What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Yes, I looked it up. I’m a little perplexed but will continue to read and balance it somewhere. I’d struggle with the milk issue... I’m a huge tea fan ..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there @Bubbsie and @MisplacedIdentity . We are all playing a long game. I can't see "fasting" (beyond overnight) as a winning tactic. It would most likely make me say "Stuff It!" and head to the local shop for beer and Cornish pasties.
I think it is very much horses for courses to be honest @True Blue. Personally, fasting for 1 or 2 days is far easier and more enjoyable than either faffing about analysing meals or eating some of the meals that ketoheads would foist on me.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Prince harry's wife..;)

(**** too late..should have refreshed before post..:***: )
Never too late for humor, you did better than me though I was trying to imagine what Pagans eat.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it very much horses for courses to be hoest

Exactamundo.

it's a guide not the TEN Commandments.

there will be NO smoting of disbelievers.

We all must find our own path by listening to others AND our bodies as they sigh blissfully or complain bitterly.
at each step of the journey.

For me the fasting trail is yonder, shaded and dark.

but who knows, maybe i'll get brave and cut a trail through the dense undergrowth soon
and find myself in the clearing ahead, and have my day basking in the sunshine, alongside so many others.

but until then.... "Pegan..wagons roll...:D "

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never too late for humor, you did better than me though I was trying to imagine what Pagans eat.

haha..i do have a cheeky answer, but not for here..loL

and it maybe i'm just an old school petrol head..but
everytime you post, i'm now looking for the VAUXHALL wording underneath..:hilarious:

yes, i know i'm being cavalier..sorry ;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there @Bubbsie and @MisplacedIdentity . We are all playing a long game. I can't see "fasting" (beyond overnight) as a winning tactic. It would most likely make me say "Stuff It!" and head to the local shop for beer and Cornish pasties.
I'm back to a tiny snack right before bedtime TB (stopped that to see how things went)...last night had a small disc of chocolate en route to bed as I used to do...roughly about the size of 50p piece...somehow that seems to work better for me...my FBG is in essence not my main priority but it can get me off to a good start

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up finally ..feel very unrested,, but off today, so handy but still much to do.

meeting friends on sunday god willing in newbury
so bike to clean and some prep..( less hells angels more hairy bikers
but good crowd either way. )

Cramp now gone...TF...( thanks Fred..god of cramps ;) )

Checking in my FBG wardrobe and my bloods have decided to wear one of my personal favourites
a slinky, two piece number, understated yet still rather sexy 5.6,..so i'm quietly pleased with its choice.

2 x 6.plus , 3 x 5.plus and one x 4.plus :***:, yesterday so i think your right @PenguinMum
holiday lag, and it's starting to come down slowly.

best wishes for today, thoughts with you for good news.:)

@JohnEGreen
liked the post re friends attitude,
dreadful what it costs these days..(Note to self: attend to similar soon)
and hugs for the day.
hope it's an enjoyable afternoon despite the news.

@PatsyB ..best wishes the foot doesn't impact too much today
@OrsonKartt ..sounds like a great meal..and info appreciated.

@Goacher55 ..hahaha..but what anice way round to get the mix up..at least you got the company of @PenguinMum...;)

@MisplacedIdentity ..as said food can lower bg's as well..weird huh.:rolleyes:

and finally thank you to all for the hugs and advice..much appreciated.
and @gennepher thanks for that.. strangely..(blush) i had indian tonic water last night..
it looked lonely so i introduced it to Mr Vodka..seemed to get on swimmingly..

so i don't think that helps me, sadly.

@zauberflote ..i do have some imperial leather i think..may try..whats to lose,
but i think the old mag tablets and spray are the most likely ways forward.

did think i'd drank enough fluids yesterday..tea-a-holic these days, but maybe not enough water.
.mmhh will montor better today/tonight.

Good day all, looks nice out here in the sunny capital so far
but weather warning of high winds today and sat..:wideyed:
so if in town do take care.:nurse:

