Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @porl69 I was not aware of that until today when I was reading other parts of the forum.

I am off to Icmeler, where i have been going for many years, love the place so relaxed and laid back as well as safe and clean resort
We are off to Icmeler in Sept again. It's taking ages to come around lol. Cant wait for a bottle or 2 of Efes....

Reactions: Knikki and therower

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do the carbs fall off the biscuit into the tea?

Aaaaaaarsk a Thermos flask, ask a thermos flask.
It's the only thing to know what's hot & cold
Ask a Thermos flask, that's it's only task.
It's a clever bit of tech that's what I'm told..

image.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just remembered, I don't drink tea either. Which is probably why I don't eat biscuits. Or maybe it's the other way round

Reactions: Knikki

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just remembered, I don't drink tea either. Which is probably why I don't eat biscuits. Or maybe it's the other way round

I just don't do the taste of tea. Love coffee. I tend to forget I have a cup nearby & tend to glug it cold.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just don't do the taste of tea. Love coffee. I tend to forget I have a cup nearby & tend to glug it cold.
Yes, I do that too. Or have half a cup left for hours, so rather than waste it, must top up with some more coffee granules and hot water. My nearest and dearest think that is disgusting ,but I'm not the one fishing soggy broken biscuits from the bottom of a cup.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are off to Icmeler in Sept again. It's taking ages to come around lol. Cant wait for a bottle or 2 of Efes....

Hi @porl69 , have you been before. Where are you staying and do you have any usual haunts if you have been before. I have been about 20 times or so

Reactions: porl69

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A rather excellent day diabetes wise.
Full English with pre bolus and top up during eating worked a treat ( makes a change :)). Didn’t go above 8 after eating. That’s good in my world.
An hours cardio dropped me into the 4’s, 2 Rich teas sorted that ( biscuits are today’s must eat treat ).
Pre bolused prior to a meal out tonight. Top up as food was served. Enchilada was lovely. Somehow I’ve got it about right again. Cruising nicely at 6.
So the one thing that is guaranteed now is this...............tomorrow will be totally different :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @porl69 , have you been before. Where are you staying and do you have any usual haunts if you have been before. I have been about 20 times or so
Wow. This is our 5 time to Turkey. 2 in marmaris and 2 icmeler. We stay at Ekinci Palace. Basic but it does us. Everywhere as you know is amazing to eat. Would really recomend the Megadianna boat trip. Have a few meals at 7 brothers in maramaris. And you have got to go and para glide

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. This is our 5 time to Turkey. 2 in marmaris and 2 icmeler. We stay at Ekinci Palace. Basic but it does us. Everywhere as you know is amazing to eat. Would really recomend the Megadianna boat trip. Have a few meals at 7 brothers in maramaris. And you have got to go and para glide

We have stayed all over Icmeler but going back to Oren Hill apartments, about 5 minutes from your apartments a bit further into village area. For boat trips we normally go on the smaller boats with no loud music just a nice relaxing day with lovely food. Para gliding for me would be a no no, I am not great with heights. I asssume that you need to let your insurance company know you will be para gliding.

Have a great time when it comes

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good morning guys :)

It is my husband's birthday and I booked a day off work. We were going to go out but sadly the car is with the mechanic until he's sorted out some noise it's making. He and husband know what it is but Carl's a mate and said he'd do it as it would be quicker and easier. Mate's rates too!

So - until we get the car back we're here at home. I thought of suggesting I cook up some seitan and we have steak & chips for dinner. Or seitan in some other form. Lots of ways to prepare it once I've made the basic gunk. Wait and see - we're still at the silence & coffee stage of the morning at the moment..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning guys, it's Friday again. Awoke on double figure's and the Libre showed steady, but I still took a correction, so will check again soon, finger prick too.
Happy Friday, hope you have a good one :)

Reactions: therower
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning guys :)

It is my husband's birthday and I booked a day off work. We were going to go out but sadly the car is with the mechanic until he's sorted out some noise it's making. He and husband know what it is but Carl's a mate and said he'd do it as it would be quicker and easier. Mate's rates too!

So - until we get the car back we're here at home. I thought of suggesting I cook up some seitan and we have steak & chips for dinner. Or seitan in some other form. Lots of ways to prepare it once I've made the basic gunk. Wait and see - we're still at the silence & coffee stage of the morning at the moment..

Hope the car get's back on the road soon. Happy birthday to Mr WuTwo, I hope he has a fab birthday :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't drink tea, really never got the taste.

But in the interest of science and being a lardy, fat ass I will experiment with various coffee biscuits combos tomorrow and shall dunk to my hearts content going :p while all you lot are going :***: filthy, filthy :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Have dunking good day @Knikki :):happy:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 this morning, bound to mess this up today :D - it's Friday!

I like coffee but to me coffee is coffee, theres never that much difference in taste. Tea on the other hand - theres so many different types and flavours - this may hark back to primary school where we had a Sri Lankan girl (it wasn't called Sri Lanka then!) in our class (back in the day where I lived they were the only non-white family!) one day her and her mother came in to school and did a theme day where we made and sampled different Ceylon teas and the girls were shown how to wear Sarees - I remember that day like it was yesterday but it was almost 40 years ago!