Removing libre sensor

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I started with a libre yesterday and all is going well so far, but I've got a question which I don't think was asked during the educational session.

How do I take the sensor off after the 2 weeks?? Does it just peel off like a plaster? Is there some sort of easier way to peel it off?

Any help much appreciated.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is think is highly dependent on how well it sticks to you, some people they will just fall off without any help (and need help with keeping it stuck on), for some (like myself) they stick like superglue, I have to use baby oil to try and help it come off - and even then it can be a challenge to remove it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So I started with a libre yesterday and all is going well so far, but I've got a question which I don't think was asked during the educational session.

How do I take the sensor off after the 2 weeks?? Does it just peel off like a plaster? Is there some sort of easier way to peel it off?

Any help much appreciated.

Hi, I am getting a 2 week trial this month on the 18th, so your question and any answers, will I'm sure help me. How did you find the Libre ?

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I am getting a 2 week trial this month on the 18th, so your question and any answers, will I'm sure help me. How did you find the Libre ?
To be honest it has been interesting, It is so much easier than finger pricking. Putting it on with the applicator is easy and painless. I cant wait till I get more data on it to see the graphs.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

The first few I used, I was peeling the sticky bit and sensor off at the same time, but it turned out to be a bit easier prising the sensor off the sticky bit first, then rolling the sticky bit off with my thumb.

Doesn't make a huge difference either way, but the latter method is a bit easier.

Some folks think the sensor filament is a needle and get a bit freaked out by the idea of moving the sensor around with a needle stuck in them, but it's not a needle, it's a flexible plastic-like filament, so you'll really not notice it coming out.

I cant wait till I get more data on it to see the graphs.

Yup, it's good for that! I'd recommend getting Sugar Surfing by Stephen Ponder, it's on kindle. Lots of good info on how to "read" cgm.

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Just taken mine off.
Peels off then wipe where its been with one of the two sterile wipes in the kit.Use the other to prepare the skin on your other arm (or where ever you're putting it) for the replacement sensor.
Sometimes it peels straight off sometimes as above the sticky needs to be rolled off with your thumb.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I took one off yesterday. It took a good 5 minutes. It was stuck like a limpet.

Reactions: porl69

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine comes off fairly easily. Other people I know seem to bump into a door corner and lose their sensor.
Unless you are going to wear the defunct sensors like an arm limpet collection. I suppose you will find out soon!
Someone asked me f mine was a nicotein patch today. Will have to make up an interesting response to the What (the hell) is that question that I get when the thing is exposed.....
Also does any else forget which arm they are meant to swipe or do you wear it on the same side constantly?

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Mine go two ways. Ripped off by a t-shirt or bra strap or cling to the bitter end. That does not mean they give readings mind....but they stick. It kind of is like a plaster. A fast one that doesn't want to come off with less hair burn. It honestly depends on how your skin reacts. My skin rejects both my libre sensors and pump sets before time so my skin is angry and red and there can be blood. Others pull then free as they walk to the bin then turn and carry on. You will find your own way.

Reactions: Tom.thomas61

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mine go two ways. Ripped off by a t-shirt or bra strap or cling to the bitter end. That does not mean they give readings mind....but they stick. It kind of is like a plaster. A fast one that doesn't want to come off with less hair burn. It honestly depends on how your skin reacts. My skin rejects both my libre sensors and pump sets before time so my skin is angry and red and there can be blood. Others pull then free as they walk to the bin then turn and carry on. You will find your own way.

Hate it when my bra strap rips mine off also....nightmare.
So far mine is holding up pretty good even after swimming 3out of 6 days of having it