No one regulate bogus diabetes products?

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
I come across the above product advertisement in fb. I think it is unethical to make such claims to diabetic patients like using it will lower bg to normal range by using it a few days.

There is another company marketing grapeseed extract with before and after pics with a glucometer showing similar results.

No authority is monitoring such health threatening marketing?

[link removed by moderator as per forum ethos rules. Agreed it does look bogus.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DianaMC

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
It's an interesting question. I wonder if complaints to facebook would make them take it down? A careful look at their website suggests the return address is in Canada, but of course that may be a completely bogus address. I certainly doubt that English is the company's first language.
Yes! It works very well. There's countless clinic reasearch on the individual ingredients contained in the Diabetic Patch.

I couldn't find a company name and the only linked papers are into research that rehmannia may improve glucose tolerance and arthritis in rats. Honestly, if a "natural" remedy was going to have an affect on my metabolism, I'd want to have a link to some clinical trials to say that it was safe. (I mean, deadly nightshade is natural, but I certainly wouldn't recommend eating it.)
Maybe report to the US food and drug administration?
https://www.fda.gov/

DianaMC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I see it appears this is being sold on UK EBay, too - from a seller in China. Having looked at an article on the use of Chinese medicine (TCM) in diabetes treatment, I don’t feel so cynical. I had TCM to help with stress related illness - exhaustion and eczema - when I first started experiencing chronic health problems and it helped me get back on my feet. So I’m maybe more willing to accept there’s something to it and that it’s a positive approach - albeit different to the allopathic medicine typically followed in the West (which has made me more ill at times, due to the side effects of prescribed drugs!)

Here is the article I read - it’s quite long and you need to read down to the bit on herbal medicine to get the reference to rehmannia and how that herbal extract is relevant:

http://spectrum.diabetesjournals.org/content/14/3/154

Reactions: millenium
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes, they're targeting the elderly. It's just wrong.

What age group is elderly ? IMO, any bogus recommendations should be made illegal and the person brought to justice, it is so wrong !!

Reactions: millenium

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It seems like there are some kind of data collection on online activities. They can somehow picked up what stuff I keyed in e.g. blood glucose stuff and show me advertisements on bogus diabetic marketing like these. The comments from potential users are alarming with the kind of hope they have.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I come across the above product advertisement in fb.

I tend to treat everything on FB as BS. There a few things I follow which I have already researched and trust. Anything that doesn't seem right usually isn't. With new sources I might find some time to substantiate claims made and once in a blue moon it's accurate.

We're a trusting lot us humans, and there are too many unscrupulous types who will take advantage of that.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I come across the above product advertisement in fb. I think it is unethical to make such claims to diabetic patients like using it will lower bg to normal range by using it a few days.

There is another company marketing grapeseed extract with before and after pics with a glucometer showing similar results.

No authority is monitoring such health threatening marketing?

[link removed by moderator as per forum ethos rules. Agreed it does look bogus.]
Unscrupulous persons have been marketing snake oil since the dawn of mankind.

This is why a glucometer should be a must for everybody with a T2DM diagnosis.
No matter the claims made about a product, a glucometer will tell if the claim is credible - end of:dead:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
deadly nightshade is natural,
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Aubergines
Paprika
Bell peppers

Are all deadly night shade vegetables related to belladonna but unlike belladonna are not lethal in the short term.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unscrupulous persons have been marketing snake oil since the dawn of mankind.

This is why a glucometer should be a must for everybody with a T2DM diagnosis.
No matter the claims made about a product, a glucometer will tell if the claim is credible - end of:dead:

The way it is marketed is alarming. Even meformin do not has the effect like their products. Works more like precise amount of insulin.

Unknowing patients looking for their easy way out will have their condition worsen in a short time.