What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG Sat 5.6 so snap @ianpspurs ! :)
@gennepher "computers will make our lives so much easier!" they tell us. Ha! If they did, my son and all other IT experts in the world would be without jobs. And "helpful" customer service double Ha!! You are supposed to be learning to hear, not making a full-time unpaid job out of what somebody already got paid well to do pitifully pathetically...
@Goacher55 we ought to get together sometime and be unashamedly geeky together. My father was a geek and a nerd before they ever existed, I am a music nerd who loves math (doesn't mean I understand it but I love to pretend I do), I raised a geeky nerd not even biologically related to me or Dad, and how much more perfect can it get?
@SaskiaKC I just remembered, Mr ZF's sister and fam used to live in Paducah some years back, left for a long time, and now coming back to Hopkinsville for their second careers! My Kroger carries pastured chicken eggs if you have a Kroger. And hooray clean windows! I don't let people in my house from 4-5pm lol.
@jjraak not only did you make me giggle at "your" purple prose, you reached the 4's!!! Way! To! Go!
@dunelm I thought you were already in my CMT but not so. I took the liberty of adding you to my recipe circle. What a family reunion!
@trick60 Marty Feldman I laughed out loud Haven't thought of him in years.
Ok @jjraak I am loving your storytelling and have to say, I've been eating alot of Crispie Dunnies, and they've been having a beneficial effect for me. One time bg went down after CD eaten! Wonder if this is island magic?
@Krystyna23040 and @jjraak I also have chronic allergic asthma, for which I take 3 pills, 2 inhalers, and a steroid nasal spray, not to mention the neti pot. LC has been somewhat helpful also. I take a med that has a side effect of taking away some of your lung power, but I make do. All this stuff I take is maintenance, every day forever. It's worked well for me. I'm walking early in the morning and so far all I get is a runny nose, which I never otherwise get.
Saskia, I can't believe I missed the Kentucky Derby... last year I was in a sports restaurant by coincidence, so saw it.
Welcome @Shas3 !
Thank you for the add.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak - will definitely try the ginger tea - so thank you for posting the recipe. CWC is my absolutely favourite way to start the day - so thank you for clarifying what CWC stands for.
@zauberflote - great that your meds are working well for you. I think this year the ventolin inhaler hasn't worked that well for me but hopefully the tree pollen season will be over soon.

Another restless night. Husband thinks I hit him on the nose in the night - but surely he would have woken up if I had. He is nursing a swollen nose this morning.

Almost forgot to post fbs - it was 5.2 this morning.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.6 this morning at 6 am

I blame the rise on the stressful day yesterday fighting the app I need to control the new cochlear speech processor I have. I ate rather too much chocolate and nibbles trying to get me through battling it.

The app crashes once or twice a day, resulting in my phone also crashing. Then when I start phone up again, I have to reset the settings for volume control again, because either app crashing and/or phone crashing because of this, has put the volume control back to default setting of having that yellow bit on the higher end of volume saying you are going to hurt your hearing. And the consequences of this is that the app says it cannot find my processor and tells me to attach it to magnet in my head...I feel my head again...yes it is there...my head and the speech processor. Another performance of me breaking the processor into two (yes I can do this) and reconnecting so that Bluetooth has to find it again....etc...sign into Cochlear again, enable permissions again...

Then suddenly something is up. My phone asks me if I want to pair with Jayne's watch....

Who the heck is Jayne? I am in my potting shed in the garden. no one on the roof of the potting shed...no one hiding in my garden...

Then my phone tells me it is attempting to pair my processor with another device...

What device? I only have my iPhone on. Every other device I have Bluetooth off, airplane mode on, and is shut down. By this time I have every device I own in a Faraday Cage...apart from this phone.

But phone still says on screen it is attempting to pair my processor to another device. Where? Whose device?

Then it tells me my processor cannot be connected to my phone at all in the Apple settings. This means I cannot even stream sound or music from my iPhone. The processor has to be found by Apple settings for me to be able to use Bluetooth.

By this time I am in real tears. Two hours I try. Nothing doing...

I am eating too much chocolate by now. In my defence it is the 100% black chocolate, so it shouldn't upset my diabetes too much...should it?

I have been trying my best to outwit an essential app I need which keeps divorcing itself from my Cochlear speech processor. I need the app to run and adjust it etc.

