Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This short presentation by Paul Mason speaks to possible reasons why we lasses sometimes have difficulty losing those excess pounds. About 16-17 minutes of gold.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hmmm, interesting. I can't lose a scrap of weight. Even now on victoza, eating like a bird. I've also been walking an hour a day for the last 4 weeks, and instead of getting stronger I feel weak.
Off to get me some iron supplements. Will report back.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the same as the second case study he describes.
Chronic inflammation, keto, no weight loss - and high ferritin levels.

Trouble is, i haven’t yet encountered a doc who is willing to investigate/resolve. All they advise me to do is lose weight with calories in, calories out, the Eatwell and take anti-inflammatories.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am the same as the second case study he describes.
Chronic inflammation, keto, no weight loss - and high ferritin levels.

Trouble is, i haven’t yet encountered a doc who is willing to investigate/resolve. All they advise me to do is lose weight with calories in, calories out, the Eatwell and take anti-inflammatories.
Never getting to the root cause which is missing the point of being a doctor or a diagnostician imo.

Edited for blummin' predictive text.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAPS_od

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting. I’m the first case. I cannot get my ferretin above about 11 and it’s often in single figures. I’m a red meat eater but also have very heavy periods losing up to 500ml a month so I guess I have my cause. Roll on menopause. Trouble is they do nothing about it. Continuous iron tablets aren’t doing much. Maybe I’ll try the alternate days thing.

Reactions: RAPS_od and Guzzler

RAPS_od

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've sent the link to the video to my healthcare provider to see if some of this stuff applies to me. I eat Keto even though I'm a T1, but I have yet to lose weight and I've been eating Keto for over a year now. I'm also anemic, so this video made sense to me. I, too, take iron (ferrous sulfate) so I'll try the every other day thing and see how it goes.
Thanks, Guzzler, for the info!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've sent the link to the video to my healthcare provider to see if some of this stuff applies to me. I eat Keto even though I'm a T1, but I have yet to lose weight and I've been eating Keto for over a year now. I'm also anemic, so this video made sense to me.
Thanks, Guzzler, for the info!
You're most welcome.