What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yehhhhh! :D

I heard a knock; I called, "Yes, who is it?" and a MAN's voice called back, "Meals on Wheels!"

So I turned the water off -- smart move that, not -- because of course he could probably hear it stop -- and asked him to just please hang the bag on the doorknob. He was probably as glad to get away as I was to have him go!

And I've never seen him since that day -- he was a substitute, so he probably went looking for a different volunteer job. :D

I can imagine the story he’d have told his friends that evening too! Sounds like the beginning of a dodgy blue movie.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 on the wheel of fortune at 0800. I am aware that if I got up earlier it might be lower but not today. We have two house virwings today which means I have to leave the house for an hour on two separate occasions. I do like this malarkey of the agents conducting the viewing without the owner but it can be awkward at times.
Had a second viewing yesterday but they’re still not sure which probs will lead to a silly offer.
@Debandez what a lovely post about your grandaughter. You are indeed blessed with such a lovely family but dont forget you have made it happen too.
@HarrisonK great weather for reseeding, sun, rain, sun, rain. Get out there quick. I am watching my reseeded front lawn like a hawk and LOVE rain o/n.
@zauberflote I love my kitchen floor and am grateful when the girls deposit things there rather than the newly carpeted downstairs.
@gennepher you have the patience of a saint and are very clever while still chalking up good BG.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Enjoy whatever you do. Stay well, stay safe.
Good luck with the viewings. Get the coffee perculator on, that will seal the deal!!!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just caught up with 2 days posts - a very enjoyable read. Am still waking up in the night to take my ventolin inhaler so am finding it very hard to cope with a particularly busy time at work. I think the pollen isn't so bad this evening so 'fingers crossed ' that I have a better nights sleep. Yesterday 5.9 - today 5.1.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum and @jjraak - my sleep deprived brain is trying unsuccessfully to work out what CWC is.

Coffee with cream..:)

Re ventolinin haler.

Asthmatic here.
Found ginger tea most helpful, personally.
Sliced ginger, boiled in water, left to simmer gently 10 mins..served lemon n honey pre Diabetic....served to reduce effects considerably...LC then did the rest.

But if you haven't tried it, I'd give it a go

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum and @jjraak - my sleep deprived brain is trying unsuccessfully to work out what CWC is.

Mine too. :)

Thank you, @jjraak for spelling it out.
thumbupleft.gif

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
FBG Sat 5.6 so snap @ianpspurs ! :)
@gennepher "computers will make our lives so much easier!" they tell us. Ha! If they did, my son and all other IT experts in the world would be without jobs. And "helpful" customer service double Ha!! You are supposed to be learning to hear, not making a full-time unpaid job out of what somebody already got paid well to do pitifully pathetically...
@Goacher55 we ought to get together sometime and be unashamedly geeky together. My father was a geek and a nerd before they ever existed, I am a music nerd who loves math (doesn't mean I understand it but I love to pretend I do), I raised a geeky nerd not even biologically related to me or Dad, and how much more perfect can it get?
@SaskiaKC I just remembered, Mr ZF's sister and fam used to live in Paducah some years back, left for a long time, and now coming back to Hopkinsville for their second careers! My Kroger carries pastured chicken eggs if you have a Kroger. And hooray clean windows! I don't let people in my house from 4-5pm lol.
@jjraak not only did you make me giggle at "your" purple prose, you reached the 4's!!! Way! To! Go!
@dunelm I thought you were already in my CMT but not so. I took the liberty of adding you to my recipe circle. What a family reunion!
@trick60 Marty Feldman I laughed out loud Haven't thought of him in years.
Ok @jjraak I am loving your storytelling and have to say, I've been eating alot of Crispie Dunnies, and they've been having a beneficial effect for me. One time bg went down after CD eaten! Wonder if this is island magic?
@Krystyna23040 and @jjraak I also have chronic allergic asthma, for which I take 3 pills, 2 inhalers, and a steroid nasal spray, not to mention the neti pot. LC has been somewhat helpful also. I take a med that has a side effect of taking away some of your lung power, but I make do. All this stuff I take is maintenance, every day forever. It's worked well for me. I'm walking early in the morning and so far all I get is a runny nose, which I never otherwise get.
Saskia, I can't believe I missed the Kentucky Derby... last year I was in a sports restaurant by coincidence, so saw it.
Welcome @Shas3 !

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher "computers will make our lives so much easier!" they tell us. Ha! If they did, my son and all other IT experts in the world would be without jobs. And "helpful" customer service double Ha!! You are supposed to be learning to hear, not making a full-time unpaid job out of what somebody already got paid well to do pitifully pathetically...

It’s driven me insane. The app reviews are appalling.

Computers fill up every waking moment, and require constant learning and understanding and maintenance by us.
And yes, we do not get paid for it.

Going back to sleep, just peeked on. The sky is lightening. Dawn is round the corner and I want to catch up on sleep...
>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a day yesterday mini thunderstorms...giant hail...sudden downpours I ignored it all & spent most of the day cooking...friends for dinner last night which was so enjoyable...good food & a couple of bottles of prosecco...lots & lots of laughing my ribs are aching so much...woke to a not surprising 6.5.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 for me today.
My father rang yesterday to tell me he has a "touch" of vertigo. I went round to see him to find out what that actually meant. He claims he is not dizzy but can not walk in a straight line. Fortunately he isn't feeling nauseous at the moment. He has promised that he will ring for an appointment on Tuesday. I will therefore be called upon to chauffeur them both wherever they need to go.
Life would be so dull without these exciting interludes!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning, no idea why but I’ll happily take it.
No deer outside my bedroom window this morning but sitting with a coffe watching anyway.
@Bubbsie that sounds like a perfect evening, but giant hailstones? Blimey! We had a glorious sunny day but so deceiving - it was freezing cold, had to put the heating on last night.
@Bildad hope things with your dad are ok. So often this sort of worry happens on a bank holiday.
@karen8967 glad no jelly babies were required today.