Finally I looked on reviews for both iPhone version of app and Android version of app, in general the reviews are appalling with just about every user complaining to the developers of exactly the same problems as I am encountering.

The standard response of the developers is what? “We are very sorry. Contact Cochlear...”

The Android app was first started a year ago, and those complaints have been there from the start. The iPhone app was started July 2018, and exactly the same complaints there from the start. So nothing has changed in a year.

So I clicked on the Cochlear link the developers gave. And am greeted with a photo of a distinguished looking gentleman standing in an airport terminal, with the same model of speech processor as myself, and the words were something on the lines of ...”So easy to control and adjust from your iPhone...” and more amazing promotional rubbish. He is holding his iPhone adjusting his settings....

(...would you like to insert in these brackets every word you might think I might've used....)

Finally I signed out of the app to get some peace. But this means I have to go through a rigamarole to sign in, pair etc etc all over again...

An email is being written to send to all parties Cochlear, Apple, hospital, and anyone else I can think of...

Technology is off my list today Sunday and Monday. I will enter the technological affray on Tuesday...

Have a great day, or extra long weekend if you live in the U.K. May the weather be good for you.

>^..^<

Postscript: Just tagged you @zauberflote in case I said a bit more here than I explained earlier to you. Hope that is okay.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just caught up with 2 days posts - a very enjoyable read. Am still waking up in the night to take my ventolin inhaler so am finding it very hard to cope with a particularly busy time at work. I think the pollen isn't so bad this evening so 'fingers crossed ' that I have a better nights sleep. Yesterday 5.9 - today 5.1.
It’s hard because the garden is full of pollen at the moment.
I live with my asthma inhalers next to me. I think the pollen season has gotten longer and longer now. And there are rapeseed fields near me now.

I find very strong black coffee helps my asthma.

>^..^<

Reactions: Krystyna23040

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 at 08.15 later than should be but still disappointed as that rounds off a week of 6s and one 7. I did graze a bit yesterday but my bg pre dinner was 5. Anyway I need to get over myself. Walk on the coast might be on the cards today, with coat and scarf.
@SaskiaKC I enjoyed the MOW story and the fascinating exchange about drawing curtsins. Fyi I dont need to am not overlooked and need to take that into consideration if we ever move. Another tick for Cornwall @DJC3! What happened at the Derby?
@gennepher I cant believe the situation you find yourself in with the technology. These people who sent you home to deal with all this must have no shame.
We too had sun, rain, sleet, repeat yesterday. Hope @HarrisonK got his grass seed in conditions perfect.
Have a good Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe, wrap up warm.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yehhhhh! :D

I heard a knock; I called, "Yes, who is it?" and a MAN's voice called back, "Meals on Wheels!"

So I turned the water off -- smart move that, not -- because of course he could probably hear it stop -- and asked him to just please hang the bag on the doorknob. He was probably as glad to get away as I was to have him go!

And I've never seen him since that day -- he was a substitute, so he probably went looking for a different volunteer job. :D
Poor man :))
>^..^<

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s hard because the garden is full of pollen at the moment.
I live with my asthma inhalers next to me. I think the pollen season has gotten longer and longer now. And there are rapeseed fields near me now.

I find very strong black coffee helps my asthma.

>^..^<

I used to get really bad reactions to pollen (I have asthma and copd) and then my chemist recommended a salt pipe. I spoke to my doctor about it first and he wasn't averse to giving it a go. End result, I don't have pollen allergies anymore. Yes I have my asthma/copd but my yearly tests are positive. Might be worth at look at, all the best.

Edit to add -
I used to take 180mg fenofexadine, a prescription only antihistamine, to try to ease the hayfever. I no longer have to take it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs and Shas3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I cant believe the situation you find yourself in with the technology. These people who sent you home to deal with all this must have no shame.

It is bad. And I am not the only one. I know of others personally with same problems. It has been so frustrating and time wasting and upsetting. I intend to go much further with this.
The claws are out, and the battle commences next week. A campaign on this is developing....

