Is breakfast essential?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wake up hungry. Always have. Used to love shredded wheat and cold milk-drool- but due to not been able to get a hold on morning levels now eat a 10 carb berry and yoghurt combination.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If seem to have that "Hadza" way of going about it.. I break the fast when I'm good & ready, around late morning.
Call it brunch.

I certainly can't eat on waking. Well, unless I happen to be low..

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Used to crave breakfast when it was an almond croissant and a cappucino then be starving again at lunch... now I can easily avoid it or have a spoon of almond butter if I fancy something with the black coffee.
I easily keep hold of my body fat so don't see the point of eating for the sake of some rule when not hungry...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hate, hate, hate breakfast. Always have, probably always will. I rarely eat before 1400, often not until 1800.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hate, hate, hate breakfast. Always have, probably always will. I rarely eat before 1400, often not until 1800.

Pretty much as late as 13.00 hours for me on certain days... "Breakfast" in our household just happens when it does.
Not dictated by the cockerel crow... Lol, the dog eats before I do. ;)

Reactions: LooperCat

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Break your overnight fast whatever time you want to, just don’t do it because Mr Kellogg said it was essential to do it first thing. He had a vested interest in that lie and he’s also responsible for routine circumcision in male infants in the US on the grounds it would stop boys having impure thoughts and deeds.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Break your overnight fast whatever time you want to, just don’t do it because Mr Kellogg said it was essential to do it first thing. He had a vested interest in that lie and he’s also responsible for routine circumcision in male infants in the US on the grounds it would stop boys having impure thoughts and deeds.
Wow, OK??

Oddly Thomas Cook, a member of that whole temperance movement & by all accounts came up with the whole package holiday & tours in the mid 1800s to remove the temptation of impure deed & thought from young men at that time?

Lol, the company aquired the 18/30s club holiday brand some 120 years later.. ;)

Back on the subject. There is still a misconception that a diet for our T2 brethren is the same as for us T1s. I don't feel a structured 3 square meals these days with the advent of MDI & pumps let alone for a diet controlled T2?
Unless that's how the individual feels?
Of course I was diagnosed & put on 2 jabs a day of porcine with a set dosage.in the mid 1970s. Pretty much a slave to when & how many carbs. No matter what. Lol, plus advised to snack in between to avoid lows before the next meal or carry me through the night.. This pretty much equated to 4.5 set meals a day for an 8 year old... :banghead:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
he’s also responsible for routine circumcision in male infants in the US on the grounds it would stop boys having impure thoughts and deeds.
It didn't work in my case.