Friday and was absolutely gutted when my mate pointed out that it was Thursday but today - it really is Friday. Please nobody tell me it's Groundhog Day and I got it wrong again!!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good Morning Diabetnam!

Had a great day yesterday, smooth sugars, terrible weather... Sewing club was nice, CFR shift was great and came up with the goods (a lengthy wait with an elderly patient at the last minute) so I missed most of parents evening. Although if they say it’s going to be from 1600-1830 and I get there at 1745, I don’t expect most of the teachers to have gone home. Was quite cross really. Took my son to the ambulance station to replenish the oxygen masks we’d used on our patient and the station commander chucked him the keys to an ambulance so he could have a look around, fire it up, press all the buttons and play with the blue lights. He now says if he can’t get to train to be a pilot he’d like to be a paramedic, having had a laugh with the guys in the break room. He’s really interested everyone’s tales... and particularly like the fact that the lids for the wall bins in the back of the wagons are actually catflaps :D

I didn’t actually eat all day, until dinner at about 2030 - wasn’t intending basal testing, but it seems spot on until about 2000, when I dropped quite fast, about an hour after my basal steps up a little. Think I’ll knock it back a bit, I’ve had hypos straight after injecting for dinner the last two night running.

Wishing you all a decent day, I’m off to be a Biology teacher. See you on the other side x

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings fellow teabags hope you are all having a good day.

Something has gone seriously wrong in my type 1 world. For the first time ever , my BG for past 2 days have never hit double fugures. Mainly sitting between BG 5.5 and BG 7.5 which for me is unheard of. I had tweeked the pump slightly especially for mornings and seems to be helping.

I have finally cracked this type 1:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
Woohoo. Winner

Morning fellow teabags, knew I spoke too soon, back to reality with a BG 10.1 this morning. Had a small G& bitter lemon last night could that have pushed me upwards surely not??

Anyhoo have a great Friday all

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1523310290091.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good(ish) morning. Stuck outside the Drs again...waiting for an appointment about this chest infection. Meanwhile bloods are refusing to come down from 14. 8 units iob grrrrr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good(ish) morning. Stuck outside the Drs again...waiting for an appointment about this chest infection. Meanwhile bloods are refusing to come down from 14. 8 units iob grrrrr

Sending a virtual hug your way ((((((((( HUG) ))))))) hope your weekend will be a better one.

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning everyone and wishing you all a Happy Friday. I am promoting Flora plant based spread today, so hoping the weather doesn't turn out like it did yesterday ( cloudy, cold but dry at this moment) or it's going to be a veryy longggggggggg dayyyyyyyy.
I awoke on a 6.9, take care :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Sending a virtual hug your way ((((((((( HUG) ))))))) hope your weekend will be a better one.
Thank you Robs.....appt at 10.40....the 3rd appt for the same thing. Must be calm when I go in :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @smc4761 I may have talked that one in so to speak! Hope you get a handle on it soon.
@porl69 hope you get sorted soon too.
@Robinredbreast hope the weather stays dry and the marg spreadable!

@Knikki are you referring to the 'Bolitics'? (Short for Brexit Politics - honest! :hilarious:)

Edit to add: BGs have been really good of late - there I've cursed myself @smc4761