You have a good day
Take care x

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to get really bad reactions to pollen (I have asthma and copd) and then my chemist recommended a salt pipe. I spoke to my doctor about it first and he wasn't averse to giving it a go. End result, I don't have pollen allergies anymore. Yes I have my asthma/copd but my yearly tests are positive. Might be worth at look at, all the best.
A salt pipe?
I will look it up and research that.
Thanks for the heads up.
Maybe my peak flow meter readings might improve?
Take care and have a good day
>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sat in the dining room in the place that we have rented for the weekend surrounded by children all demanding breakfast from those on breakfast duty. One of my grandaughters is sat next to me eating toast with chocolate spread on. A lot of it is smeared across her cheeks like some demented clown. Her friend Oliver is doing similar opposite.
I was here first and am still slurping koffy.
At 0600 the wonder wheel of fame, fortune and disappointment spat out a sprightly, bank holiday, 5.2
Have a great day if you can, we are planning a BBQ in the grounds of this fine house, subject the readings on the weather stone.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
I am the polite one of Alf's multiple personalities, he doesn't let me out often, but he and the rest of them have left a note, which heavily censored says

Bloods 6.6 this morning and gone motorbikin'

Have to make the most of this rare freedom. Bye.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
8.6 this morning at 6 am

I blame the rise on the stressful day yesterday fighting the app I need to control the new cochlear speech processor I have. I ate rather too much chocolate and nibbles trying to get me through battling it.

The app crashes once or twice a day, resulting in my phone also crashing. Then when I start phone up again, I have to reset the settings for volume control again, because either app crashing and/or phone crashing because of this, has put the volume control back to default setting of having that yellow bit on the higher end of volume saying you are going to hurt your hearing. And the consequences of this is that the app says it cannot find my processor and tells me to attach it to magnet in my head...I feel my head again...yes it is there...my head and the speech processor. Another performance of me breaking the processor into two (yes I can do this) and reconnecting so that Bluetooth has to find it again....etc...sign into Cochlear again, enable permissions again...

Then suddenly something is up. My phone asks me if I want to pair with Jayne's watch....

Who the heck is Jayne? I am in my potting shed in the garden. no one on the roof of the potting shed...no one hiding in my garden...

Then my phone tells me it is attempting to pair my processor with another device...

What device? I only have my iPhone on. Every other device I have Bluetooth off, airplane mode on, and is shut down. By this time I have every device I own in a Faraday Cage...apart from this phone.

But phone still says on screen it is attempting to pair my processor to another device. Where? Whose device?

Then it tells me my processor cannot be connected to my phone at all in the Apple settings. This means I cannot even stream sound or music from my iPhone. The processor has to be found by Apple settings for me to be able to use Bluetooth.

By this time I am in real tears. Two hours I try. Nothing doing...

I am eating too much chocolate by now. In my defence it is the 100% black chocolate, so it shouldn't upset my diabetes too much...should it?

I have been trying my best to outwit an essential app I need which keeps divorcing itself from my Cochlear speech processor. I need the app to run and adjust it etc.

Finally I looked on reviews for both iPhone version of app and Android version of app, in general the reviews are appalling with just about every user complaining to the developers of exactly the same problems as I am encountering.

The standard response of the developers is what? “We are very sorry. Contact Cochlear...”

The Android app was first started a year ago, and those complaints have been there from the start. The iPhone app was started July 2018, and exactly the same complaints there from the start. So nothing has changed in a year.

So I clicked on the Cochlear link the developers gave. And am greeted with a photo of a distinguished looking gentleman standing in an airport terminal, with the same model of speech processor as myself, and the words were something on the lines of ...”So easy to control and adjust from your iPhone...” and more amazing promotional rubbish. He is holding his iPhone adjusting his settings....

(...would you like to insert in these brackets every word you might think I might've used....)

Finally I signed out of the app to get some peace. But this means I have to go through a rigamarole to sign in, pair etc etc all over again...

An email is being written to send to all parties Cochlear, Apple, hospital, and anyone else I can think of...

Technology is off my list today Sunday and Monday. I will enter the technological affray on Tuesday...

Have a great day, or extra long weekend if you live in the U.K. May the weather be good for you.

>^..^<
I think that your email should include all this as an example of “my latest encounter with the marvels of your wonder device”.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that sounds like a perfect evening, but giant hailstones? Blimey! We had a glorious sunny day but so deceiving - it was freezing cold, had to put the heating on last night.
I ventured out early for some shopping DJC...got back home and spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking & weather watching...on a selfish note I quite enjoyed it given comfort food was on the menu

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.9 this morning thought that might happen as actually stupidly forgot all about my meds till late last night so ended up taking prednisolone after 9.30 PM big mistake :arghh:

Reactions: karen8967 and Shas3