Intermittent 24 hour fasts. Started a few days ago.

charlie000

Doesn’t much matter who it was. You can’t possibly be prediabetic with a hb1ac that high. And with figures like you’re providing above then of the two options prediabetic looks more likely than hb1ac of 105. Maybe it was read wrong! I’d be getting it double checked though, though getting a copy of it from you gp might clarify it if it’s just a misreading mishearing situation.

Yes I’m very confused. But I’m working hard to reverse this condition. And change my life

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
In that case I'd suggest eating lunch..
I always get my lowest bloods when extended fasting but as we all know everyone is individual.
Well, last night I carried on not eating, but had 5 chipped butternut squash off hubby's plate to see what happens, as I have never eaten that before, it was a bit of a test. Tested 90 mins later and my bloods were 4.9 that was around 8pm.. Have got chicken with cabbage tonight. I am craving white cabbage of late lol

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was given a HBA1C of 105. Of which I'm not sure is correct, I used to have this issue, but now it's gone away strangely. I would concur with @bulkbiker your liver may be dumping excess sugar, to use as fuel.

I don't understand why BG dump decreases when you cut our go low carb. My carbs are extremely low, not even 15g of carbs, probably 10 max! A lot lower than 200+ carbs a day that I was doing...

I ALSO starteed heavy weight lifting and became more active... it was magic
I usually find that if I eat some cheese my levels go lower

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually eat around just under 20 carbs a day. For instance last night for evening meal I had minced beef with Cauliflower and Broccoli Mash. That is all I had all day. I have not eaten yet today..My blood is 5.8 I know if I have a babybell cheese,within an hour my blood will be around 5.2 My blood levels seem better when I eat lunch
I agree with BulkBiker because somewhere on Dr Fung’s site he mentioned that if your glucose goes up when fasting, it had to have come from somewhere. Your body had it stored away and is now releasing it. Basically, it is not a bad thing.

I also had to laugh about eating cheese to decrease your glucose. For me, a nice glass of red wine really decreases my glucose response to dinner. Yes, I know it goofs up the metabolism, but I am always surprised how steady my glucose is with that glass (or two) of red wine when I go out for dinner. Wine vs cheese vs wine vs cheese...... Such difficult choices. LOL

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I agree with BulkBiker because somewhere on Dr Fung’s site he mentioned that if your glucose goes up when fasting, it had to have come from somewhere. Your body had it stored away and is now releasing it. Basically, it is not a bad thing.

I also had to laugh about eating cheese to decrease your glucose. For me, a nice glass of red wine really decreases my glucose response to dinner. Yes, I know it goofs up the metabolism, but I am always surprised how steady my glucose is with that glass (or two) of red wine when I go out for dinner. Wine vs cheese vs wine vs cheese...... Such difficult choices. LOL
He he, Oh I often have a glass of wine with dinner and, sometimes wine and cheese..Yes, red wine does help keep the sugar levels low.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
He he, Oh I often have a glass of wine with dinner and, sometimes wine and cheese..Yes, red wine does help keep the sugar levels low.
Meant to say...If I eat an apple with cheese, I do not get a spike, but without cheese, a spike but not bad