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Yes, I looked it up. I’m a little perplexed but will continue to read and balance it somewhere. I’d struggle with the milk issue... I’m a huge tea fan ..
Me too.... I went over to having lemon in my tea rather than milk , now a couple of years later I have it black.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having had a reasonable start with my FBG I can feel it rising by the second...I was in London on Wednesday previously hadn't been there since the 15th of March...yet my Congestion Charge (CC) statement shows I have been charged for three entries this month...called their direct line for CC...it is closed now waiting in the complaint line...surprise it's surprisingly busy:banghead::banghead::banghead:...not fudging surprised...BG still at 5.9 expected to rise:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 07.15 however it was 4.6 at 04.30...how do I know that? Woke up and decided to go down to kitchen for glass of water and glanced at the mantlepiece clock in the shadows on the way..06.20 ..oh well might as well test since its morning. So did and was very pleased with myself. Climbed back into bed said to OH nearly time for you to get up isnt it dark? Wot he says its just gone half four!!!
@SaskiaKC another PM on here? @Goacher55 good luck with the tests.
@Bubbsie you got off light but its so annoying that there isnt anything suitable on these occasions. I was recently in both M&S cafe and Sainsbury cafe and there was nothing but sandwiches, cake the only option would have been soup without the roll but it wasnt that time of day.
@Debandez great stories and pics, making me laugh whch is needed.
These travelogues are almost as good as being there..well almost!
Have a great day everyone. Stay well, stay safe, and dry if you’re out.
Glad you are enjoying my holiday :) feel free to book ahead for my next one. A cruise around the med in August :) I'm hoping for lots of laughs along the way. We start in Rome. Fancy it?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 6.9 high for me these days. Schedule completely shot bc of being on vacation. That's my excuse!
Ugh @gennepher many hugs for your situation. Bureaucracy is the pits. Also poor kitty! If your avatar is your cat, I have to tell you! I had a black cat named Jenny until a couple of years ago. At least half Siamese. Neurotic, huge vocabulary, could cuss you out in 4 languages...
@PenguinMum too-- I'm on app on iphone and subscribe isn't one of my choices just going to have to remember where it is. Usually I am automatically taken to "last post read" in a thread I've posted in. Tags? I see no tags... World Penguin Day eh! Love it!
And re your Ploughman's eating only cheese, I remember an occasion in a UK airport in 1994 when I was avoiding white bread (as always actually) and had to buy the whole tuna sub to get the tuna salad, and they were being made to order, so really they could have wrapped a blob of tuna, right?
@ianpspurs oh man yess I like your thinking on the stress thing, and the relation of body composition to what happens how when. I don't have the free brain space atm for your kind of self-experiment (or whatever we'd call it). I am behind you in LC by (?)years? and IF through lunch still helps, some days tremendously. But numbers still All Over the map, and since all I do is keep a general idea of circumstances in my head, I'm more or less flailing in the dark. As to LC being village shop, I agree and disagree. You've seen me declare delicious stuff you wouldn't feed your chooks, and I admit I'm a nuts and seeds lover. My range of taste is Middle American... so a much lower bar than yours! Fruit, however.... I'm sad about fruit....and all-vegetables-all-the-time.
@OrsonKartt I still have the touring bike I bought in 1973! I also love mine. Haven't ridden in some years; too many arthritic hip/hip replacements spread too far apart. All better now, must get new tires and brake pads and ride!
@DJC3 how cool to find long ago friends like that!
@goacher how frustrating! I'd agree on the "perma cold". Have you seen a dr about it....?
@Bubbsie my son's spandex biking shorts just sprang regrettably to mind-- they had a gel crotch liner. May still be available? And, where I come from "nix" is frome the Yiddish frome the German "nichts", meaning...."nothing". Bet it's the same derivation. Or is this a specifically current T May ref?
@Pipp years ago I read something that made reference to some science about just smelling sweet stuff sending your system out of whack. You were breathing sugar for real! I have to have a piece of 90% choc in my mouth to bake sugar sweets safely!
@OrsonKartt here "to chivy" means to harass or pester into doing a thing.
@Debandez wow for Telegraph-- this is on top of the Guardian, was it? (sorry, can't keep track of your newspapers...)
@jjraak oh my gosh I had inner hysterics reading your fractured Two Towers version. Did Smeagol and Gollum try to talk each other out of it first?
Thanks @HarrisonK I use this only on my phone, never use computer, nor my alerts, etc etc, so I have to use my head to remember where I am. I think I've got it!
Memo to self: stop looking in mirror while dressing. It's depressing for the opposite reason it used to be! I never knew the belly could be wrinkled!!!When I was 42 I lost this much weight on low cal low fat, as one did, and swore to myself it was going to be the Last Time because I already knew older skin was not as elastic. Now seeing non-elastic in spades,,,,, yuk!
I found someone who likes to talk as much as me ;-) can you imagine us on a night out together!!! Haha. I love it! As for guardian newspaper, well I've no idea, I've lost track myself :) !!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Had lots of carbs yesterday including a lovely lunchtime Chicken Waldorf Salad, homemade with of course apple. Baked beans with the breakfast, Ryvita with guacamole as my supper starter.

Was expecting to be punished and got a flippin' FBG of 9.8 just now. But I had my suspicions that my fingers were wet from hand-washing which put moisture on the test strip contacts.

Dried hands, got new test strip untouched except by tissue paper, repeated test, with a result of 8.5 mmo/lt, my usual.

Hope I'm not droning on too much. To quote the late George Burns, after he spent about a minute lighting a cigar on live TV, "Sorry to keep you all waiting, When you get to my age, this gets to be exciting".
Chat away, we love that in this thread :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you eat pork
you cant go wrong here.
I used to love roast pork Orson...we used to buy it at the the Ginger Pig butchers in Borough Market...that was of course before Borough Market became Uber trendy (we could afford it then)...however an unfortunate incident with a joint we bought that had the nipples still attached put me right off it...are we allowed to mention Nipples here?...if not apologies in advance:wideyed:

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8. I'm over the moon. I'm on my jolies and expected much worse. For one I'm on a half board basis. So breakfast and dinner in hotel. Trying to make good choices. But not everything labelled and what is labelled can be ambiguous for example the omelette I chose was actually a Spanish omelette and included potato, which I didnt realise until I had demolished the lot funnily enough ;-). It was only a smallish square as it happens. A taster in my book. As much of this buffet food is. I'm glad I'm only here for 1 week to be honest (she lied).

Decided to eat out last night so I could just get naked. By that I mean I fancied a burger. I always ask for a naked burger. No bun. This should be fun I thought to myself. I hope it doesnt get lost in translation. I might end up arrested! I want to see everything Corralejo has to offer but the inside of the local jail wasn't in my plans!

As luck would have it the restaurant we fancied the look of and that had brilliant TripAdvisor reviews didnt have burgers on the menu. Only discovered after we had sat down, ordered wine and water and had made ourselves at home! So no awkward moments ordering king prawns in chili sauce (checked with chef, no added sugar) and a big juicy steak with salad. Sadly it came with dauphinoise potatoes slapped on the side. I cant win! Noisy little blighters they were. Shouting 'eat me eat me!!!'. Persuasive too. I had 2 spoons to keep them happy!

Just a quick post today as it's our last day and going to make the most of it. Lots of walking. Managing to get lots if steps in over here. Love a nice long walk. Especially when there are such lovely views!!

Have a good day everyone.

Attachments

• 20190425_151054_resized.jpg
    20190425_151054_resized.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 238