1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Intermittent 24 hour fasts. Started a few days ago.

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by charlie000, Apr 18, 2019.

1. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Why would your HbA1c be tested in A&E ??

Makes little sense, and if it really was 105 you have a serious condition of T2D

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. charlie000

charlie000 · Well-Known Member

Yes I’m very confused. But I’m working hard to reverse this condition. And change my life

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. charlie000

charlie000 · Well-Known Member

I was taken in to hospital for AFIB and they do a full bloods always?

4. derry60

derry60 Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Well, last night I carried on not eating, but had 5 chipped butternut squash off hubby's plate to see what happens, as I have never eaten that before, it was a bit of a test. Tested 90 mins later and my bloods were 4.9 that was around 8pm.. Have got chicken with cabbage tonight. I am craving white cabbage of late lol

5. derry60

I usually find that if I eat some cheese my levels go lower

6. Kailee56

Kailee56 LADA · Well-Known Member

I agree with BulkBiker because somewhere on Dr Fung’s site he mentioned that if your glucose goes up when fasting, it had to have come from somewhere. Your body had it stored away and is now releasing it. Basically, it is not a bad thing.

I also had to laugh about eating cheese to decrease your glucose. For me, a nice glass of red wine really decreases my glucose response to dinner. Yes, I know it goofs up the metabolism, but I am always surprised how steady my glucose is with that glass (or two) of red wine when I go out for dinner. Wine vs cheese vs wine vs cheese...... Such difficult choices. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. derry60

He he, Oh I often have a glass of wine with dinner and, sometimes wine and cheese..Yes, red wine does help keep the sugar levels low.

8. derry60

Meant to say...If I eat an apple with cheese, I do not get a spike, but without cheese, a spike but not bad

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook